Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2021)

GNT

Reaction score
Release - May 7, 2021

By December 2018, Scott Derrickson had completed a deal to return to direct a sequel to Doctor Strange. Marvel was beginning to search for a writer, with a plan to begin filming in early 2020. Benedict Cumberbatch and Benedict Wong will reprise their roles. Elizabeth Olsen will co-star, reprising her role from other MCU films as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch. The film genre was announced to be more horror-styled, with intentions of being "the first scary MCU film".
The film will tie directly with the Disney+ series WandaVision, making it the first MCU film to be directly tied to a television series

Who is up for a scary Superhero film?

Reaction score
Me! Doctor Strange is the perfect character to base a horror movie on since his foes can be grotesque creatures from other dimensions, or deal with bending reality to horrific ends. The options are pretty much limitless when dealing with a multiverse so yeah, I'm looking forward to this!

Reaction score
All I know is "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" may be my favorite title of all the MCU movies. I can totally picture it jumping off the page of a 1970s Marvel comic.

Reaction score
This is the one I'm likely most excited for. So I'm expecting Nightmare as the main villain and I assume Scarlet Witch will be essentially the stand-in for Clea!? I assume?! I am predicting Shuma-Gorath too. My ONE question however, what role...if any...does Mordo play? It was established he's now officially gone heel. Does he have a part to play in this? I would assume so, but I'm just not sure where or how. As for the horror angle, well the original Strange did trippy pretty darn well. Then if the Mysterio illusions in Far From Home are any indication of what's to come, probably the closest and most the MCU has dabbled in horror thus far, we're in for a treat.

Mysterio sees Dr. Strange acid-trip scenes: "Hold my beer!"
Dr. Strange/Nightmare see Mysterio nightmare illusions: "Hold my beer!"

=P

Last edited:
Reaction score
I absolutely love the Dr Strange stories from Strange Tales. I hope they heep that feel. Mordo was mainly done wrong in the Mcu so what he does is anyones guess. Matt Smith is the perfect choice for Nightmare. They could be making Scarlett witch go mad like she did in the comics as a lead in to the next phase. This would also allow them to bring in and establish Franklin Richards to involve the Fantastic Four.

Reaction score
I absolutely love the Dr Strange stories from Strange Tales. I hope they heep that feel. Mordo was mainly done wrong in the Mcu so what he does is anyones guess. Matt Smith is the perfect choice for Nightmare. They could be making Scarlett witch go mad like she did in the comics as a lead in to the next phase. This would also allow them to bring in and establish Franklin Richards to involve the Fantastic Four.
I was okay with Mordo in the movie. I get the changes. I mean, it's not THAT different. He's still a sorcerer, he's still trained by the Ancient One, he's still envious of Strange, it's just his betrayal is more built up toward rather than immediate. I get it, it has more impact and they gave him more motive for turning as opposed to just "RAWR! I'm EVIL!" IMO. So I was OK with it. It's sort of like what they intended to do with Sinestro in the Green Lantern movie, the ONLY good thing about that abomination of a film. I was thinking maybe Mordo will be the one who originally conjures Nightmare.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just want to see Midnight Sons adapted somehow. We are getting a new Blade, they could use the Ghost Rider from Agents of SHIELD and Sony is doing Morbius.

Bring in descendant of Dracula Frank Drake, sorceress Jennifer Kale, werewolf-by-night Jack Russell and/or Son of Satan Damien Hellstrom and you've got an amazing group. This group could even be opened up to characters like Man-Thing, Brother Voodoo, Elsa Bloodstone, and Moon Knight.

Definitely need to see Shuma Gorath in a movie before I die.

Reaction score
Oh hell no. I need my ghost rider on a bike. Hes ghost rider not ghost driver.

Reaction score
That is the correct answer, I was just testing you and you passed. (In my defense...I did say they could use the one from AoS as he was a well used character, not that they should)

Last edited:
Reaction score
LMFAO! I really could never get behind Ghost Driver either. I don't actually watch SHIELD, I never cared for it personally, but I want to say I heard that the hog-riding flaming skull classic incarnation gave this Ghost (Driver) Rider his powers. So apparently the motorcycle riding Ghost Rider, I assume Johnny Blaze, is in the universe...just he's not the featured Ghost Rider on SHIELD. Never understood why. Stupid! But call me crazy, but I want to say I heard...was it Hulu? Amazon? Some streaming service is getting a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider series.

Reaction score
The first one was alright, but I'm not a big fan of the character. Having Wanda involved though may be interesting. It being scary though? IDK. I though that's what we wre getting in the New Mutants, but now seems no more. So they adapt it to fit Strange instead?

Once i see a trailer I'll know more on whether it's a definite see at the theater or rental.

Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot of rumors about this being nuts. Deadpool? X-men? Where were the Eternals during all this? all sorts of stuff on the table for this. I'm wary of the crap title, but interested in getting more characters out there.

