Disney reportedly making Live-Action 'Star Wars' TV Series

Reaction score
I for some reason, want to see a Star Wars show without light sabers and Jedi. It was great when we had those Clone-Centric episodes in TCW where the story was of course in the SW universe, but we didn't have the force wielding characters in the plot.

It seemed like the Inquistors only purpose in Rebels was to give Kaanan someone to pary against. Otherwise Kalus would have done just fine as 'the guy hunting down the rebels'.

Reaction score
I won't believe it until I see it advertised on TV.... but... I agree with Cyclone. It'd be good to have a series set away from the main characters, away from the Jedi. (Probably cheaper for them as well)

I wonder if they'll keep it aimed at an adult audience (think I remember that was the targeted demographic of the previously hinted series) - if the kids have Rebels and other animations, it'd be cool to have a darker, underworldy type show.

Just keep politics, policy and regulations out of it. Also, I hope it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Agents of Shield.

It could be overkill though, if we are getting spinoffs, all these new comics, and more animated shows....

Reaction score
The underworld element does interest me, be cool to follow a Smuggler's travels for a change. Or even a Bounty hunter. I could use a little break from Jedi adventures too, but only for a spell.

Reaction score
Love the SW underworld idea, in the PT and OT some of the funnest and most interesting scenes were in the bars. A bounty hunter would be sweet as well, plus gives the underworld side of things at all.

Reaction score
Well, If I remember correctly, that Underworld show never got the greenlight because they said it would cost X millions of dollars per epsisode, and they were waiting for the cost to come down. I don't know what they wrote, but it must have been CGI heavy. Since Disney has low balled TCW down to Rebels, I wonder how much budget they are willing to throw at a SW live action show. Likely not enough to use the 'underground' screenplays.

Reaction score
...this may be an old rumor, but I'm not even gonna think bout it till they have something of fact. Seems a bit of a long shot IMO. They're still sitting on the mostly completed SW Detours.. much rather see that than the lame LEGO cartoons they insist on pumping out. They're cool for a laugh like once-but meh, enough already.

Reaction score
I thought the underworld.. thing, was supposed to be a tie-in (?or straight TV-version?) of the "1313" video game. delving into the depths of Coruscant's seedy underbelly. and all that.

(a game which got cancelled the moment Disney took over, when they hastily shut down ALL of lucasArts and sold ALL "star wars" video game rights straight over to EA-Sports).

(which itself, was kinda like Marvel selling the spiderman movie rights to Sony) --> wtf were they thinking!? o-o "hasty" decisions are often regretted.