Disney Star Wars Park Experiences

Reaction score
Eh, I prefer Tower of Terror. The theming is so much more interesting to me.

as much as I love the Guardians movies and Marvel in general, I was resistant to the change at DCA and am resistant to a lot of ride changes at Disney parks in general, but Guardians quickly has become one of my favorite rides. Such a different experience that either version of ToT. So much fun with a full gantry lift, fun at night, fun when they change it to Monsters After Dark. We are headed to DLR in a few weeks and I am looking forward to riding all of my favorites. Haven't been to my "home" park since Feb 2020 and this will be the first visit that I haven't been an Annual Passholder since 2018 so I am going to take it all in and enjoy

Reaction score
as much as I love the Guardians movies and Marvel in general, I was resistant to the change at DCA and am resistant to a lot of ride changes at Disney parks in general, but Guardians quickly has become one of my favorite rides. Such a different experience that either version of ToT. So much fun with a full gantry lift, fun at night, fun when they change it to Monsters After Dark. We are headed to DLR in a few weeks and I am looking forward to riding all of my favorites. Haven't been to my "home" park since Feb 2020 and this will be the first visit that I haven't been an Annual Passholder since 2018 so I am going to take it all in and enjoy

Well, have fun. My pre-pandemic habit was to go to DLR roughly once a year, which was more than satisfactory. Now since I was focused so much on GE and AC, I feel like I need to go again asap just to get to enjoy the "usual" Disney offerings that I mostly skipped.

Reaction score
That price is really hard. I could do up to $3k I think, but $5k for two people is brutal.

I'm waging a personal war against Bob Chapek, yet this is one of the few truly exciting moves allowed out of WDI lately, so I'm deeply conflicted.

Reaction score
I’m getting a group of 4. Trying to go opening weekend. Stoked.

Reaction score
Looking at the itinerary, combined with the price, I will settle for a full week with parkhopper and photo pass, as well as a haul of G.E. sabers.

Reaction score
That pricing is already a non starter for me, the encompassing experience being sequel trilogy at those prices is a strong no.
Pretty much my feeling on it, I mean if it were more OT/Mando era maybe, but I have zero interest in FO era. The price is certainly a lot for what some might call "Mandatory fun", with what seems to be no free time. And personally I've never been one for "specific by the book itinerary" such as what one would experience in boot camp or rehab. Plus the fact I have no real interest in several of their activities such as learning/playing Sabacc. Adding to that is the fact I'm a solo traveler so another "experience" where I'm paying double, which is why I also don't cruise much. Not to mention all of it packed into 2 nights makes it feel really cramped, a feeling if get them in get them out as quickly as possible cash grab.

That said, it does look to be like it could become a fun immersive experience once it has time to work out the kinks, and then it could truly be an experience!

The pricing could be due to the fact that they scaled this back by half from whet it was originally, so the revenue has to be made up somewhere. Cut 50% of the rooms means raising priced by 50%, or reducing the stay and raising the price by 25%. Perhaps if this takes off and is a major success we'll see an expansion with possible longer stays and a tad more freedom to roam. IDK, I find myself not as large crowd friendly as I once was at 25 and even then I wasn't that fond of them.

Although maybe the higher prices are a way to ward off a lot of people in another attempt to keep crowds low? It's no secret that with some of these new moves that Disney had made that they are definitely not targeting "everybody" the way they used to, and for some it's already a big ask to get them to pay to travel several states over to experience the park.

Reaction score
Maybe they will put Galactic Starcruiser cabins on a Disney ship , then charge the same price, but, how could that be if you only get 2 nights worth? -just a silly idea.

Reaction score
Group of four makes it $1500 a head. Not including airfare. Reasonable tbh.

I really think this experience is for adults, not families. I don't think kids would really get much out of the idea of 2 days worth of "immersive" role-play style entertainment.

Everyone has been screaming, "$6k for a family! Outrageous!" And they're not wrong. $6000 for one family to shell out IS a lot.

