Disney Sandcrawler Playset

Reaction score
You are a wellspring of factual SW factoids. The mind boggles...
Maybe. But based on the 4 notifications that I got on my phone over the past 5 minutes where you quoted my posts you seem to have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with what I have to say...

Reaction score
Maybe. But based on the 4 notifications that I got on my phone over the past 5 minutes where you quoted my posts you seem to have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with what I have to say...
Maybe you’re thin skinned, and can dish it out...but can’t take it. I’m opinionated too, you see. Wow dude, you have forum posts linked to your phone. That seems a little like paranoia to me.

Last edited:

pod

Reaction score
When this was announced scripts for the show weren't even written yet

I doubt the show had anything to do with this. At all.
The new Obi Wan series was just announced. They can't possibly have an episodes or stories written yet, right? Except Ewen McGregor admitted it was first actually approved back in 2014, only kept under wraps in development until now as they worked on deciding between feature movie, trilogy or tv series options. Probably a couple sandcrawlers have been in those treatments for 5 years now.

I was just saying Mando was probably the same way. I bet Favreau has had a development deal on this story with Disney for 5 years as well, with him originally going to direct it as a standalone before getting it turned around as a series once Disney decided that it's upcoming Dis + was a better spot.

These things take time. Just because there's no announcement doesn't mean upcoming series or movies haven't been approved. He just didn't call up Iger with an idea a year ago, make an announcement, then hire a bunch of writers to start writing scripts from scratch. That's not how it works.

Reaction score
I really don't think the sandcrawler release is linked to Mandalorian, just a coincidence despite both needing development time. In fact, the sandcrawler had been rumored several years and even teased early on, so long prior to release, it was starting to look like it was cancelled. The sandcrawler was a companion piece to the BaD/factory line. The incl. figures are unique to ANH. Grant it, Disney could rereleas a repainted jawa and/ or crawler to fit in Mandalorian. I'm hoping a 4pk will come out w/ offworld jawa (even if repaint only), astromech taxi driver(1 or 2) and another droid or 2...like the bounty hunter (ep3) or zero. The BH world make more sense as all characters, incl a random jawa, were from same action sequence/episode.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe you’re thin skinned, and can dish it out...but can’t take it. I’m opinionated too, you see. Wow dude, you have forum posts linked to your phone. That seems a little like paranoia to me.
What could I "not take"? I'm not following you.

Yes I get notifications on my phone when posts I make quoted. Has nothing to do with paranoia...I like to be able to keep up conversations here that have interest in.

Jeeze.

Anyway I have this Sandcrawler and we love it. A bit overpriced but definitely a quality toy.

Reaction score
When I saw this at Disney, I was going to buy it, but the glitter bomb deco saved me the trouble. Jawas gotta stop stealing iphones from porches....lol

Reaction score
This thing really needs a little window/door on each side of the center main part of the body. The original and otc had it. Its also screen accurate and breaks up the plain side panel on each side. How did they miss this detail? There isn’t even a sculpted detail of a closed window.

3832A5C5-EAEE-4141-A9B5-427DD842EAA8.png
38FFE1CA-0CA7-4395-A6FB-C5680B0538B4.jpeg

pod

Reaction score
This thing really needs a little window/door on each side of the center main part of the body. The original and otc had it. Its also screen accurate and breaks up the plain side panel on each side. How did they miss this detail? There isn’t even a sculpted detail of a closed window.
It's also a nice little action function re:the Mandalorian episode with the jawas popping out from them.