Disney+

Reaction score
Hi, does anybody here using Disney plus app? I am planning to subscribe but beforehand I want to know if it's worth it?

Reaction score
As with all things it's really dependent upon the person in question and what they're looking for in content, considering all that they offer for $8 I'd say it's definitely worth it at face value. Especially when you consider others are almost twice as much for less overall content like HBOMAX for instance. Although I'd say HBO offers more new quality content versus D+ who depends mostly on old library titles.

Personally since I'm not into their old library I only sign up during periods when new shows air, it might seem tedious to do that but given all the services I have to subscribe to just to get the content I'm after it doesn't make sense to keep it going and pay for the months there's nothing for me.
And that's just at $8 I can't imagine what will happen when they raise it to compete with Netflix and Max etc. meaning another $12-15 monthly fee, though I feel it will still be worth it for some because of all the new content that's coming combined with their library.

What would really suck is if streaming sites start doing what Cable/Satellite does/did and you have to sign up for 12 month contact. lol
And I do see a need for it if these companies want to continue to deliver new content and keep subs at constant stream of revenue versus people watching what they want and then cancel, rinse repeat.

Reaction score
i watch a couple of shows on disney+. i like the secrets of sulpher springs a lot. i also watch the new mighty ducks show, but its not really good. im not sure why i still watch.

anyway, my wife loves the mandalorian, so as long as thats on there, we will have it

Reaction score
It’s not really worth - no. No unless you really like Star Wars, or really like Marvel, or really like DuckTales. Also worth it if you like Pixar or Disney movies. And if you like old movies it’s worth it. Huge back catalogue of Disney Films and 20th Century Fox. If you have kids that watch tv it’s probably worth it. if you want to see old Disney tv shows it’s also worth it. Same with old Marvel Cartoons going back to the 1960s. Also if you want to see what Baby Yoda is all about - it’s the only way to watch his show. If you like Avatar it’s sort of worth it and is going to be more worth it in the future. And if you like National Geographic - that’s also theis official streaming service with weeks worth of documentaries. If you want to see every Simpsons episode in original aspect ratio or cropped it’s worth it. So as you can see the small amount Disney+ offers is worth it to a select audience.

i watch a couple of shows on disney+. i like the secrets of sulpher springs a lot. i also watch the new mighty ducks show, but its not really good. im not sure why i still watch.

anyway, my wife loves the mandalorian, so as long as thats on there, we will have it
Im watching that show too. I never even saw the movies. Its sort of delightful.

Reaction score
It’s not really worth - no. No unless you really like Star Wars, or really like Marvel, or really like DuckTales. Also worth it if you like Pixar or Disney movies. And if you like old movies it’s worth it. Huge back catalogue of Disney Films and 20th Century Fox. If you have kids that watch tv it’s probably worth it. if you want to see old Disney tv shows it’s also worth it. Same with old Marvel Cartoons going back to the 1960s. Also if you want to see what Baby Yoda is all about - it’s the only way to watch his show. If you like Avatar it’s sort of worth it and is going to be more worth it in the future. And if you like National Geographic - that’s also theis official streaming service with weeks worth of documentaries. If you want to see every Simpsons episode in original aspect ratio or cropped it’s worth it. So as you can see the small amount Disney+ offers is worth it to a select audience.
I see, thanks anyway. It really helps me clear my mind. :)

Reaction score
Personally, you need to be a Disney fan to enjoy the entire range of shows and movies they offer. Mandalorian is a fantastic series in itself and so are so many smaller series it puts up. Overall, it's good.

Reaction score
If you like Star Wars and Marvel then it's already very worthwhile. If you like Pixar then even more so.

Having the Disney classics is good for hangovers, and there are some OK documentaries. But that's all essentially an extra to the unlimited Star Wars and MCU on offer, which is extremely good value.

I'd recommend it.

Reaction score
If you like Star Wars and Marvel then it's already very worthwhile. If you like Pixar then even more so.

Having the Disney classics is good for hangovers, and there are some OK documentaries. But that's all essentially an extra to the unlimited Star Wars and MCU on offer, which is extremely good value.

I'd recommend it.
Thanks for the honest feedback. I really found it helpful.