Display Case Help?

Reaction score
Hello, it has been years since I've lurked around here and maybe there's a thread I just couldn't find addressing this, but I recently made the move from Portland (OR) to the Las Vegas area and during the move, besides breaking just about all of my furniture, the moving company also managed to destroy my Boba Fett blaster case (just the case, not the base of it) and my Darth Vader helmet case, base and plexiglass. I think I got that Vader helmet case from Rebelscum actually back in the day, at least it seems to indicate that on the bottom. Now, I'm just so bummed, I'm not sure what to do about these broken cases. What are my options? Are there any custom acrylic companies that can duplicate the case close enough or are there aftermarket cases or even cases that are "close enough" just to protect the pieces, I guess?

I'm so bummed out because I haven't had some of this stuff on display in a very long time, many years even a decade plus, but with a larger house I have some space to display the stuff without it taking over the entire place. I was all excited to start placing the stuff, but literally the first two big boxes I opened of my collection were these broken cases. Beyond bummed about it. Just seeking any advice at all. It's worth the money to me to try to replace the cases if possible. I'm trying to remind myself the cases are there to protect the collectible and my collectibles are intact and in perfect shape, which is good, but... to me it has always felt like the case is part of the collectible. I think in the Vader helmet example, that case was after market so it doesn't affect the value of my collectible, but I had such a beautiful case from right here that I just loved.

Thanks guys, for any help, and may the Force be with you!

Reaction score
Here in CA, there's a local plastics store called TAP Plastics. I had them fabricate acrylic covers for my MR Falcon and eFX TIE. I don't believe they have any stores in NV, but my suggestion is to google local plastic stores around you. If you do find one, make sure to bring the base with you so they can measure it for the opening. You only need to provide the height you would like and whether you would like heat bends or not. I did, so it would match the original MR covers. Good luck!

Reaction score
Thank you guys! I did find a local plastics store, the e-mail I got back was kind of... well, English as a second language, so I'm not sure I understood exactly what was being said, but I was thinking I could bring both pieces that are broken to their shop and they could take measurements even, perhaps. I just need to figure out pricing through them or whether something like casesforcollectibles would be better. I found a few other custom acrylics shops online, but some of them appear to do various set sizes or have "contact us" for custom sizes, so I'll dig more into it. Thanks so much! I'm really hopeful I can get back what I had, basically haha.

Reaction score
Thank you guys! I did find a local plastics store, the e-mail I got back was kind of... well, English as a second language, so I'm not sure I understood exactly what was being said, but I was thinking I could bring both pieces that are broken to their shop and they could take measurements even, perhaps. I just need to figure out pricing through them or whether something like casesforcollectibles would be better. I found a few other custom acrylics shops online, but some of them appear to do various set sizes or have "contact us" for custom sizes, so I'll dig more into it. Thanks so much! I'm really hopeful I can get back what I had, basically haha.
Please keep us updated on your progress for cases, I have many MR & eFX props without any cases and would like to consider ordering some!

Reaction score
Something to consider when deciding between local and online. If something is wrong with it, you'd be able to handle it easier with a local shop than an online retailer. Shipping covers can be a hassle due to their fragile nature. The last time I got covers made by Tap Plastics, they screwed up and made them a millimeter or two too small. I made the mistake of not bringing my bases with me when picking them up to check. I brought them when picking up the remade ones and made sure they fit before I went home.

Reaction score
Try Saber Display Solutions on Facebook. Efren makes excellent quality covers! I've used him twice and have not been disappointed. He is based out of So .Cal.

Reaction score
Try Saber Display Solutions on Facebook. Efren makes excellent quality covers! I've used him twice and have not been disappointed. He is based out of So .Cal.
I can second this recommendation. Efren does great work and just finished a cover for my EFX tie fighter. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
That looks nice, I will buy one for the Code 3 Slave 1, the old one does not look that nice anymore.
Chris

Reaction score
I can second this recommendation. Efren does great work and just finished a cover for my EFX tie fighter. GC

Wow Goldcylon, that looks fantastic!! I would love to hear more details about your experience with them, have you ordered anything else for eFX product and if they can make any mirror styled MR bases?

Reaction score
Currently I live somewhat local to Efren for the next 9 months so I have given him ALL my Acrylic projects. He can pretty much do anything and I "Lent" him my base so he could get all the dimensions. I just picked this up weeks ago. The base on this one is MDF. I had him "sink" the black portion of the EFX base so it now kind of floats. He is currently doing this for my EFX X-Wing New hope Wedge and Skywalker helmet. This is ESB Skywalker helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chewiegum did it Yellow? Those were well put together but they tend to yellow. Very tall as well. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Currently I live somewhat local to Efren for the next 9 months so I have given him ALL my Acrylic projects. He can pretty much do anything and I "Lent" him my base so he could get all the dimensions. I just picked this up weeks ago. The base on this one is MDF. I had him "sink" the black portion of the EFX base so it now kind of floats. He is currently doing this for my EFX X-Wing New hope Wedge and Skywalker helmet. This is ESB Skywalker helmet.

