Disney Store Park 40th Anniversary Luke and Leia Limited Edition faux Bronze Statue

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread and if there is one I apologize. But I recently picked this up and I will say it's pretty cool. Pics will come later as I'm getting ready for work. Limited to 1250 and looks very awesome. Based on ANH cover of Luke and Leia in a faux bronze finish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
was this bought at the park, or was it for sale on DISNEYSTORE.com?

(EDIT) Looking forward to some pics. :cool:
(EDIT2) - plenty of pics on da 'bay. (mee wantee)
(EDIT3) - Can you measure exactly how high it is (with Lukes saber attached)

Last edited:
Reaction score
They have the statue online as well as at some of their brick and mortar stores. I just went to the mall on my lunch break and bought one
I can't wait to get home and open it. :)

Reaction score
I haven't decided on whether I really want this yet. It looks like a very nice collectible, and is something I' seriously considering.

Reaction score
Some of them have sold on Ebay for below retail price, thus waiting to snipe one up at a lower price is a good possibility. To me, what stroke me the most when I got the statue was its size. It's a bit small to be honest, but nonetheless the faux bronze gives it a classic look that makes it very easy to display anywhere, even if it is somewhere away from the collection area as part of the house decor. The price is high, but we are talking Disney here so, that is sort of expected. It feels more like a $150.00 statue, instead of the $250.00 it costs. It's also light in weight considering it is not made out of Polystone but some sort of resin.

For what it is, I like it, and it is indeed a classic image of early Star Wars designs. Distribution does not seem to be even. I checked all 6 stores within my area, and only one store got them, and just four of them. By the time I got to pick up mine only two were left. Disney stores won't hold any item for you even if you tell them you are on your way to pick it up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah it is a bit high, but maybe because it's a limited edition. It commands a higher price. If it was $150, I wouldn't hesitate. But $250 is a hard pill to swallow.

Reaction score
yeah it is a bit high, but maybe because it's a limited edition. It commands a higher price. If it was $150, I wouldn't hesitate. But $250 is a hard pill to swallow.
I'm sure that is also a factor driving its price tag up. I can understand the high price could be a stopper, and I don't blame you or anyone not wanting to get one for that reason. The good thing I noticed about purchasing it from their website, is that if you apply for their card and use it to buy the statue as your first purchase, you'll get $100.00 off, and shipping is free when entering the code they have posted. I think it comes up to around $162.00 all together.

Reaction score
The real kicker is this statue only cost $155 retail at the parks. Did Di$ney really have to raise the price almost $100?

The original photo of the product box on DisneyStore.com showed a $199.95 US price over the barcode (which they've since removed). Even that was a significant mark-up vs. the park price, but it seems they decided to push for more at the last minute. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I did not know that. Thank you for posting. I'm heading to Disney World on the weekend, and if I find it there, I'll buy it at the lower price and will return the one I've just paid more for.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think I'm going o play the waiting game on this one, and hope I can get it much cheaper. If it were a sideshow statue and in color, I'd be more inclined to buy it at that higher price. But I'm not rally big into pewter or that style to over pay that much.

Reaction score
I think I'm going o play the waiting game on this one, and hope I can get it much cheaper. If it were a sideshow statue and in color, I'd be more inclined to buy it at that higher price. But I'm not rally big into pewter or that style to over pay that much.
I can understand if you want to wait it out since the piece isn't of that much importance to you, and indeed, chances are you'll end up getting a good deal from Ebay at some point. To me it was important to get it right away, as I'm a McQuarrie and early Star Wars designs collector. Considering the expenses to get to the park to buy it there for $150.00, it comes up to be a bit less expensive to buy it from the Disney Store, especially for those not being in Florida or California. That said, I'll try to look for it at the park next week when I go with my family, and see if they have it. I take the four hour drive from Miami to Orlando four or five times a year so the visit was already planned. I'll add some detailed pictures of the statue to this thread later.Here is a poster-like image I worked on...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did anyone order one of these on-line at the Disney Store (at the $250 pricepoint) *AND* pay with PayPal? Did you see anything weird on your PayPal statement?

More generally, did anyone get a PRICE ADJUSTMENT on this figure?

I paid the full price (250), but noticed that the figure wasn't shipping, even though the order sat for more than a week. So I called and
asked why it hadn't shipped. After a LONG time on hold, they said it was going out asap. Then, 2 hrs later I see on my PayPal page, roughly $100
get CREDITED back from DISNEY. (Actually, the original transaction DISAPPEARED, and a NEW transaction - for $79 less, REAPPEARED)

Did anyone call to complain about the on-line price ($250)-vs- at-park price ($150) discrepancy?? If you did, I think I owe you a beer. :cool:

THANK YOU !

-Wolf

Reaction score
For anyone interested, I'm selling a brand new one of these for $180.00 shipped within 24 hours after payment gets received, with tracking.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just noticed these are no longer available thru the online site. Anyone still seeing them at the parks? I think they've come and gone.

Reaction score
Yeah, they were very limited. Divide 1250 between all the shops, and that doesn't leave much. Especially if several are bout by one person to resell on ebay for higher.

Reaction score
*Since Photobucket.com, the "free" image hosting website I've been using for the last 12 years to host my pictures for this website has changed image policy without previous notice and now wants $400.00 a year for a subscription to host images, and since they have blocked the view of over 1,000 pictures I've done for this site, I've chosen a different image hosting site and I'm re-posting my latest image additions in an effort to have the images recorded for reference. Thank you for your understanding

Detailed pictures (picture review) ...

Great pics. Thanks
You're welcome, and thank you for your kind comment.

Last edited: