Disney Sandcrawler Playset

Reaction score
Heading there is 8 days, hope to find one in the parks or downtown Disney (I know that not what it is called now, but thats what I call it)
I went to Disney Springs on Sunday and there were no Sandcrawlers to be found. We went to Hollywood Studios last night after the kids got out of school, and I only saw 2 in the entire park. Keep checking the ShopDisneyParks app for your best chance of finding it once you’re here.

Reaction score
for anyone holding off and buying this beast here's some photos of the new Disney version next to the classic Kenner version:

-action figures of Jawa and Gonk Droid (Hasbro versions are superior)

Reaction score
It's still so crazy to me that although it's definitely quite a bit wider, it's barely taller - which I think is the crux of why it's a little bit of a fail. Beautiful vehicle inside and out otherwise. I just hate that after all these years they didn't bother to even change the size much. The tallness is what's missing. It's supposed to be towering! Still love it, but I can't pull the trigger yet.

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold off getting one of these. You could always leave it in the box and sell it if there ends up being a larger, nicer one someday. This one should at least hold its value. I think to get something bigger & better, it would have to be a HasLabs thing.

Thanks DarkArtist for posting the comparison pics! I'm impressed that the Kenner one has such great detail. They really did a good job back in the day.

Reaction score
I was able to find the exclusive Sandcrawler that came out around 15 years ago, so for me, it's an easy pass. I know it may be a little bigger, but the one I have is good enough. I would wait for a reissue of one of the x-wings, as I got the original version that had the sounds and the handle on the bottom, then skipped out on the next three re-issues that didn't have them. Still kick myself for that, as they would look a lot better displayed than the "play" version, and all go for hundreds on the secondary market.

Reaction score
My aunt visited Disney Springs in Florida to try and find a Sandcrawler and the last 2 holiday droids for me, but they were sold out of all. So I called the 877 number and they were able to find a Sandcrawler and R4-BOO18 for me! no luck with R4-H18 though.

Reaction score
I received my Sandcrawler and R4-H18 over the weekend from Disney. When I called they said that they could only find R4-BOO18 and not R4-H18. Must be R4-BOO18 is completely sold out.

Reaction score
I received my Sandcrawler and R4-H18 over the weekend from Disney. When I called they said that they could only find R4-BOO18 and not R4-H18. Must be R4-BOO18 is completely sold out.
boo18 is available on eBay ATM, and most are under $20 shipped- one listing as low as 13.50 shipped. (sadly most expensive is $40 shipped loose, lol)
h18 is about 2--25 shipped

Last edited:

Lam

Reaction score
I was just at Disneyland last week, and there were at least a dozen of the sandcrawlers spread out at Startraders. Good luck!

Reaction score
Looks like out of stock again. I seem to keep missing it. They have a limit of ordering 10 at a time? No wonder its always out of stock. They should limit to 2 maybe.

Reaction score
This thing is not hard to find in WDW. I'm surprised it's not on the app all the time
Yeah, I remember seeing it for the first time when I was at DW last fall. I also see a bunch of them every time I go to DL, too. I need to buy it because I know it's going to disappear sooner rather than later with Episode IX around the corner.

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember seeing it for the first time when I was at DW last fall. I also see a bunch of them every time I go to DL, too. I need to buy it because I know it's going to disappear sooner rather than later with Episode IX around the corner.
Does Disney ever run sales? Not because I don't think it's worth it, it's a very awesome vehicle, but the inside leaves a lot to be desired to me. I would rather have a giant HasLab one, but if this will be the only one for awhile, I may bite.

Reaction score
Does Disney ever run sales? Not because I don't think it's worth it, it's a very awesome vehicle, but the inside leaves a lot to be desired to me. I would rather have a giant HasLab one, but if this will be the only one for awhile, I may bite.
I believe they sometimes run promotions like a certain % off of Star Wars toys at times. Though, it may be on "select" toys, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is the one thing I don’t like. The control room does not connect to the main hold.

Reaction score
That is the one thing I don’t like. The control room does not connect to the main hold.
That's my one major gripe about it. I can let the basically blank interior slide, and the treads being a little small I can ignore, but the no connection between the control room and the hold, like the original... tsk tsk.

It occurs to me that sounds like I'm being sarcastic, I'm not, it really is the one thing that really bugs me about it.

Reaction score
40% off all toys on Shop Disney now. It's 60 bucks.

Well, nevermind. Looks like the sale ended a few minutes ago. It seems to have been running for at least 90 minutes. The terms and conditions only said the words 'fine print' so it may have been a glitch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd rather see the jawa repainted and released w/ a droid and accessory pieces like the roof top canopy stuff to complement current sandcrawler. And along the same vein, the driver astromech, cart, and "Baby yoda" w/ carrier. Or at the very least, a repainted jawa, and a few droids ( including the bounty hunter droid) in a mando themed 4 pack of Hasbro does not do the jawa and B H droid in TVC

Last edited: