Doctor Aphra Mini Bust

Reaction score
Well, it'll go with 000.

Otherwise... This was off the mark. It didn't get great response during fan voting when it was up for PGM voting. Unlike other options from this years.

I suppose this makes sense with the 000 which would mean we will be getting dr E later to pair with Ponda.

Sent from my TA-1052 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well, it'll go with 000.

Otherwise... This was off the mark. It didn't get great response during fan voting when it was up for PGM voting. Unlike other options from this years.

I suppose this makes sense with the 000 which would mean we will be getting dr E later to pair with Ponda.

Sent from my TA-1052 using Tapatalk
Bodes well for other runners up ;)

Reaction score
Anecdotal evidence has shown them that busts of females move a lot quicker than of the male characters. So that’s why even with the ST not being a good seller, they’re playing it safe with doing Dark Rey, and safe again with a beloved OT droid character that was in the film with Babu tossed in. This new one again is because they know as a female she’ll easily sell.

GG isn’t isn’t in business to make every individual’s collecting wishlist a reality, they’re there to make $. Riding on the current social climate of female power is a way to do it

I’ll probably buy this one because I too like good female busts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Female busts do seem to do really well and I’ll take every single one. This looks great!

Reaction score
Cool concept and looks great, but not for me.

Rumors still persist of her getting her own show on Disney Plus..so we'll see about that.

Reaction score
I didn't think this did too well in the poll a while back?

Can't say it really interests me at the minute, I'll wait to see what it looks like first.

Reaction score
I'm completly out of this and any comic minibust.

For me is the worst and less interesting concept of the 4 shown during this week.

What surprise more is that the PGM poll from 2018, Aphra was the minibust with less votes, and only Count Dooku is not done of all the possible choices.

There is a lot of people that are asking a Dooku with arms and a lightsaber for a long time. After see Aphra concept now I'm more convinced than ever that now it's the time for Dooku!

#MakeDooku

Attachments

Reaction score
I didn't think this did too well in the poll a while back?

Can't say it really interests me at the minute, I'll wait to see what it looks like first.
Might be the Hasbro Fan Choice... she won a poll to get made into The Vintage Collection line IIRC. She beat out Sim Aloo, which was how I finally realized the OT crowd was now in the minority when it comes to collecting and the Clone Wars / Prequels / EU kids are all grown up.

Reaction score
That was just the people that collect Hasbro. It has nothing to do with Gentle giant collectors where it failed terribly nor how most people in general could feel. We all know why Disney keeps pushing for this character: her same gender inclination and a female character. That's what they want to push. There are so many other characters asked to be made. I really don't see that many people going around saying to make Aphra. Just my opinion, of course.

Reaction score
Might be the Hasbro Fan Choice... she won a poll to get made into The Vintage Collection line IIRC. She beat out Sim Aloo, which was how I finally realized the OT crowd was now in the minority when it comes to collecting and the Clone Wars / Prequels / EU kids are all grown up.
I'm thinking of a different poll. I think?? I'm sure i remember her being part of a mini bust/GG poll and coming in last. A lot of people, myself included hadn't heard of her. I wouldn't mind a bit of prequel action, what was the last prequel mini bust?

There are so many other characters asked to be made. I really don't see that many people going around saying to make Aphra. Just my opinion, of course.
I have no idea how they choose what busts to make but i'm pretty sure it's not from listening to what their customers want!

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a different poll. I think?? I'm sure i remember her being part of a mini bust/GG poll and coming in last. A lot of people, myself included hadn't heard of her. I wouldn't mind a bit of prequel action, what was the last prequel mini bust?
I looked it up to see... I was remembering right, but it was 2017:

Doctor Aphra is going on her biggest adventure yet: a journey from the pages of Marvel’s Star Wars comics to your toy collection. And it’s all thanks to you!

The kinda good, kinda bad archaeologist has won Hasbro’s Star Wars Fan Figure Vote on StarWars.com, meaning that she’ll be making the jump to toy form and joining the new 3.75-inch Star Wars Vintage Collection. Doctor Aphra, introduced in 2016 in Marvel’s Darth Vader series, rocketed quickly to fan-favorite status. She was dangerous, funny, and kept the company of two psychotic droids, but wasn’t completely without a heart; it was hard not to root for her, even when battling our heroes. Today, Doctor Aphra stars in her own ongoing series and cosplay sightings are regular.

“I’m of a generation that some of my earliest memories are of Star Wars figures and the magic herein,” Doctor Aphra creator and series writer Kieron Gillen tells StarWars.com. “The idea that someone Salva [Larroca] and I made up is going to be one of those, immortal in plastic, feels all kind of magical.”

While runner-up Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars Rebels version) made the contest a close one, Aphra, in typical fashion, remained a few steps ahead and didn’t look back. In the end, the variant cover to Darth Vader #25, seen below, proved strangely prophetic.

Reaction score

I have no idea how they choose what busts to make but i'm pretty sure it's not from listening to what their customers want!
You are right. She lost hugely in the Gentle Giant poll for several reasons, and only very few cared. Not sure why a poll from Hasbro is being used to estimate her approval for the mini bust. While there are a few, most people collecting action figures do not collect mini busts, and those collecting action figures collect mostly everything. She was never a part of any mini bust collectors lists and yes, where are the PT mini busts? And only one OT from the Empire Strikes Back on its anniversary year? Ha! It's a joke

Reaction score
Her outfit/holster reminds me of Captain Mal from Firefly/Serenity.

