Disney+ Launches with 4K Versions of Star Wars Movies - 4K Blu-rays on the way?

Reaction score

After hearing rumors of the Star Wars films being released on 4K Blu-ray next year, Disney+ has launched with 4K versions of most of the Star Wars films, including the original trilogy and prequel trilogy.

Will 4K Blu-rays follow or will Disney keep the 4K versions exclusive to their streaming service?

I have no interest in purchasing Disney+, but I would buy the original trilogy and prequel trilogy on 4K Blu-ray.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm watching empire strikes back.. It's visually stunning compared to the blue ray.. I watched the mandolrian also on 4k.. for anybody on the fence concerning Disney plus.. There is a 7 day free trial.. I recommend to check it out.. Then cancel if it's not your cup of tea..

Reaction score
what device are you using to watch in 4K?

I have a PS4 and an AppleTV but I don't think either one of them is 4K.
I would need a PS4"pro" , or a new 4K AppleTV.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm using my firestick on 4k T.V...
The T.V. Also has the Disney + app..
There both working.. When ever I have a 4k signal my Tv switches HDR.. and you can see the difference..
I have a small theater room with Sony 7.1 surround sound.. I also have a 4k sony DVD player but the app hasnt been loaded .. That would really make it better for me

Reaction score
OK I got it figured out.
I actually have a brand new 4K Sony TV.. but for some reason it wouldn't let me D/L the Disney+ app.
I had to sign into a google account first.. then D/L the app through the google account.. then log on to Disney+.
>>> success!

Reaction score
and yes you're right, the difference is quite staggering.
I watched this morning on my PC @ 1080 -- it looks much better on a 65" screen @ 4K :cool:LOL

Reaction score
what device are you using to watch in 4K?

I have a PS4 and an AppleTV but I don't think either one of them is 4K.
I would need a PS4"pro" , or a new 4K AppleTV.
The PS4 Pro is 4k (as I see you said in a later post). It is the one I own. However, my TV is 8 years old so it really doesn't matter. NO clue what K it is, do not care LOL.