Disney Star Wars Park Experiences

Reaction score
Trying to get a group of 4 maybe 5 for Starcruiser if anyone is down. I have 3 now just need 1-2 more. Figure the diehards would consider. Not creepy I promise!

Reaction score
Found Ahsoka, Echo, Offworld Jawa, and Maul at Disney World this weekend - at the gift shop connected to Mission Space in EPCOT. Just an FYI

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also rode Star Tours before I left today. Man no wait at all. Wonder what they can do to revitalize it? Even though it was redone about a decade ago or so and then with updates. I love the ride but would love for them to fit it in but I guess with the immersion with GE it doesn’t.

Star Tours is a complete cluster**** right now since it hops from different times without any rhyme or reason.

And it's not Disney's fault for adding in ST scenes, it was designed that way by Lucas himself, who insisted the ride was set between ROTS and ANH and yet includes Clone Wars battles, a TPM battle scene, Hoth from ESB and more utterly random elements.

It makes no damn sense.

I think they should group the ride options into PT, OT and ST versions. Keep the timelines clean, but it would still be random as to which version you got when you rode.

It's also criminal that they didn't add a Rogue One Battle of Scarif scene since that sequence cries out for Star Tours whereas the battle of crait just doesn't work. Poe literally says, "well take it from here!", but, of course, in the movie, that's not remotely what happens. I know there's a TROS scene, but I haven't seen it and I'm sure it's even dumber.

Whew. End of rant.

Reactions: pod
Reaction score
Trying to get a group of 4 maybe 5 for Starcruiser if anyone is down. I have 3 now just need 1-2 more. Figure the diehards would consider. Not creepy I promise!

Fun! think getting a group of adults together to share a Galaxy suite is the way to go! Makes it a party and cuts down on the price. I'm eyeing 2023 at the earliest myself. Good luck!

Reaction score
The one time I got to ride it last month it had all ST stuff - TROS and Crait. The TROS stop was actually really cool.

Just looked it up. Apparently, there are TWO TROS scenes?

They need to create some more OT content, it now heavily skews PT and ST with barely any OT stuff at all, except Hoth, even though it's supposedly set during the Imperial era, hence appearances by Akbar, Leia, etc, and the whole "rebel spy" storyline.

Reaction score
Star Tours is a complete cluster**** right now since it hops from different times without any rhyme or reason.

And it's not Disney's fault for adding in ST scenes, it was designed that way by Lucas himself, who insisted the ride was set between ROTS and ANH and yet includes Clone Wars battles, a TPM battle scene, Hoth from ESB and more utterly random elements.

It makes no damn sense.

I think they should group the ride options into PT, OT and ST versions. Keep the timelines clean, but it would still be random as to which version you got when you rode.

It's also criminal that they didn't add a Rogue One Battle of Scarif scene since that sequence cries out for Star Tours whereas the battle of crait just doesn't work. Poe literally says, "well take it from here!", but, of course, in the movie, that's not remotely what happens. I know there's a TROS scene, but I haven't seen it and I'm sure it's even dumber.

Whew. End of rant.
It was amazing as the only SW experience in the park, but with GE they should reimagine that area to incorporate Star Tours, though you’d prob have to get rid of Muppets. Maybe as a way for visitors to Batuu to get there. Like you’re boarding a transport and somehow the trip goes wonky and you travel to several destinations etc before finally landing there.

Reaction score
It was amazing as the only SW experience in the park, but with GE they should reimagine that area to incorporate Star Tours, though you’d prob have to get rid of Muppets. Maybe as a way for visitors to Batuu to get there. Like you’re boarding a transport and somehow the trip goes wonky and you travel to several destinations etc before finally landing there.
It really is too bad they couldn't have incorporated the exit from Star Tours as a way to enter Batuu. If you look at a map, from the Tatooine Traders exit to the tunnel leading into Galaxy's Edge, it's only about 350 ft. From the back of Star Tours to the back of GE it's just over 500 ft. In that space is the Muppets theater and Pizza Rizzo. While I'd hate to see the Muppets not have any presence in the parks... I feel like they could have moved them to the old Animation Building / Launch Bay pretty easily. Do some real puppetry back there instead of a cheesy 3D movie. Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I booked a trip to Disney World for the week before and partially the week of Christmas. It’s the only time we could both have off and go. It will be her first time at a Disney park, and she is very nervous, given the requirement to make reservations for every other thing now

We didn’t book at the cantina, but have checked many times to see if something opens up or not.

