Disney: Star wars train ain't stopping anytime soon.

Reaction score
laugh out loud

probably two fat, angry white guys going from 6 to 12 because Solo didn't do well.
Now I see why Vicarious_Steve and DarkManX agree on everything...

...they are both racists.

Reaction score
OMG, this was an enjoyable thread until the childish infighting and political/racial butt hurt crap. Can we get BTT and quit the petty bickering, please!

Yes, I heard the rumor mill say it was all just a rumor and that the "A Star Wars Story" movies are still a go. Go figure!

Just as someone else said a while back I had hoped and wished that Disney would have followed along with the existing EU storyline and made the Zahn trilogy into the ST movies. To me that would have been awesome as it was a great trilogy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the Thrawn trillogy but they would make awful films. Way too much exposition and way to long. Not to mention all of the stuff that contradicts the clone wars and everything else.

Reaction score
I love the Thrawn trillogy but they would make awful films. Way too much exposition and way to long. Not to mention all of the stuff that contradicts the clone wars and everything else.
That is true, but I think that's where Lucasfilm went wrong deviating from the Thrawn trilogy in the first place. That's just my opinion though.

I was really glad that they at least brought Thrawn back into the Rebels series as he was one of my favorite characters!

I also liked the Jedi Academy trilogy as well with Admiral D'ala. That was another great storyline that we could never have anymore because now Han is dead.

Reaction score
I don't get the racial vibe from Earl Simmons at all. Frankly he comes across as one of the more rational and funny Scummers.

Honestly I didn't really get a racist vibe from Vicarious_Troll either. Dense, illogical, argumentative, irrational? Yea all of those. But not really racist.

Reaction score
That is true, but I think that's where Lucasfilm went wrong deviating from the Thrawn trilogy in the first place. That's just my opinion though.

I was really glad that they at least brought Thrawn back into the Rebels series as he was one of my favorite characters!

I also liked the Jedi Academy trilogy as well with Admiral D'ala. That was another great storyline that we could never have anymore because now Han is dead.

but Lucas deviated from the Thrawn Trilogy when he made the Prequels. Making the Clone Wars about clones of Jango Fett vs the Robot army completely changes the entire story of Clone Luuke Skywalker and Jories Sayboth.

GNT

Reaction score
Let's leave all this racist/Mexican stuff out of this thread please. It really has no place here.

Reaction score
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
it is in context
No, it isn't. If you want to relitigate this, go to the original thread, it is still open. Don't derail yet another thread with this nonsense.

saying anyone from a particular nationality living in another country is here illegally is racist.
No, it isn't, because it had nothing to do with race. If someone is here illegally it has to do with nationality and laws.

You outed yourself deal with it.
Again, the first thread you derailed with this nonsense is still open. Go there if you want to relitigate that discussion. Don't ruin another thread with your nonsense.

Reaction score
saying white is racist?
only white people can say it. :p

(no seriously: it's not the word itself, it's the fact that you singled out a vast group of people based on skin color and assigned a stereotypical action to this group -- you CLEARLY see humanity in terms of "color groups" -- and this IS "Racist").

(hint: there's only one race, the human race. we are the same. next time reference 'tall people' or 'short people', not 'white people', because this reveals what you see in your mind -- keep your prejudice to yourself, and nobody will suspect you are Racist).

(seriously dude: you just made a derogatory joke about white people, and you DON"T know why it's racist..? c'mon. what if somebody made a derogatory joke about black people? would you be OK with that? sheesh. MLK is rolling in his grave right now).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let's leave all this racist/Mexican stuff out of this thread please. It really has no place here.
sorry my bad. I saw this later. consider me "warned".

(in my defense, I was speaking out against it. jokes like that shouldn't go unanswered). cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So getting this thread back on topic after it was derailed by Jeremiah looks like the unannounced Fett movie is still going to be made.

Course this is just a rumor but of course the existence of it was a rumor in the first place.

Star wars train is still moving on

Reaction score
So getting this thread back on topic after it was derailed by Jeremiah looks like the unannounced Fett movie is still going to be made.

Course this is just a rumor but of course the existence of it was a rumor in the first place.

Star wars train is still moving on

Source?

Probably not...

Reaction score
Fixed it for you.
....you derailed the thread when you tried to claim Darkman made a racist joke.

Now you are derailing it again. So I will once again try to put it back on topic.

Please respect the mods wish to stop bringing up racism. This is the thrird time you have done it since he said stop it

So here is another rumor saying yesterday's rumor about the rumored movies is wrong
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-spin-off-films-arent-on-hold/1100-6459966/

Reaction score
He did, and neither his response nor mine had anything to do with you, so why did you respond?

Now you are derailing it again. So I will once again try to put it back on topic.
If you don't want this topic derailed anymore, you can stop bringing my name up. I will respond every time, so the best thing you can do if you don't want to derail things anymore is keep my name out of your mouth.

Please respect the mods wish to stop bringing up racism. This is the thrird time you have done it since he said stop it.
You spelled 'third' wrong, and no it isn't. The request was to stop talking about Mexicans/racism, which YOU brought up, not me. If you want to get things on track, you can start by leaving my name out of your mouth. Your pathetic attempt to get the last word in isn't going to fly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
that's because he did make a racist joke.

