Does anybody remember this from Legends or Canon?

Reaction score
Do any of you recall reading a Star Wars book (Legends or Canon) where you recall them implying or downright stating something that could NOT be achieved with current science and technology.

Reaction score
I'm not understanding the question. What do you mean? I mean, if you mean something supernatural or beyond understanding (be it our actual real-world science/tech or the fictional SW worlds) ...wouldn't that be the force?

Reaction score
I'm not understanding the question. What do you mean? I mean, if you mean something supernatural or beyond understanding (be it our actual real-world science/tech or the fictional SW worlds) ...wouldn't that be the force?
Not the Force. I’ll give you an example. My optomologist said I was eligible for LASIK but my sisters vision was worse and LASIK wouldn’t work on her because it wasn’t advanced enough yet. Something like that.

Reaction score
"...is there anything I might do to help?"

"not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest, or teleport me off this rock."

"I don't think so sir...."

^^ (is it implied, by Luke's sarcasm, that these things are impossible : teleportation, and altering time).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Intergalactic travel I guess.. even though there were a few species that managed it from an outside galaxy, no one in the Star Wars galaxy had ever managed it.