Disney Toybox

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a thread for this, so I figured I'd leave it here. Thoughts on the new line?

Reaction score
I opened up Kylo so far. Overall...eh. Aesthetics wise they fit right in with the Infinity style but aren't the same scale. They actually don't really fit in any current scale. The articulation is great though. Kylo has a removable hood. For kids and Disneyana collectors these will be great. Affordable and stylized toys of great Disney characters in a consistent scale is a great idea.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was really looking forward to picking up the 3 Star Wars ones but after seeing how their not in scale with the other infinity figures I'm a little turned off. Although Im still tempted to grab the Stormtrooper, I'm probably gonna hold off till they show the next wave of figures. They look fantastic but I'm not thrilled about them being in their own scale if that makes any sense.

Reaction score
I thought it was cool that Disney decided to do animated figures, since Hasbro left the Rebels line hanging, however the scale is a big issue for me. I stick to 3.75 figures, so 5 inch animated really doesn't fit with the rest of my collection. If they release a character I love, I might grab it, but much like the Hasbro 6 inch line, I likely wont get into it.

Yakface has a nice comparison photo:

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2017/11/03/star-wars-toybox-rey-scale-comparison/

Reaction score
I picked up Rey and two FO Stormtroopers so far and they are awesome. If you like animated style and the Disney Infinity look then these figures are a must have. I used to collect CW 3.75, but these Toybox figures I like a lot more. They are made with a hard plastic and have nice articulation. Wished that the Stormtroopers would rotate.
Disney Store gave me a 25% off coupon for the 9-12 that I’m going to use to get the rest of these figures.

Reaction score
I picked up 2 Stormtroopers, Rey, Kylo Ren, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk and I would have gotten Spider-man because he was sitting in the back and was even told that he was back there in a sealed box but they got word the day before to not put Spider-man out but gave no reasons to anyone. I bet it got recalled.

Reaction score
A little bummed about the scale, was hoping these were 4 inch. I already ordered a set, so I guess I'll see how I feel when I have them in hand.

Reaction score
The scale of these figures is really the only thing holding me back from getting these. I may swing by the Disney store today and see them in person.

Reaction score
So I was reading a little bit about the sequel to Wreck-It Ralph that comes out in 2018. In addition to the video game characters and cameos from the first movie...the film is also going to feature all of the Disney Princesses, Iron Man and Gamora from Marvel movies, and C-3PO, R2-D2, Yoda, and Princess Leia from Star Wars. I figure if this line continues to Fall 2018 we will probably get those characters too because of the cross promotion opportunity. They would have to create a 4th category of just "Disney Toybox" as none of the non Marvel or Star Wars fall under Pixar but seriously I am sure they were going to do that anyway eventually if this line last.

Reaction score
These are a little bigger than I had hoped, but they are still very attractive. If they ever do classic trilogy characters I may find them much harder to resist. For now, I'll admire from afar.

Reaction score
Not digging the style or size really, doesn't fit with my Collecting. On the bright side Kylo looks like he'd work for custom of Ronan I've been working on since GOTG Movie.

Reaction score
I love the animated style (really miss Gentle Giant's animated maquettes), but the cost of the shipping on these to Australia will prevent me from pursuing the line seriously.

I've got Kylo Ren on the way just for a taste. OT characters and other Disney properties, like Pirates of the Caribbean or Indiana Jones, might prove more tempting.

Reaction score
Not really getting why scale would be an issue since these are highly stylized anyway. Even if the were 3 3/4 scale, they wouldn't look quite right next to relatively realistic figures at the same size. So it seems appropriate that they are their own scale. They're not meant to be stand alone SW figures anyway.

Reaction score
Not really getting why scale would be an issue since these are highly stylized anyway. Even if the were 3 3/4 scale, they wouldn't look quite right next to relatively realistic figures at the same size. So it seems appropriate that they are their own scale. They're not meant to be stand alone SW figures anyway.
But both the Clone Wars and Rebels figures are all animated and highly stylized figures and they didn't need to be there own scale? They're 3 3/4 scale,

Reaction score
But both the Clone Wars and Rebels figures are all animated and highly stylized figures and they didn't need to be there own scale? They're 3 3/4 scale,
Good point-forgot about that.

Oh well, not personally interested in these particular characters and I think the stylization is more effective for the Marvel characters but, I'm glad they exist and hope they release some OT characters at some point.

