Disney Sandcrawler Playset

Reaction score
GAH! The app lets me put it in my bag, but then takes it out when I try to pay!

Reaction score
Since Disney made a sandcrawler, it'd be nice to see them produce The Ghost. The Twilight would be great too, but being Clone Wars, they may not tackle that unless it appears in the upcoming revamp series.

Reaction score
Since Disney made a sandcrawler, it'd be nice to see them produce The Ghost. The Twilight would be great too, but being Clone Wars, they may not tackle that unless it appears in the upcoming revamp series.
I 2nd a Ghost. Even if it wasn't for action figures. I'm thinking along the lines of the recent "Action Fleet" scaled Solo Falcon at the Disney store. But, if they could do something decent for action figures that would be awesome.

Reaction score
I've hoped we'd see a Ghost that could hold the Phantom we've already had, but I've also always known that's a long shot. That being said, I'd still like to see one at least as large as the Vintage Falcon that had a detachable Ghost.

Reaction score
Well I got excited to soon, I got a cancellation email this morning. The message was kind of bizarre, "we are out of stock or there was a security concern with your credit card". Which is it? There's a big difference between these two.

Reaction score
Well I got excited to soon, I got a cancellation email this morning. The message was kind of bizarre, "we are out of stock or there was a security concern with your credit card". Which is it? There's a big difference between these two.
Crap! I've been nervous something like this would happen since I haven't received any shipping notice yet myself. So, far nothing, but I'll feel a lot better once/if it ships.

Reaction score
Well - it's back up and I was able to buy one. I was so excited until I saw you got a cancellation email. Hope it wasn't a fake out.

Reaction score
I went to Hollywood Studios last night, and there were Sandcrawlers EVERYWHERE in Tatooine Traders. I saw them in Mickey’s of Hollywood, too. I’d call the 1-800 number and do a phone order.

Reaction score
Tried the ShopDisney app a couple minutes ago and it let me place an order. Fingers crossed it actually ships this time.

Reaction score
I went to Hollywood Studios last night, and there were Sandcrawlers EVERYWHERE in Tatooine Traders. I saw them in Mickey’s of Hollywood, too. I’d call the 1-800 number and do a phone order.
That's what I've been telling everyone since I got my Sandcrawler with no delay. Do the Phone order. I think though the Disney app gives you free shipping in some cases and a discount for a Disney CC. Mine was the $100.00 +shipping $12.00 + Tax $7.00. So $119.00 via the phone order. Get yourself a Sancrawler it's a terrific item. Can't prove it but I have a feeling Hasbro had a hand in making this.

Reaction score
That's what I've been telling everyone since I got my Sandcrawler with no delay. Do the Phone order. I think though the Disney app gives you free shipping in some cases and a discount for a Disney CC. Mine was the $100.00 +shipping $12.00 + Tax $7.00. So $119.00 via the phone order. Get yourself a Sancrawler it's a terrific item. Can't prove it but I have a feeling Hasbro had a hand in making this.

Reaction score
Whew! Got my shipping notice today from ordering it on the website. Feeling much better about it now.

Reaction score
Still out of scale for me. If you look at the full size set in the film the tracks are a little taller then the actors. Other thing that bugs me is there is no opening from the cockpit to the hold.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still out of scale for me. If you look at the full size set in the film the tracks are a little taller then the actors. Other thing that bugs me is there is no opening from the cockpit to the hold.
I agree, still a very cool toy for what it is, might be the only new one we ever get, tough choice for me because of that.

Reaction score
Whew! Got my shipping notice today from ordering it on the website. Feeling much better about it now.
Received a shipping notice this morning also, so it looks like Christmas is coming early this year.

Reaction score
Received a shipping notice this morning also, so it looks like Christmas is coming early this year.
Yup. Should be here tomorrow in fact. :D Very excited to finally get it after pining over it ever since I heard about it. I plan to go to Orlando in the first of the year, so I would have hunted for it then, but now I don't have to.

Reaction score
This is such a cool looking vehicle. I try to limit myself to Jabba related stuff at this scale, but this one is tempting.

Reaction score
Impulsively bought this awesome thing at one of the stores in Hollywood Studios last night after checking out a sample they had opened in that store. It’s definitely better than the old OTC one, but I think the OTC one has more accurate colors. Since I was an annual passholder, I got it 20% off for a total of $85.

Box is really huge so I had to buy it as I was about to leave the park and I had to carry it to the parking lot without a plastic bag.

Reaction score
Woohoo, it arrived today and it's excellent. Of course it could be bigger, but it would need to be at least twice as large to be "right" and I just don't see it happening... though they could do a giant, fold-out playset of some sort. In any case, it's better than the vintage version and I can further attest to the comments that the paint job looks better in person.

Reaction score
It's a great toy. Lots of great features. But I have two complaints: 1. Needs walkway from cockpit to the main body. Hasbro/Disney loves to leave those features out for some reason. 2., Why not make.it remote.control for God's sake? The original one did and now with the app crap, it would have been a win win!

Reaction score
Would you be willing to pay fifty (or even 25) extra bucks for rudimentary RC capability? Honestly, I'm not - it's not like it would have real moving tracks.

