Disney Sandcrawler Playset

Reaction score
Using my Disney Chase credit card, I got it for $96 shipped! I’m genuinely excited for this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Was able to order one, I'm pretty excited. $100 seems like a good value for what we're getting.

Reaction score
Also it might be interesting to some, it's shipping from Memphis TN, so a distribution hub rather than park stock.

Reaction score
Some shots with Hasbro figures...the more that I mess with this thing, the more I love it. There was indeed some kind of paint variant with the one I opened.

Reaction score
I keep looking everyday, but haven't been able to place an order yet. I keep missing the short periods when stock is available.

Reaction score
I didn't get a shipping confirmation, and when I log into the app, it says I have no order history. Yet I got the e-mail with my order number and confirmation. For those of you who got a shipping confirmation, does the app show your order in the order history?

Reaction score
I don't know if my order showed in the app earlier but it is showing when I check now. My order was placed Friday afternoon, shipping notice noon time Monday.

Reaction score
I didn't get a shipping confirmation, and when I log into the app, it says I have no order history. Yet I got the e-mail with my order number and confirmation. For those of you who got a shipping confirmation, does the app show your order in the order history?
Mine shows the order, but when I first checked it, there was a lag where it said "You have no orders" and then it refreshed itself, showing the order. I did get a shipping confirmation e-mail.

Interesting... I just went to double check it, and now when I click "order history" it doesn't even load, just flickers and stays on my account page. It's quite a buggy app. You should try calling to check.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I e-mailed them my order confirmation and got kind of a generic response saying the item will ship within X amount of days.

I got that flicker too sometimes, but every time I got the order history to load, it said I had no order history.

Reaction score
I just tried again and order history loaded, but like you said it said I had no orders. So I tapped back and forth between order history and my account a few times and after the third or fourth time it came up with my order.

Awesome app.

Reaction score
The app is definitely acting flakey today. It is only accepting my password half the time.

Reaction score
Mine arrived today. I went home at lunch to make sure the UPS driver had left it inside the side porch instead of outside it.
The shipping box is "holy frig!" big. Had a tear/hole in it big enough to fit my hand in, but the Sandcrawler was unscathed inside.

This thing is awesome. Well worth the very fair price of $99. The lights, the sounds, the motorized elevator, its just fantastic. It has an outstanding almost vintage kenner like feel to it. I can't wait to load it up this evening. If you offered me two TVC hovertanks or this, I'm taking this everyday of the week.

Oh and in some of the pics I've seen the side door has looked kind of wavy, which left me concerned this would be made of that cheap rubbery plastic. It must be a trick of the eye, because its solid and rigid.

Reaction score
A few quick shots...

It doesn't really... fit, in the spot I had my OTC Sandcrawler. lol.

It kinda cramps up what was once a spacious display shelf. ;)

Plenty of room inside though!

Reaction score
Great setup there! I can't help but think this thing is still severely undersized. It's even less length than the original Rebel Transport. That is crazy, at least make the Crawler taller Disney! It needs taller treads for certain, but I really admire your dios and it still looks fantastic among the figures. I just can't pull the trigger yet on this. I feel like I'll get burned if I don't, but I'd hate to see it come out in HasLab as an ultimate version, but I suppose at that point I could always sell this one. The question is, will there even be demand at that point? The lights and sounds are really a great bonus on this Disney one, those treads are just painfully small.

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah I'm going to have to shift somethings around or find a different place for the sandcrawler, lol.

The treads and the sparse interior decor are definitely the weak points. I'll probably repaint the exterior at some point like I did with my OTC crawler to a solid dark brown with some rust streaks here and there.

For me the lights and motorized elevator realllly bring this one home. I love the tinted glass for the cockpit as well.

I'm not sure I'd hold my breath for a Haslab version. I know hasbro has said before in years past that they probably wouldn't reissue the vintage/otc mold because they didn't think it was dynamic or interesting enough. And I'm doubtful they would do a Haslab version so close to this one. Also if I'm remembering correctly didn't they say the next project was going to be sequel media based? Any rate, that would push one out 2-3 years I'd think. I could definitely be mistaken. Somewhere around 2002 I once said "MP3's are never going to catch on." ;)

Reaction score
There's no way you'll ever not be able to sell this one and get your money back in the future, especially if HasLab does one, which will be massively more expensive.