Reaction score
I think the people are not referring to the scale difference between these and the Hasbro figures; they are referring to the size difference between these and the Disney Infinity figures that came before as they cannot reasonably be displayed with them as these are much larger.

Reaction score
I loved the animated CW and Rebels lines, and even back in the vintage days we had animated Droids and Ewoks figures, but they were all universal 3.75 scale. If Disney released these in 3.75 scale, which is similar to what the Infinity game pieces are, I feel more collectors would be willing to give them a try. Likewise, if there were a cartoon featuring these characters, in this stylized likeness, kids and collectors would probably be hooked. They could have even done 3.75 Forces of Destiny figures in this line and probably grabbed the attention of more collectors.

Reaction score
Agreed. At least keep it within a scale close to other like minded lines. This 5" scale reminds me of the whole Star Trek debacle of the 90's, where the figures went from 3.75" to 5"! Not to mention the latest one of 2009, where they couldn't even choose a scale. So they went with three! lol

Reaction score
I am definitely only considering characters not done in Infinity. For that I wish they were a little closer to the Infinity size. There wasn't a stormtrooper FO or OT in Infinity, so I want one for my Infinity display, but I guess he'll be in the back so as not to notice too much height difference.

Reaction score
So I caved and picked up Kylo and the Stormtrooper and I must say I really like them, my only problem is my Kylo has 2 left feet...

Reaction score
I like the look of these, and if they made the core OT Characters I would be tempted to get a set. However, I won't buy any before Yoda is announced.

Reaction score
I opened them up over the weekend and am still unsure if I'll continue with them. I really like the Hulk figure and Woody. The balance is kind of bad for a few figures, especially Jessie who couldn't stand on her own.

Reaction score
I'm hoping they make Darth Maul and gen 1 Stormtroopers and sandtroopers. But they probably won't..........

Last edited:
Reaction score
After some more time with the figures they just don't fit with my collection. I'll probably keep the Toy Story ones, but the Marvel & Star Wars ones will need to find a new home.

Reaction score
Just grabbed Luke and Vader the other day! They're so awesome. I can't wait for the rest of the OT crew and, especially, Imperial Stormies

Reaction score
I like these, and I might have picked them up except I want to be sure when they make Han it's a New Hope Version, and not a "Solo" version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
so far I have Vader, Fett, Leia, Luke and Rey. I've passed on Kylo and 1st Order Stormtrooper. I think Leia is my favorite of the bunch so far. they show that Han and Chewie are the next ones to be released... just wonder if they are going to be OT, Solo or ST versions. I'd also love to see the following:

OT Stormtroopers
OT Obi Wan Kenobi
Emperor Palpatine
DS II Luke
Bespin Luke
AOTC Jango Fett

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see these characters make some cameos in the Wreck it Ralph sequel...

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see these characters make some cameos in the Wreck it Ralph sequel...
I was just coming here to post on that exact subject. After seeing the lastest Wreck it Ralph trailer, and seeing Star Wars prominently featured, I noticed the characters in the movie are rendered pretty much the exact same as the Toybox line (and of course, similar to Infinity).

We see First Order Troopers with pauldrons, and I imagine we will at least get a glimpse of other Star Wars characters. We do see a Tie and XWing.

Reaction score
picked up Violet and Elastigirl last week. I'm skipping on the rest of the Incredibles figures for now unless they go on sale again. I was going to finally pull the trigger on Kylo Ren but for some reason I just can't bring myself to yet.. plus I have a feeling that we will eventually see an unmasked version of him somewhere down the line.

Reaction score
so far I have Vader, Fett, Leia, Luke and Rey. I've passed on Kylo and 1st Order Stormtrooper. I think Leia is my favorite of the bunch so far. they show that Han and Chewie are the next ones to be released... just wonder if they are going to be OT, Solo or ST versions. I'd also love to see the following:

OT Stormtroopers
OT Obi Wan Kenobi
Emperor Palpatine
DS II Luke
Bespin Luke
AOTC Jango Fett
I can't really imagine them going too deep beyond the game. Surprised they even released the FO Stormtrooper, because it's not a playable character. Although, if they're going to make figures of the non playable characters, then I hope the OT Stormtrooper is coming.

Reaction score
I picked up Boba Fett today at the Disney Store...my first Toy Box figure. He's pretty awesome, but a little floppy in the hips. Is this typical of these figures? They had tons of Leias. I may pick up Han and Chewie down the road.