A walkway is an interesting idea though. It'd be a pretty short hallway though and couldn't really connect to anything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is there a anyone out there that would be looking to help out a fellow a collector? The app is being fickle as someone above already mentioned. I’m sure it will settle down and the glitches will be fixed sooner or later, however in the meantime if there is anyone that would be willing to help a fellow collector knock this off the list (especially if there is any possibility of an at-park discount), I would be very grateful. I would, of course, pay through PayPal beforehand, and I only live a couple states up from FLA. Normally I wouldn’t ask for help or any sort of discount, but the reason I even ask is because I just recently picked up, 100% in full, and moved states(apron 4-5weeks ago)...new house, new job, new everything. I’m settling in pretty well & things seem to be going fairly smooth....still, some things are very much still in shambles at this point and this is one piece I don’t want to miss simply due to bad timing.
So, PLEASE, if anyone is looking to help out a new “southerner”, please feel free to PM me at anytime. Thank you

Reaction score
received mine on Friday of last week. haven't had a chance to open it yet but it look glorious so far. hopefully I'll get a chance to crack this baby open tonight.

Reaction score
Got this one with free shipping from clicking on a twitter notification from yakface...the app was glitchy for a while. It's really cool in person, love the sound effects and it's pretty huge as far as most vehicles go.

Reaction score
I haven't posted in these forums in many years :| But recently I saw that this is one good source of info for the Disney Parks Droid Factory stuff. I'm not sure that I've seen the Disney Parks stuff in the RS newsfeed / main page. Maybe I missed the postings?

In any case, I finally made it out to Disney Springs to look for the Sandcrawler and the H18 guy. The SW Trading Post (where the B.A.D. station is) did not have any Sandcrawlers or H18s, at least as of today. I asked the guy working the register, and he said that they had gotten some 'crawlers, sold out, gotten more, sold out, etc. So they may still get some, but he did not know, and apparently there's no direct number to call ahead and ask.

The good news is that the Galactic Outpost at the other end of the park did have 3 Sandcrawlers that I saw (now 2), although with box damage to some degree. Not sure how common of a problem that is. I was just so happy to see them! The last time I was at Disney Springs a few months ago, it was just before the 'crawlers had been released. At least I got the Halloween droid and a bunch of B.A.D.s that day.

I can't wait to open this thing! I have so many droids, I can fill this Sandcrawler pretty easily :weeabooface:

Reaction score
The World of Disney Store, between Trading Post and the LEGO Store, has a SW section that had a few Sandcrawlers and a ton of H18 last week. Not sure how they’re stocked now. Hollywood Studios is the best bet for a good condition box. Use the ShopDisneyParks app and it’ll give you the locations on property with the items

Reaction score
The Sandcrawler is also once again available on shopdisney.com as of right now.

D

Reaction score
I just can't decide on this.

On the one hand it's absurdly small, and the tiny tracks really make that obvious with a figure next to it.
On the other hand it is probably the biggest Sandcrawler we are going to get and it looks awesome!

I have the re-released vintage one from a few years back, so I just don't know if I need this one.
This is a new, large, OT vehicle, so I really kind of need this one.

Oh, well. I guess it's a good 'problem' to have. :grin:

Reaction score

On the one hand it's absurdly small, and the tiny tracks really make that obvious with a figure next to it.
On the other hand it is probably the biggest Sandcrawler we are going to get and it looks awesome!

I have the re-released vintage one from a few years back, so I just don't know if I need this one.

It IS awesome. And I'm inclined to share the sentiment, this is the only one we're going to get for what I'd assume to be a long time.

Buy it and enjoy it.

Reaction score
It IS awesome. And I'm inclined to share the sentiment, this is the only one we're going to get for what I'd assume to be a long time.

Buy it and enjoy it.

I agree. Long ago... I took the figures out of the first Sandcrawler made by Hasbro and stored it. I never displayed it as it was way too small and a repainted vintage sandcrawler which was about as nice as the repainted vintage X-wing or Millenium Falcon. The new one is much bigger and an upgrade. Sell the old one to pay for some of the new one... can't lose. Although, Disney Sandcrawler is out of stock so if you didn't go for it earlier... you lose I guess.

Reaction score
If you have some custom skills: I'd love to see who pulls off the tiny treads & puts on Hiss tank treads first.

Reaction score
But they're the wrong shape... and wouldn't magically make the rest of the crawler look bigger.

Reaction score

It always depends on how you collect, what you want to collect, and how you display your stuff. For example, I am making an effort to start collecting the SDCC 'Revenge of the Jedi' proof cards. This started with me wanting to try again with a R2-D2 (pre-Disney/TVC) collection. And that idea only popped up because I am caught up on my TVC/Solo collection. (Something I was able to do by selling a chunk of my remaining collection that I had bought in 2018.) But do I need these? Just like the idea I have about the VOTC and its Saga counterpart, the answer is a "not really". But I am still doing it despite the fact they are not in my possession, and I will need Leia's proof card once they are (and confirmed to be in the described condition).

Point being is that since you do not have the original playset or the radio-controlled vehicle version, you might not be missing the chance to build a Sandcrawler collection. But if you do display these loose and have deep shelves, adding this for depth would work. Plus the electronic features are pretty cool. Plus it is a Disney Store exclusive, if that matters. And it does look cool. So I can only say that you should get it now and sell it later if you do not like it, instead of holding off and regret not getting it new. But that is how I deal with my collections no matter what the outcome might be. :hmm:

Reaction score
Heading there is 8 days, hope to find one in the parks or downtown Disney (I know that not what it is called now, but thats what I call it)