Reaction score
I've been looking into some rumors about Wanda Vision on Disney Plus because it's heavily rumored it leads right into Multiverse of Madness. I've come across some wild stuff. Apparently there was a casting audition leak online that showed Wanda and Vision have children and the actor even reads a line that confirms Pietro (Quicksilver) will be back. Now whether he's alive or it's a vision, who knows? Who knows if anyone is "real" outside of Wanda because, well, this is going to sound nuts...

...but apparently the first few episodes are shot like a literal sitcom, even with a live studio audience. With this Rockwell-like concept art, I can see it...

wanda-vision-art.jpg

Now, here's what I'm getting from that. I'm a big Twilight Zone fan and there's an old episode titled "A World of Difference," in which the male lead realizes his whole "reality" was just a movie set and he's actually an actor in it. I'm thinking Wanda Vision will play out much in the same way. Maybe in her depression over the loss of Vision, she went mad and literally breaks reality, imagining a sort of idealistic Leave It To Beaver marriage with Vision, children, even good ole Uncle Pietro. But what she doesn't realize is it's just that, not real or perhaps pseudo-real, and the more she (unknowingly) keeps this up, the more she is warping reality...which would, of course, gain the attention of non-other than Dr. Strange. Adds up to me, considering what she is capable of in the comics, and could potentially explain how mutants come into being.

Reaction score
Sounds like they are doing the MCU version of "House of M". Wanda essentially starts warping reality and creating new realities. Dr.Strange is heavily involved in the whole story arc. There are already Mutants, and She's one of them! This is how they could introduce Magneto easily.

Reaction score
Your synopsis is pretty much what most "insiders" are saying the show is about, MM.
Yeah it's everything I found. When I first heard sitcom and even laugh track live studio audience...I was like, "What?" But then it hit me, that old episode of Twilight Zone. Holy crap, it's actually rather disturbing. Now the name even makes sense. I hated the title, but now? Wandavision - Television. Brilliant!

Sounds like they are doing the MCU version of "House of M". Wanda essentially starts warping reality and creating new realities. Dr.Strange is heavily involved in the whole story arc. There are already Mutants, and She's one of them! This is how they could introduce Magneto easily.
Now keep in mind, technically, no...Wanda isn't a mutant in the MCU. They didn't have the rights, at the time, to use to term mutant. She's what they called "enhanced," so to speak, which is basically just the placeholder for "mutant." Now that we know they will bring mutants into the MCU, I'm not sure if they'll retcon that or not. My way of thinking is, she'll somehow "birth" mutants into reality, so she'll become basically the "mother" of all mutants. Which that would be a sort of spin on house of M, basically same idea, but instead of "ending" mutants, she begins them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the TV MCU. (not getting into the debate about what's included) They have already established 2 secret groups of super powered being (Inhumans - Moon, Inhumans - AoS/China) So the idea that Professor X is running a school somewhere is not really a stretch. I always though Wanda would either be a founding member of the X men or used to introduce the X men.

& who is everybody's favorite Xman?
  Spoiler:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I hope that it's not too far out there, I'm already mentally drained/exhausted from watching Legion. lol

Also, if you get too crazy you're going to lose some of the non hardcore viewers with confusion.

I heard that they were rebooting Inhumans.

Reaction score
Anyone watch Doom Patrol? That was Bats*** crazy but awesome. I'm not suggesting Wandavision should go that route, but I'm all for a little bowl of crazy soup. If this is leading into Dr. Strange... I mean strange is in the guy's name.

Shuma Gorath for the win!!!!

Reaction score
Anyone watch Doom Patrol? That was Bats*** crazy but awesome. I'm not suggesting Wandavision should go that route, but I'm all for a little bowl of crazy soup. If this is leading into Dr. Strange... I mean strange is in the guy's name.

Oh dude I so did and LOVED IT! It's WILD. I'd go as far as to say maybe best thing DC has done in a decade. Now I do agree, Marvel can't go THAT far with nuts ...but the idea of them going a bit crazy? I like it.

Reaction score

I think after the success of. Doom Patrol, they can get away with wacky. But absolutely Hate what they are doing with USAgent. Swamp Thing which they canned was the single best DC project.😞

Reaction score
Oh dude I so did and LOVED IT! It's WILD. I'd go as far as to say maybe best thing DC has done in a decade. Now I do agree, Marvel can't go THAT far with nuts ...but the idea of them going a bit crazy? I like it.
Did you see the Super Bowl spot?? Maybe they can go far..... maybe others had seen that, but I hadn't. Wandavision looks totally off the wall.