But if you get a group of four adults, each paying $1500 and it's not that bad.

Even the smallest room can sleep 5. The largest room can sleep 8. Disney expects people to cram in as many people as possible into the rooms and the more you cram, the lower your price.

My advice: get a small group of friends for this who are super into SW and leave the kids at home.

Reaction score
I love Star Wars and the wife and I go to Disney every year, being DVC members.

This is a hard no from me.

If the price was cut by 60 percent....if the in-universe experience was based in the OT or PT and not the ST....if the food wasn't the same foo-foo food junk they serve in GE....then it gets a maybe from me. For those prices, I need to get LeCellier-style steaks and Top of the World-quality breakfasts every day, for starters.

$4908 equals almost 5 months' of our mortgage. And whoever decided publishing that sample itinerary without a bunch of disclaimers should get a reduction in rank and pay. Based on that itinerary, you get 8 hours' worth of stuff on day one, an entire second day, then you're done with the experience after breakfast on "day three."

It's a shame because I've been following the progress of this project since the day it was announced.

A huge, huge swing and miss by the Mouse.

Reaction score
I love Star Wars and the wife and I go to Disney every year, being DVC members.

This is a hard no from me.

If the price was cut by 60 percent....if the in-universe experience was based in the OT or PT and not the ST....if the food wasn't the same foo-foo food junk they serve in GE....then it gets a maybe from me. For those prices, I need to get LeCellier-style steaks and Top of the World-quality breakfasts every day, for starters.

What the hell are you talking about? No specifics about the food have been released, but it will undoubtedly be great. It's not Galaxy's Edge food, now you're just inventing things to complain about.

Disney can do amazing dining when they want to (as you should know, given your yearly trips) and this is going to be a high-end experience with quality dining (among other things.) It isn't going to be "space chicken fingers with Jedi sauce."

And whoever decided publishing that sample itinerary without a bunch of disclaimers should get a reduction in rank and pay. Based on that itinerary, you get 8 hours' worth of stuff on day one, an entire second day, then you're done with the experience after breakfast on "day three.

What does this even mean? The itinerary was very clear about how long the experience would last and the kinds of things it would include. No "disclaimers" required.

A huge, huge swing and miss by the Mouse.

Cool. Less cranks to be around when I go.

Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? No specifics about the food have been released, but it will undoubtedly be great. It's not Galaxy's Edge food, now you're just inventing things to complain about.

Disney can do amazing dining when they want to (as you should know, given your yearly trips) and this is going to be a high-end experience with quality dining (among other things.) It isn't going to be "space chicken fingers with Jedi sauce."

What does this even mean? The itinerary was very clear about how long the experience would last and the kinds of things it would include. No "disclaimers" required.

Cool. Less cranks to be around when I go.

Food specifics, which I read up on before I posted can be seen here.
https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/photos-first-look-at-food-coming-to-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/
Looks very similar in style and quantity to what GE serves. So I wasn't inventing something to complain about. I saw official photos, compared them to what I knew was already being served in GE and formed an opinion.
Space chicken fingers with Jedi sauce would actually be perfect, if this was truly catered towards families.

Oh, and the itinerary? Allow me to explain.
The way it was presented, plenty of people who have discussed it questioned the flexibility of the listed itinerary. From a PR standpoint, all Disney had to do was slap a disclaimer of "this is what you could do during your stay on the Galactic Starcruiser" and people would have reacted more positively. By just listing an itinerary, it gives the impression that guests are locked into this exact schedule over the course of their stay, which is antithesis to the schedule flexibility guests enjoy on cruises, which this is comparable to.

Look I am glad you're excited about staying on the starcruiser. I do not wish to detract from anyone's anticipation or experience. But I cannot see this operation through any prism other than the associated cost. If you can afford it, great. Awesome. Good for you. This exists far outside the price range of a lot of people who I'm sure would love to have this experience. And given that, evaluating what guests get for the cost, my opinion is twofold: Disney badly misread the audience with respect to the pricing, and I don't believe I get appropriate time and money value by visiting the starcruiser.

