Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2021)

GNT

Reaction score
Release - May 7, 2021

By December 2018, Scott Derrickson had completed a deal to return to direct a sequel to Doctor Strange. Marvel was beginning to search for a writer, with a plan to begin filming in early 2020. Benedict Cumberbatch and Benedict Wong will reprise their roles. Elizabeth Olsen will co-star, reprising her role from other MCU films as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch. The film genre was announced to be more horror-styled, with intentions of being "the first scary MCU film".
The film will tie directly with the Disney+ series WandaVision, making it the first MCU film to be directly tied to a television series

Who is up for a scary Superhero film?

Reaction score
Me! Doctor Strange is the perfect character to base a horror movie on since his foes can be grotesque creatures from other dimensions, or deal with bending reality to horrific ends. The options are pretty much limitless when dealing with a multiverse so yeah, I'm looking forward to this!

Reaction score
All I know is "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" may be my favorite title of all the MCU movies. I can totally picture it jumping off the page of a 1970s Marvel comic.

Reaction score
This is the one I'm likely most excited for. So I'm expecting Nightmare as the main villain and I assume Scarlet Witch will be essentially the stand-in for Clea!? I assume?! I am predicting Shuma-Gorath too. My ONE question however, what role...if any...does Mordo play? It was established he's now officially gone heel. Does he have a part to play in this? I would assume so, but I'm just not sure where or how. As for the horror angle, well the original Strange did trippy pretty darn well. Then if the Mysterio illusions in Far From Home are any indication of what's to come, probably the closest and most the MCU has dabbled in horror thus far, we're in for a treat.

Mysterio sees Dr. Strange acid-trip scenes: "Hold my beer!"
Dr. Strange/Nightmare see Mysterio nightmare illusions: "Hold my beer!"

=P

Last edited:
Reaction score
I absolutely love the Dr Strange stories from Strange Tales. I hope they heep that feel. Mordo was mainly done wrong in the Mcu so what he does is anyones guess. Matt Smith is the perfect choice for Nightmare. They could be making Scarlett witch go mad like she did in the comics as a lead in to the next phase. This would also allow them to bring in and establish Franklin Richards to involve the Fantastic Four.

Reaction score
I absolutely love the Dr Strange stories from Strange Tales. I hope they heep that feel. Mordo was mainly done wrong in the Mcu so what he does is anyones guess. Matt Smith is the perfect choice for Nightmare. They could be making Scarlett witch go mad like she did in the comics as a lead in to the next phase. This would also allow them to bring in and establish Franklin Richards to involve the Fantastic Four.
I was okay with Mordo in the movie. I get the changes. I mean, it's not THAT different. He's still a sorcerer, he's still trained by the Ancient One, he's still envious of Strange, it's just his betrayal is more built up toward rather than immediate. I get it, it has more impact and they gave him more motive for turning as opposed to just "RAWR! I'm EVIL!" IMO. So I was OK with it. It's sort of like what they intended to do with Sinestro in the Green Lantern movie, the ONLY good thing about that abomination of a film. I was thinking maybe Mordo will be the one who originally conjures Nightmare.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just want to see Midnight Sons adapted somehow. We are getting a new Blade, they could use the Ghost Rider from Agents of SHIELD and Sony is doing Morbius.

Bring in descendant of Dracula Frank Drake, sorceress Jennifer Kale, werewolf-by-night Jack Russell and/or Son of Satan Damien Hellstrom and you've got an amazing group. This group could even be opened up to characters like Man-Thing, Brother Voodoo, Elsa Bloodstone, and Moon Knight.

Definitely need to see Shuma Gorath in a movie before I die.

Reaction score
Oh hell no. I need my ghost rider on a bike. Hes ghost rider not ghost driver.

Reaction score
That is the correct answer, I was just testing you and you passed. (In my defense...I did say they could use the one from AoS as he was a well used character, not that they should)

Last edited:
Reaction score
LMFAO! I really could never get behind Ghost Driver either. I don't actually watch SHIELD, I never cared for it personally, but I want to say I heard that the hog-riding flaming skull classic incarnation gave this Ghost (Driver) Rider his powers. So apparently the motorcycle riding Ghost Rider, I assume Johnny Blaze, is in the universe...just he's not the featured Ghost Rider on SHIELD. Never understood why. Stupid! But call me crazy, but I want to say I heard...was it Hulu? Amazon? Some streaming service is getting a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider series.

Reaction score
The first one was alright, but I'm not a big fan of the character. Having Wanda involved though may be interesting. It being scary though? IDK. I though that's what we wre getting in the New Mutants, but now seems no more. So they adapt it to fit Strange instead?

Once i see a trailer I'll know more on whether it's a definite see at the theater or rental.