I got my shipping notice Tuesday at 5 PM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have to say, this thing does look much better with vintage figures, especially on the inside because there's so little detail there. I think my favorite thing on it so far are the Jawa sounds.

Reaction score
Did you guys need to do something to get your lights to work? I haven't taken it out of the package and the lights do not seem to turn on. I'm hoping there is a tab to pull or something? Please?

Reaction score
Did you guys need to do something to get your lights to work? I haven't taken it out of the package and the lights do not seem to turn on. I'm hoping there is a tab to pull or something? Please?
On the bottom of the vehicle there's a switch with three settings "On, Off and Try" it's in the Try setting in the package. Probably because the lights stay on until you hit the button again, so they didn't want the battery running down on the shelf.

Reaction score
On the bottom of the vehicle there's a switch with three settings "On, Off and Try" it's in the Try setting in the package. Probably because the lights stay on until you hit the button again, so they didn't want the battery running down on the shelf.
Nice!!! I actually did think that they wouldn't want the lights to accidentally stay on.
Super cool.

LOVE this thing.

Reaction score
Sandcrawler arrived today. As expected the exterior deco is a little odd but the white speckles do not bother me as much in person as I thought they would. The Jawa, especially its limited arm articulation, could have been better.

All that said, this sandcrawler embraces being a toy and does it well for the price tag.

Reaction score
Wish I was a little better at taking pictures to show how this looks, but I GUARANTEE you the paint is not that big a problem when you get a chance to look at it in person.
The bottom picture is with little light and the top is with a directional lamp directly on it. Clearly if it is lit like the above the paint is off. Can't deny it. Most of us will not have this thing lit like that though. If this thing was dark brown you wouldn't see any details. It should have been a couple shades darker.
I put Chewie's leg in there just for comparison as this thing is about the same colors as he is.

If you examine it closely, you see the speckles of paint. As you can see below, they all but disappear really. Even looking directly at it you don't notice them nearly as much as other pictures would suggest. Have you zoomed in on some of the HD action figure pics? They all look pretty awful when under a microscope.

Reaction score
I'll second keknivek, the paint really is less objectionable in person than it is in a lot of photos.

Reaction score
The Sandcrawler is now available at ShopDisney.com:

Sandcrawler Playset by Hasbro - Star Wars

It costs enough to qualify for free shipping. It would've been nice had it been available during their 25% off sale, but at least it gives everyone an easier option to obtain it.
Great! Thanks for the heads up. Order place. I'm glad they decided to put it on their app and then their website.

Reaction score
I went through the process and got a message that the item was removed from my bag.

Reaction score
Got mine today and love it! It's twice as big as the old one and only $40 more than the one I bought in 2004... Plus it has all the fun electronics! Can disney parks sell all action figure vehicles going forward? This is the best vehicle/value I have bought since...2012 maybe?

Reaction score
I went through the process and got a message that the item was removed from my bag.
Sorry about that.:$ I thought it was back because it let me add it to my bag. When I clicked on checkout, it removed the Sandcrawler from my bag too.:confused: Strange that the actual product page allows you to add it to your bag. I hope it restocks soon.

Reaction score
Yeah, it removed from my bag as well. Now the page just spins and doesn't actually put anything in your cart at all.

edit: And now it officially says out of stock again. Dang - it's been a while since I've been this bummed about missing out on something. I've always wanted a sandcrawler, but the vintage/reissue was just a bit too small. It looks like this would fit the bill nicely.

I know it's all money in the bank for Disney, but at minimum orders of TEN, it sucks they created such scalper bait. I really hope there's another run so those slimeballs can sit on their thousand dollars worth of crawlers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In all honesty, the limit should be 2 maybe 4. But there's no practical reason for anyone to order ten at a time.
At least in the very beginning to let everyone have an equal chance.

Got mine today and love it! It's twice as big as the old one and only $40 more than the one I bought in 2004... Plus it has all the fun electronics! Can disney parks sell all action figure vehicles going forward? This is the best vehicle/value I have bought since...2012 maybe?
If this is as cool as everyone boasts, and sells through well enough for them to consider it profitable. Perhaps it will open the door for more vehicles.
Would be nice if they did considering Hasbro's reluctance on some vehicles. It would be nice to get anew larger Skiff, as well as some others.
The only down side is the issue people are having with acquiring the Sandcrawler or any "Parks" Exclusive. Not everyone has access to them, and relying on their app is sketchy at best.

Reaction score
Just went on the Shop Disney Parks app and was able to order one finally.