Reaction score
Did you see the Super Bowl spot?? Maybe they can go far..... maybe others had seen that, but I hadn't. Wandavision looks totally off the wall.
I did catch it. Oh man am I excited for Wandavision. It's my #1 for the ...I guess you could call it Phase 1...Disney Plus Marvel shows. It looks absolutely bonkers, totally Twilight Zone like I was hoping for. Some things I noted: Looks like there's a 50's "Leave It To Beaver/I Love Lucy" style dimension, there's a total "Brady Bunch" 60's and 70's era, and some sort of late 80's to early 90's sitcom styled like "Roseanne/Full House," which is particularly comical as Elizabeth is the sister of the Olsen twins. I really like the idea of this sort of quirky delusional sitcom utopia that's masking she's trapped in some utter nightmare hell reality. It's so unique when compared to anything else they've done yet. Also, her comic costume!!! I'm making a prediction right now, it's a sitcom Halloween episode and that's her costume. Also there's the babies, which totally, to me, confirm Quicksilver will show up. Another prediction I'm making. It would by hysterical if, say, Captain America is the quirky neighbor or Hawkeye is like a *Sam the Butcher role from Brady Bunch. "And you were there, and you were there, and you were there!" Also the ultimate question is, is there a villain behind this? Nightmare using her own powers against her? I def. think Dr. Strange will appear by the climax.

Plus...I'm sorry...but ....gaaaaaaaaah....*drool*...she's soooooo hooooot. I know, I know, I'm better than that. But I look at her and just go straight derp.

It reminds me very much of that Twilight Zone episode I mentioned above, but also one of my all-time favorite Batman the Animated Series episodes: "Perchance to Dream." In it, Bruce wakes up in a reality where his parents weren't murdered, he's engaged to Selina Kyle, and he's not Batman. It all seems so perfect...too perfect. He begins to suspect something isn't quite right. The more he investigates, the more those who surround him believe he's going increasingly mentally unstable. Eventually he runs off, heads to the cemetery where his parents were buried and confronts this worlds Batman only to realize...it's the Mad Hatter. He's put Bruce in his own private Wonderland, but once Bruce wakes, traumatized (one of the rare times Bruce is legit livid), he states "I was willing to give you whatever life you wanted...just to keep you out of mine!"

Falcon and the Winter Soldier looks good, I'm just not as interested. My biggest draw is Zemo, finally costumed, returning. I hope they really embrace more comic style Zemo rather than the character being Zemo only in name. Also at the football game, that appears to be U.S. Agent. Still excited, but the least interesting of the three for me.

Then lastly, Loki. Didn't really show much of anything...but one thing of interest: his outfit appears to be some sort of prison uniform with the letter TVA on it. In Marvel that would stand for the Time Variants Authority, basically a group that exists like...between time and space...that exists to basically mend strange dimensional problems. If you've seen Umbrella Academy, it's very much so like that organization. And considering this is an alternate reality Loki who didn't die and thus his very existence would be causing time displacement issues, they'd totally be after him. So we know, Marvel stays fairly true to comics, but adapts and blends things to serve a better purpose. So CONSIDERING all this...is it just me...

...or does Kang soooooooo make sense to show up? That concept just reeeeeeks of Kang. Maybe have him be the leader of the TVA! Man I hope I'm right, I've wanted to see him for a while now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would by hysterical if, say, Captain America is the quirky neighbor or Hawkeye is like a Bill the Butcher role from Brady Bunch.
:oops::oops::oops: Bill the Butcher from "Gangs of New York" would certainly change the Brady Bunch quite a bit ... LOLOLOLOL

I believe you meant Sam the butcher.

Reaction score
Then lastly, Loki. Didn't really show much of anything...but one thing of interest: his outfit appears to be some sort of prison uniform with the letter TVA on it. In Marvel that would stand for the Time Variants Authority, basically a group that exists like...between time and space...that exists to basically mend strange dimensional problems. If you've seen Umbrella Academy, it's very much so like that organization. And considering this is an alternate reality Loki who didn't die and thus his very existence would be causing time displacement issues, they'd totally be after him. So we know, Marvel stays fairly true to comics, but adapts and blends things to serve a better purpose. So CONSIDERING all this...is it just me..
I know it’s the ultimate no chance in hell, but with the TVA and supposedly the show premise being a “man on the run” concept, they wouldn't dare bring in a certain cyborg to ”hunt” Loki for a “bounty”, would they? Yes?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know it’s the ultimate no chance in hell, but with the TVA and supposedly the show premise being a “man on the run” concept, they wouldnkt dare bring in a certain cyborg to ”hunt” Loki for a “bounty”, would they? Yes?
Are you implying what I think you're implying? Because if you are, my man, good man, great man....THAT would blow my MIND.

Reaction score
Are you implying what I think you're implying? Because if you are, my man, good man, great man....THAT would blow my MIND.
Yeah, that would be a seriously insane character to add to the MCU. Then again, we've actually got versions of him in both the Marvel Universe 3.75" & Marvel Legends 6" action figure lines in the last few years, plus a rather random out of nowhere mini-series late last year.

Reaction score
I'm suddenly more geeked for this now that Sam Raimi is rumored to be in talks about coming onboard. Spiderman 2 was the best SM film imo.