When Triple-Zero was announced she was kind of a given to me made... This will probably help sales of that bust too.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a bit of prequel action, what was the last prequel mini bust?
Not counting Ahsoka´s 332nd trooper, Jango classic mini bust and the new TCW 1/7 line, I believe PGM Queen Amidala from 2014 was the last prequel mini bust. I think it is time for a new PT mini bust after six years of no prequel movie additions to the line. There are a lot of cool and never done before characters waiting to be made like Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray, Super Battle Droid, Wat Tambor, Poggle the Lesser, ARC-170 pilot, Tion Medon, Tarfful.....

Reaction score
Not counting Ahsoka´s 332nd trooper, Jango classic mini bust and the new TCW 1/7 line, I believe PGM Queen Amidala from 2014 was the last prequel mini bust. I think it is time for a new PT mini bust after six years of no prequel movie additions to the line. There are a lot of cool and never done before characters waiting to be made like Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray, Super Battle Droid, Wat Tambor, Poggle the Lesser, ARC-170 pilot, Tion Medon, Tarfful.....
I think Clone Commander Faie in 2015 was the last one. But I agree there's a bunch of great options to pick from.

Reaction score
They made Alpha off that list before Dooku with arms & a saber ?? A travesty!

Another very, very easy pass for me, however I’m happy for those who are interested
Since you posted I've been looking for this photo and I finally did just now. If you haven't seen it yet... Dooku with arms (and Lama Su)... produced part of a one-off chess set for George Lucas. I almost wonder if this has anything to do with why they never made him again, if there was some sort of deal in place. I'd buy both of those.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since you posted I've been looking for this photo and I finally did just now. If you haven't seen it yet... Dooku with arms (and Lama Su)... produced part of a one-off chess set for George Lucas. I almost wonder if this has anything to do with why they never made him again, if there was some sort of deal in place. I'd buy both of those.

Dooku it's a must, and probably the most important character pending from the prequels. I never unsderstood why this prototype made for Lucas was shown to the public and never was released. Also Lama Su it could be and interesting character for her nice design and I would buy for sure as I would buy Nute Gunray if was released too.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I would pay good money for both those busts.

The Kaminoans are up there in that "weird alien that'll look great as a bust" category and the Count is not represented well for collectors.

Reaction score
I looked it up to see... I was remembering right, but it was 2017:

That's definitely not the poll I'm thinking of. Just because she won another poll why do we have to have her? There are a whole bunch of PT and ST characters I'd rather have. Lama Su would be good and as others have said Nute Gunray.

Reaction score
That's definitely not the poll I'm thinking of. Just because she won another poll why do we have to have her? There are a whole bunch of PT and ST characters I'd rather have. Lama Su would be good and as others have said Nute Gunray.
Well, winning that poll does indicate that someone's interested in her, even if it's a younger crowd that maybe doesn't collect Gentle Giant as much, plus - female Star Wars characters are all the rage right now. The good news is that none of us have to buy her and if it flops maybe Gentle Giant will think twice next time. I bet it sells out quickly though.

Reaction score
How did Shae Vizla do? I never bought that bust and I think Dr Aphra falls in the same category as her, although I have no idea who she is other than a character from the Darth Vader comic books that I never read. Easy pass for me.

Reaction score
How did Shae Vizla do? I never bought that bust and I think Dr Aphra falls in the same category as her, although I have no idea who she is other than a character from the Darth Vader comic books that I never read. Easy pass for me.

I seem to remember Shae Vizla selling pretty well, even with all the backpacks being upside down :LOL:

Reaction score
I seem to remember Shae Vizla selling pretty well, even with all the backpacks being upside down :LOL:
I do remember the backpack being upside down! Ridiculous! Lol
I guess I could be wrong, but I thought she didn’t sell very well.

Reaction score
Winning an action figure poll is not indicative that people collecting mini busts want Aphra. They embrace two different areas of collecting, and for the most part both groups have different ways of collecting and what they feel should be made. Very few people collecting action figures collect mini busts. Point out to me one single poll for mini bust collecting that Aphra won. Point out to me all these mini bust collectors thinking she is "the rage", and putting the character at the top of their want list, other than four cats. The people that their votes matter to be counted for this specific design of Star Wars collectibles voted already. When people collecting mini busts where asked to vote in that poll, this character got the lowest rate ever.

As for female characters being all the rage, I don't think it is as much what people want, but what Disney and companies they control push on us. Do you want to see what people really want? Check out the many polls conducted here in recent years, check out what characters people talk about the most, and Aphra fails miserably. Some don't like her because simply they just don't care about the character, and others because she was introduced as a character having an attraction for other females. Not me that said it, others did, you can look it up.

Pointing out to Hasbro's poll for an action figure and saying the mini bust deserves to be made because of that poll is simply an assumption and a stretch. But of course, if they make a very limited run of this character as a mini bust, it will sell out mostly to resellers due to her limited numbers and a quick buck, and it'll be bought as well by people collecting everything GG put out, no matter what it is, NOT because everyone claimed for Aphra to be made, NOT because she is a female, NOT because she is this popular character among mini bust collectors. JMHO

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't even read any of her comics yet. But I still want this bust.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm not getting this, but for those of you that are into picking up this character, some pictures of the finished minii bust ...

1602173827357.png

1602173866737.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another very easy pass for me, as I don’t like the character nor the 1:7 scale line. I guess I’m glad for those interested in though