Very truly yours,
Crank #1

Reaction score

Food specifics, which I read up on before I posted can be seen here.
https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/photos-first-look-at-food-coming-to-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/
Looks very similar in style and quantity to what GE serves. So I wasn't inventing something to complain about. I saw official photos, compared them to what I knew was already being served in GE and formed an opinion.
Space chicken fingers with Jedi sauce would actually be perfect, if this was truly catered towards families.

Yeah, those aren't really "details." A few pictures, but a lot of vague talk that's extremely light on specifics.

The pics don't really resemble anything at GE, but if you want to draw conclusions based on them and assume that this extremely pricey experience is going to serve you the equivalent of Disney Park's "quick serve" style-restaurants, then go for it. But you'd be wrong.

Oh, and the itinerary? Allow me to explain.
The way it was presented, plenty of people who have discussed it questioned the flexibility of the listed itinerary. From a PR standpoint, all Disney had to do was slap a disclaimer of "this is what you could do during your stay on the Galactic Starcruiser" and people would have reacted more positively. By just listing an itinerary, it gives the impression that guests are locked into this exact schedule over the course of their stay, which is antithesis to the schedule flexibility guests enjoy on cruises, which this is comparable to.

Okay, so this is another "flaw" based entirely on you misreading what Disney has put out. What you're suggesting is quite literally what they did.

Let me quote the very top of the page where the itinerary is listed. What are the VERY first words:

SAMPLE ITINERARY

And what does it say down below:

"Here's an example of what an itinerary MAY BE LIKE" (emphasis mine.)

Sounds like a "disclaimer" to me.

Come on now.....

A few things. Obviously, that can't be the fixed itinerary. The place isn't going to be open until next year. Many things will happen before it opens, many things will undoubtedly be revised on the fly.

While the hotel is small, it still has 100 rooms. There's literally no way everyone could do all the same events at the exact same time.

And now look at the schedule times. The "events" are spaced out in increments of 30 minutes. There's obviously NO WAY every event is going to be that small and that short and there's also no way you could possibly do every single thing on that list unless you spent 50% of your time literally running through the corridors of the hotel to get to the next experience.

Hmm...It's almost as if the itinerary was supposed to be just a "sample!"

Look I am glad you're excited about staying on the starcruiser. I do not wish to detract from anyone's anticipation or experience. But I cannot see this operation through any prism other than the associated cost. If you can afford it, great. Awesome. Good for you. This exists far outside the price range of a lot of people who I'm sure would love to have this experience. And given that, evaluating what guests get for the cost, my opinion is twofold: Disney badly misread the audience with respect to the pricing, and I don't believe I get appropriate time and money value by visiting the starcruiser.

Very truly yours,
Crank #1
Look, is this an expensive experience? Hell yeah it is. Of course. Are some people going to simply not be able to afford it. Of course. And that's certainly unfortunate.

I do think you're wrong when you said Disney "misjudged" this, though. Disney's market research is second to none in the world. Have they made blunders, even colossal ones, in the theme park business over the decades? Sure. But I think there will still be a huge demand for this and that it will do gangbusters business for at least a couple of years.

Are some people upset about the price? Yeah. Are some people upset because they can't afford to go. Certainly. There are still plenty of people who can and will go.

Personally, I think this experience is a terrible idea for families for numerous reasons. One is that price tag. $6K and up for a family of four truly is a huge cost for a short experience. In the world of family vacations, you could obviously spend your money much more efficiently. More than that, I think kids (especially young kids) really won't get the most out of the experience. I think they lack the attention span to really enjoy the immersive aspects of it and could easily get bored and restless.

I think the ideal patron is a small group of adults. The cheapest room actually sleeps 5, the biggest room, 8. Get some of your nerdiest friends together and share a room. Disney obviously expects that, otherwise they wouldn't have designed the rooms that way. You do that, then the price isn't a crazy $6,000 but a very reasonable $1500 per person (maybe less!) Considering that includes loding, meals, a ticket to DHS and an utterly unique entertainment experience you can't do anywhere else, to me that actually sounds....reasonable? But, as always, YMMV.

