Discussion Disney plus.. Darth Maul series

Reaction score
Well, Ray Park haven't been posting anything on IG since mid september, and he usually posts a lot, and a lot of it is training combat moves, etc.
Snake Eyes? Darth Maul?

Reaction score
Since they hired someone else for Snake Eyes, I figured Maul would be next. Although I guess there's no real acting involved with Maul.

GNT

Reaction score
Now that they set him up in the Han Solo movie, something in between or after would be good. Not sure if they'd tie in the CW show.

Reaction score
I mean if Maul must be done, see I'm of the camp that just thoroughly will not believe he survived that nonsense, but if he MUST...I'd rather it be in his own ridiculous show then taint Han (film/films?) or Obi-Wan (Disney +) with his presence. I think that way, the people that want him get him. The people that despise the very idea of his being still alive (not that I'm saying he SHOULDN'T have died...just that he did and it's so contrive and forced to write he somehow didn't) don't have to watch it or have his being there soil other characters around him. I don't even care if he's alive in the cartoons, I don't watch, just....nah....I really hate the idea of him or Ahsoka or the Rebels crew in live-action. I can even survive really brief cameos, but keep the entirely Filoni animated stuff separate from reality IMO. But I know, my belief on this will soar...as high as the Hindenburg. I'm doomed to fail on this one, so I'll just have to self mind-edit it out when it inevitably happens. Hah.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I mean if Maul must be done, see I'm of the camp that just thoroughly will not believe he survived that nonsense, but if he MUST...I'd rather it be in his own ridiculous show then taint Han (film/films?) or Obi-Wan (Disney +) with his presence. I think that way, the people that want him get him. The people that despise the very idea of his being still alive (not that I'm saying he SHOULDN'T have died...just that he did and it's so contrive and forced to write he somehow didn't) don't have to watch it or have his being there soil other characters around him. I don't even care if he's alive in the cartoons, I don't watch, just....nah....I really hate the idea of him or Ahsoka or the Rebels crew in live-action. I can even survive really brief cameos, but keep the entirely Filoni animated stuff separate from reality IMO. But I know, my belief on this will soar...as high as the Hindenburg. I'm doomed to fail on this one, so I'll just have to self mind-edit it out when it inevitably happens. Hah.
I agree, but if they're going to go this route anyway, then it should focus on non-TCW/Rebels stuff with Maul. Crimson Dawn would be fine, but try and give us something fresh and not the Rebels crew in live format.

Reaction score
More than likely, I just won't watch it. Unless it's pre-two pieces Maul, then it might be interesting.

But Maul had his day. He got cut in half, went tumbling down shaft and died. Everything else is Filoni baloney.

Seriously though. Making a TV show out of this guy is just ****ing stupid. Keep that nonsense for the kids cartoons. That way it can be ignored by anyone over twelve. Of all the possibilities for characters that Star Wars can potentially employ...Darth bleedin Maul is probably one of the lowest on any realistic list.

GNT

Reaction score
More than likely, I just won't watch it. Unless it's pre-two pieces Maul, then it might be interesting.

But Maul had his day. He got cut in half, went tumbling down shaft and died. Everything else is Filoni baloney.

Seriously though. Making a TV show out of this guy is just ****ing stupid. Keep that nonsense for the kids cartoons. That way it can be ignored by anyone over twelve. Of all the possibilities for characters that Star Wars can potentially employ...Darth bleedin Maul is probably one of the lowest on any realistic list.
They made it work for the Clone Wars TV show and it kind of worked ( and could've been left at that), the main trouble is that he has been established into a live action movie (Han Solo) and seemed to have a plan and it was left pretty open ended. Maybe a Maul series could further tell his story or he could cross over into the Obi-Wan show and meet his demise there in the final episode.

Reaction score
Agreed. If it were just above the legs i could see an argument about his possible survival. But having it cut through the abdominal region where vital organs are, is just not acceptable. People refer to Vader and what he survived, but he had a while suit keeping him going. Not to mention probably the Force.

Obviously Maul would not have bled out due to it being a Saber, thus sealing the wound. I guess...
But him surviving without any type of life support system to replace whatever was compromised, yeah I don't think so.

And People though Fett's survival was ridiculous, ha!

I will not debate the fall issue, as we all know Jedi Sith can leap tall buildings in a single bound. However, without said appendages I don't know how one would break that fall.

Reaction score
It appears I'm one of the few folks around here who likes/accepts Maul being alive after getting bisected 😳

That being said, I agree with a lot of folks that a series about his time before appearing in TPM is rich with great storytelling opportunities.