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I booked a trip to Disney World for the week before and partially the week of Christmas. It’s the only time we could both have off and go. It will be her first time at a Disney park, and she is very nervous, given the requirement to make reservations for every other thing now

We didn’t book at the cantina, but have checked many times to see if something opens up or not.
I've been there a lot, so if you have any questions, I can try to help :)

Reaction score

If you don't want to check daily for cancelations, availability you can sign up for alerts on mousedining.com
first six email alerts are free otherwise its $9 a month for up to 50 text alerts
Also you can head straight to Oga's when you get there and see if you can get put on the waitlist but seeing that you will be going during one of the busiest time of the year, mousedining may be your best option if you want to secure a spot

Reaction score
I'm not sure about WDW, but we went to Oga's at DL first thing, like at 9am, and it was like a 10-min wait to get in. No waitlist, no reservation. Just be prepared for morning cocktails. :)

Reaction score
I'm not sure about WDW, but we went to Oga's at DL first thing, like at 9am, and it was like a 10-min wait to get in. No waitlist, no reservation. Just be prepared for morning cocktails. :)
If the lead up to this trip has been any indication, I’m fully prepared for morning cocktails.

Reaction score
Hitting up the park proper at Disneyland in a few weeks. Was thinking of doing Savi's Workshop this time, but the day we can go is already booked up. From people's experience, do spots open up as the day approaches or on the date itself? It's not a huge thing, but was wondering if I should keep checking in or if I'll just have to wait til next time.

Reaction score
Reaction score
That's truly a nice looking Hilt, but $375 for just the hilt is a bit pricy for me. i whished that I could have gotten an order in for the regular version a while back.

Reaction score
I almost ordered it, but the upcoming vacation to Disney is just costing too much, so I had to pass.

Reaction score
Just going to put out there that Genie+ didn't excite us much, at least on this trip. We went this last weekend and decided to try it. We did get to use Lightning lane 3 times during the day and skip lines at Hollywood Studios for Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, and then we jumped to Animal Kingdom and used it for Dinosaur ... but that was it. I KNOW.... that sounds decent but when you are used to getting 6-8 fast passes a day for free, this just didn't seem great for the $60+ extra we had to pay. *we might have been able to get on more if we had used it for rides that typically have little wait... but does that make sense to you? pay $60 to skip a 10 minute line? We skipped 70 min at ToT, 55 min at TS Mania, and I think it was 25 min for Dinosaur but wait times for everything at Animal Kingdom were down later in the day.

Now, we go a lot, but lines were rather long and we didn't end up going on either Galaxy's Edge ride, Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog, or Avatar Flight of Passage (60 min minimum all day). Those are some of the biggest rides at the 2 parks we visited that day... some of which require a separate purchase for just the one ride.... which just seems like robbery to me.

We did ride a lot of other stuff, so I'm not complaining about the day: beyond the 3 LL rides we got on: Rock n Roller Coaster (single rider - got lucky at about 15 min for all 4 of us), Star Tours, watched Beauty and the Beast, got into Oga's Cantina *wait-list, THEN ANIMAL KINGDOM: Safari, Everest (waited 25 min late in the day for that one), Dinosaur, Na'vi River, Lion King, and played in the boneyard for a few minutes.

Excellent day, but Genie+ was maybe baaaarrreely worth it to not have to stand in a couple lines. Miss Fast Pass a lot.

Reaction score
Also, I didn't see the Holiday Droids anywhere. The 4 pack and R5-D33R were a no show at the 2 parks I visited. I got mine on shopdisney.com, but expected to see them there and did not.

Reaction score
We went to Animal Kingdom last Saturday and used Genie+. My friend did all the selecting for us, and I'm assuming he bought Flight of Passage. We also LL'd Dinosaur and Navi River, and single ridered Everest. We were only there about 4 hours so didn't get to do much more. I agree that I'm not sure the tradeoff from planning out your vacation 3 months ahead of time for scrambling every morning at 7am is a good one. I feel like there could be a middle ground for those that are planning a late afternoon / evening at the park BECAUSE they don't want to get up at the crack of dawn. Give something that allows you to make some plans in advance.

I was surprised they still used magic bands. I'm glad I brought mine from almost 3 years ago, and it still worked!

Reaction score
I am typically awake until 2-3am, so I am absolutely dreading waking up for any of this when we go.

Reaction score
The recent videos on the Starcruiser look....significantly less than impressive. I feel much less enthused about this endeavor. More as this story develops....

Reaction score
The recent videos on the Starcruiser look....significantly less than impressive. I feel much less enthused about this endeavor. More as this story develops....
The Starcruiser was described to me as an actual 'Cruise' type vacation. If you've ever taken a cruise, you can be as involved as you want to be. You can veg by the pool all day OR you can go on shipwide scavenger hunts, tour the bridge, taste all the food, take dance classes, go to shows, and find interesting things to do on excursions. I think all of this themed in Star Wars sounds awesome.

Reaction score
The Starcruiser was described to me as an actual 'Cruise' type vacation. If you've ever taken a cruise, you can be as involved as you want to be. You can veg by the pool all day OR you can go on shipwide scavenger hunts, tour the bridge, taste all the food, take dance classes, go to shows, and find interesting things to do on excursions. I think all of this themed in Star Wars sounds awesome.

I understand the point of it, but that has nothing to do with the fact that it looks cheap and lame.