There are obviously an infinite number of amazing things you can do for the same (or less) money. If you have no interest in this, by all means, go find your bliss elsewhere and be happy!

Bon Voyage!

Sincerely,
Crank #2

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am hoping they really amp up the experience from the get go. I won't be able to afford it, but with the prices so high I am hoping they don't have to cut corners like they did with GE. Lot's of concept atmosphere, characters, entertainment etc were absent from the park upon opening, or dumbed down. If they do the Cruiser up right, maybe all the extras will trickle down to Galaxy's Edge and they can start adding more stuff there. It's a nice playground to try over the top things and figure how to make them viable for the day to day masses.

Reaction score
i had been looking at trying to get the lightsaber from savi's. the 220 is reasonable, but on ebay they are charging 350+. i can't or wont pay that much.
i wish they would make it available online.

Reaction score
Honestly, Disney parks in general are getting way too focused on high rollers with just about everything they do now days. So this isn't really a surprise, especially on something that is going to be very unique experience. The one thing it does have going for it is a guaranteed ride on resistance because anymore there isn't one by just paying admission like it used to be. And with the invention of this new fast pass service "Genie" we're going to see a lot of people left in the dust never getting to ride it. In addition to becoming more and more complicated to try and book a long distance trip there.

Reaction score
Honestly, Disney parks in general are getting way too focused on high rollers with just about everything they do now days. So this isn't really a surprise, especially on something that is going to be very unique experience. The one thing it does have going for it is a guaranteed ride on resistance because anymore there isn't one by just paying admission like it used to be. And with the invention of this new fast pass service "Genie" we're going to see a lot of people left in the dust never getting to ride it. In addition to becoming more and more complicated to try and book a long distance trip there.

Well, they recently got rid of the boarding groups for "Rise" in Florida, so at least you're not taking a gamble anymore and/or being forced to pay the upcharge to guarantee a ride. Apparently lines have been reasonable so far....

Reaction score
Well, it's official, folks. Bookings open up in late October for the Starcruiser with a launch date of March, 2022.

Start selling your blood.....

Reaction score
They still have the virtual queue at Disneyland, but after a stressful first try, it was relatively easy to get into once I figured it out.

I think the virtual queue does have its advantages, but I think getting rid of it at WDW was the right thing to do. I'm kind of amazed they did just before G+ since certainly people paying for a fastpass for it to avoid the uncertainty of the virtual queue was going to happen a lot.

But I'm glad it's standby at WDW. I do understand that it is at least theoretically possible that you could travel to WDW from a great distance for a once-in-a-lifetime trip and run the risk of not getting to ride the ride. Especially now that you have to pre-plan and reserve which park you're going to be in on which day, there was a definite risk of simply missing out on ROTR if you missed getting a boarding group on that day.

But Disneyland is a "locals" park. It's much less a destination vacation where you're going to travel from far away to go for that once-in-a-lifetime trip (though many obviously still do.) For most DLR guests, though, if you miss ROTR once, you'll be back soon and will get it next time.

Reaction score
Be sure to check the water fountain just inside the marketplace on the ROTR side. Hold that water down for a bit for a fun surprise. The Aurabesh on that sign is fun too if you can read it.

Reaction score
Also rode Star Tours before I left today. Man no wait at all. Wonder what they can do to revitalize it? Even though it was redone about a decade ago or so and then with updates. I love the ride but would love for them to fit it in but I guess with the immersion with GE it doesn’t.

Reaction score
Also rode Star Tours before I left today. Man no wait at all. Wonder what they can do to revitalize it? Even though it was redone about a decade ago or so and then with updates. I love the ride but would love for them to fit it in but I guess with the immersion with GE it doesn’t.
It's unfortunate that the Muppet area is in between because I'd think they could easily have you enter Star Tours and then have the ride end at Batuu for everyone and dump the exit queue into Batuu.