GOLDCYLON, thanks for sharing the above photo! I think this looks fantastic and also think would be a perfect solution for the eFX X-Wing as well, with that oval shape. I would love to get a few of these myself, but not sure I can convince him to send these to Michigan??

Also, please please be sure to share your updated pics here in this thread, as they become available!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chewiegum did it Yellow? Those were well put together but they tend to yellow. Very tall as well. GC
Yes it's yellow, I will keep it in it's shipper in case I will ever sell Slave 1, but for display it's nicer to have a clear cover.
The others from Code 3 did not yellow, only the case of S1.
Chris

Reaction score
Yes it's yellow, I will keep it in it's shipper in case I will ever sell Slave 1, but for display it's nicer to have a clear cover.
The others from Code 3 did not yellow, only the case of S1.
Chris
the Slave 1is very nice I am not sure if everybody knows how large and heavy that ship is from Code 3 !

Reaction score
About 50 x 40 x 40 I would say with cover, coming in 2 bigger boxes (one for the Slave 1 and ond for the acrylic cover).
I was able to get the signature edition.
Chris

Reaction score
Yes :) I payed for the new acrylic case yesterday, so it should arrive next week. I'll post some comparison pictures old/new.
Chris

Reaction score
Old yellowed case goes back in it's box:

Both next to eachother:

New one looks much much better now:

Chris

Reaction score
Just picked up my case for Jyn Erso A180 blaster. This is the War Machine buildup

Last edited:
Reaction score
ICONs T2

And my Icons T2 replacement Case. Way better than case the original IMHO

Reaction score
It really sets it off. Its a great build and there really isn't much Rogue One props out there. That's cool that you did your own weathering. GC

Reaction score
This looks fantastic Goldcylon! Is something like this available to order with both the base and cover?
Yes via Efran he is Display101 on Ebay and the Facebook name was referenced earlier in this thread. If you need a Cell number to text PM me. GC

Reaction score
Do you mind to share the company that made the case? I would be interested as well to replace some of the older mirror bases of MR that looked different from the newer ones.
Chris

Reaction score
Do you mind to share the company that made the case? I would be interested as well to replace some of the older mirror bases of MR that looked different from the newer ones.
Chris
NP I will PM you all the info tonight after work

Reaction score
I’ll share a little gem with everyone. Earlier this year I purchased an Icons Batman & Robin - Robin's Throwing Bird on eBay and the display case was destroyed in shipping. I asked my production designer for a recommendation of a place that could fix or replicate it. He turned me on to Plastic Depot of Burbank. I called and spoke with Kyle. I couldn't believe my luck when Kyle told me he was the guy and company that made the original display cases for Icons and also Master Replicas. Kyle is super cool and within a few short weeks he replicated the display case. I couldn't be more happy with his work and his price was also very reasonable. I plan on giving him more business and I can recommend him to anyone looking for a great display case maker in the Los Angeles area.

Attachments

Reaction score
I have these from ICONS and they are pretty nice props. Robins throwing bird is pretty HTF. GC

Reaction score
I have these from ICONS and they are pretty nice props. Robins throwing bird is pretty HTF. GC
You’re correct on both points. I was lucky to find both of them this year. Robin’s is certainly harder to find. I’ve had my eye on these since I started collecting props, which was just about when Icons went under.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That's really good news, then we even get the real deal when replacing display cases. So I assume he also can reproduce the mirror bases?
Chris

Reaction score
GOLDCYLON, thanks for sharing the above photo! I think this looks fantastic and also think would be a perfect solution for the eFX X-Wing as well, with that oval shape. I would love to get a few of these myself, but not sure I can convince him to send these to Michigan??

Also, please please be sure to share your updated pics here in this thread, as they become available!
Well here is my latest. Kind of shows you his versatility. 0EC2F663-C091-4C87-8B72-9205D694D422.jpeg7BAEEB24-4B31-41A7-86D9-F8947677AB50.jpeg

Reaction score
I’ll share a little gem with everyone. Earlier this year I purchased an Icons Batman & Robin - Robin's Throwing Bird on eBay and the display case was destroyed in shipping. I asked my production designer for a recommendation of a place that could fix or replicate it. He turned me on to Plastic Depot of Burbank. I called and spoke with Kyle. I couldn't believe my luck when Kyle told me he was the guy and company that made the original display cases for Icons and also Master Replicas. Kyle is super cool and within a few short weeks he replicated the display case. I couldn't be more happy with his work and his price was also very reasonable. I plan on giving him more business and I can recommend him to anyone looking for a great display case maker in the Los Angeles area.
You got a great deal man! Epic score!