Please respect the mods wish to stop bringing up racism.
there's a difference between 'bringing up racism' and "calling out racism".

Jeremiah didn't bring it up. he called it out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well this thread is going to be locked due to some people incapable of staying on topic and respecting the mods wishes.

So I will make another attempt with out saying their names sicne that triggers them

Hothhan.

It was written before the other article you are right but the second article I posted was written today.

Point is rumors about rumors about rumored movies isn't exactly a science.

Now if they announced they were canceling Rian Johnson's trilogy or the GoT guys series of movies then I would be concerned.

Fixed colbalt

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kathleen Kennedy is out and Johnson soon with her...then on to good movies again (insert Ewok celebration here)!
I'd watch a 2-hour Ewok Celebration movie over anything Rian Johnson put out at this point.

Reaction score
Long story short. The Last Jedi was so bad that it killed any enthusiasm that we had for the Sequel Trilogy. I saw TLJ once, and immediately lost any interest in Ep9. There is nothing left to conclude as far as I'm concerned. Luke is gone, Snoke is gone. Are we supposed to worry about Kylo and Rey? With Carried deceased, even Leia's role is pretty much evaporated.

Having completely ruined a SW trilogy and dismissed its critics outright, any hype for Solo failed to materialized. I saw Solo and liked it. I even think that RO was one of the better SW movies and that they had pretty much 'nailed' it with that one. I think its funny when they blame hits like Infinity war to taking a bite into Solo. If anything, big hits bring people out of the house and into the theaters. I can see more than one movie in a month, and if one of them is a SW movie that I want to see, it will happen.

Reaction score
Okay, since we've all been warned and are done with erroneous discussions that have nothing to do with the moving Train.

What do people think is the ONE Movie they will focus on next after EP9? Will it be the rumored Fett, Obi-Wan, or something unknown?
And if they do decide to go with either of those two, and it does not perform well. Is it the end of OT based Spin-offs?

Reaction score
For me it's spin offs or nothing at this point. After TLJ I have absolutely NO interest in 9. I'd love for JJ to somehow clean up the mess left for him but I don't think it's possible.

TFA laid a solid foundation for the rest of the new Trilogy.

Rogue One was a fantastic Star Wars film that sits right up there with ESB.

TLJ was just an absolute abomination.

Solo was a fun film that felt right at home in the Star Wars universe.

Reaction score
Okay, since we've all been warned and are done with erroneous discussions that have nothing to do with the moving Train.

What do people think is the ONE Movie they will focus on next after EP9? Will it be the rumored Fett, Obi-Wan, or something unknown?
And if they do decide to go with either of those two, and it does not perform well. Is it the end of OT based Spin-offs?
Honestly, I think Disney would have much more success if they moved away from the OT altogether. I don't think the quality of the films would be any better, but at least they would no longer be tainting the OT in the minds of the purists. With the flop of Solo, hopefully it will hasten Disney's move away from OT characters, if not the OT time period.

Reaction score

well we know they are working on more then one movie.

We have announced the Rian Johnson Trillogy and the GoT guys movies all moving forward. The only thing we have is a rumor about rumored movies.

Will we get a new Star Wars movie in 2019? not sure. We don't even know if there was originally going to be on released in 2020.

There is still barely enough time to get one out in December of 2020. But i would expecting one in 2021.

Reaction score
Will we get a new Star Wars movie in 2019? not sure. We don't even know if there was originally going to be on released in 2020.

There is still barely enough time to get one out in December of 2020. But i would expecting one in 2021.
I'm pretty sure we WILL get a new Star Wars movie in 2019...it will be called "Episode IX."

Reaction score
So did they officially back away from one per year? 2019 EP9, 2020 was supposed to be Either Boba Fett or Obi-Wan. Though it could have been something not rumored, and been a total surprise to us all. Doubtful though with internet today. Leaving the rest on hold.

Will they now move that Title to 2021 to give it more treatment, then space them out every couple years instead?

I agree that a move away from OT is need, and that maybe Disney learnt this with Solo. Or at least not to make all spin-offs about the OT, that's my complaint.

Reaction score
So did they officially back away from one per year? 2019 EP9, 2020 was supposed to be Either Boba Fett or Obi-Wan. Though it could have been something not rumored, and been a total surprise to us all. Doubtful though with internet today. Leaving the rest on hold.

Will they now move that Title to 2021 to give it more treatment, then space them out every couple years instead?

I agree that a move away from OT is need, and that maybe Disney learnt this with Solo. Or at least not to make all spin-offs about the OT, that's my complaint.
there hasn't been any official announcement on backing away from 1 a year... of course there was never any official announcement for any set dates after Ep9 in the first place.

We know they have officially announced there would be new movies by Rian Johnson and the GoT guys but no announcement on when they will be.

So it's entirely possible they never intended to do a new movie in 2020, it's unlikely but not impossible.

Reaction score

I think they could even stay in the OT time period, just explore new characters in different parts of the galaxy, and don't contradict the OT canon like Rebels did by introducing a bunch of force-using protagonists and antagonists.

Tertiary OT characters could be used sparingly or mentioned in passing, like Jabba or Greedo. Just don't turn them into crybabies who literally suck on milk bottles.