Disney Infinity 3.0 (Star Wars)

Reaction score
Well to be fair I don't think they took this decision lightly, they are shuttering a whole studio and 300 people are losing their jobs. If you just jumped in you are still able to play the games and there is a crap load of older stuff to collect which will all likely hit clearance soon - just no more new games or sets beyond Alice this month and Dory next month. The writing was pretty much on the wall when they announced earlier this year that there would be no 4.0 this year, it's just official now.

My family and I are big Disney fans so when this was announced we jumped all in. We have all 1.0 figures (exception of Crystal Agent P) and all discs but Dumbo, Abu and Buzz Astro Blaster. When 2.0 came out I didn't jump all in as far as figures but will all the cheap sales everyone has had, we have most of them now. My kids went crazy for all the 3.0 SW stuff at Christmas so I believe we have all of those with the exception of some of the Rebels characters and a couple of the Light FX figures. I gave up on power disc collecting for 2.0 and 3.0 though but will probably pick them up as they clearance.

But like I said we are Disney/Marvel/SW fans so even if we don't play the game much anymore the figures are great collectibles to have. There is already also a lot of speculation that SW and Disney may jump over to Lego Dimensions which would be pretty cool. SW and Lego have always had a great relationship. The new wave of Disney minifigs are selling out everywhere too. But I heard it's probably not likely for Marvel to join since it would clash with DC.

Reaction score
Well, they clearly made way too many of these things. Toys R Us particularly has aisles stacked of these figurines. Walmart has a lot too, and so does Target, and Best Buy.
I remember when some of the Star Wars figurines were coming out, they were Exclusive to certain stores. That was kinda fun tracking them down. But then they eventually released these "exclusives" into every store. lol And that's when I lost the thrill.
And the main issue was... since these were so abundant, as a Collector I didn't feel any urgency to rush out and buy them before they're sold out. It became pretty clear that these things were not gonna be "sold out" any time soon(because they made way too many of them), that a lot of us thought to ourselves "I'll get these later".

Who knows... Do you guys think these Figurines & Kits will sell faster now that they're being cancelled, perhaps becoming Collector items? or will nobody still care, because of the fact they're obsolete?

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does this open the door to LEGO Star Wars minifigs in LEGO Dimensions though?

Reaction score
Hopefully they keep the servers up for a couple years. Although disappointed, I still like the figures and went out yesterday and bought a few more I didn't have yet. I think the only disks I'm missing are from 2.0, so I need to do a little research to hunt those down.

Depending on how much product they ship for Alice and Dory, they may end up a scalpers paradise.

Reaction score
40% off in store at TRU right now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Reaction score
Well, after reading this article: http://kotaku.com/sources-the-ambitious-now-cancelled-plans-for-disney-1776370484
I'm convinced more than ever that Disney already has a plan to license it's Star Wars line to an opposing "toys-to-life" competitor. I would guess most likely to Lego/Lego Dimensions. Infact, with how abrupt this cancellation of Disney Infinity took place, I'd think negotiations have started and in order for Lego to get these products out in time for Rogue One, Disney had to shutdown operation (Infinity) immediately.
So, I would say in the next couple months we'll see breaking news that Lego Dimensions has acquired the Star Wars license for their "toys-to-life" products.

Reaction score
That story also addresses your previous thoughts about them being overproduced due to the fact certain figures were scarce upon launch. I was collecting them heavily and do remember that for some figures if you weren't at the store the day of release you would have to wait a while for a restock so based on that they over corrected.

Reaction score
Yeah it's a shame innocent employees got fired. The game designers, in my opinion, were not at fault. They did a good job in making a good game, and it seemed as though they were on their way to fix issues/complaints that people had.
Whereas, the true people who were to blame were the people in charge of deciding how much inventory to be manufactured. They completely over-estimated how many of the figurines should be made. It's similar to what happened with Amiibo. In the beginning Amiibo was hot, and consumers put in a lot of effort trying to track down Exclusive figures. It was fun and rewarding if you were one of the people to acquire these Exclusive figures because they seemed to be in limited supply. The demand was really high, and the supply was just a little low. But ofcourse people started complaining that they couldn't get these figures before they sold out, and then Amiibo decided to restock every Exclusive hard-to-find Amiibo, and now they're in great abundance, and the hype completely died to the point nobody cares about Amiibo anymore.
Disney Infinity(particularly the Star Wars line) could've built up a lot more hype if they would've followed what Amiibo did early on... Keep the supply low enough, so the Demand will remain high. But nope, they did it all wrong. They gave us too much supply all at once. Us consumers are hardcore collectors, and it's no fun if this stuff is easily attainable. Disney Infinity & Amiibo should've stuck with the gameplan of Limited Run Exclusive figures. And Never, Ever re-release figures. If people miss out on a figure, and now the price has skyrocketed on the secondary market, so be it. That's what helps propel the interest in future figures. Don't look back.
Anyway, it's too late, it's too bad. They messed up.

mec

Reaction score
Disney is still under contract in Infinity for 2 more movies. ALice in the Looking Glass and Jungle book. After these releases expect stores to start clearance. I have not seen anything at Target or Walmart with 3.0 yet. Target was doing 75% off on 2.0 and older, but I couldnt find any at all. I do want some of the figures for display only.

Reaction score
I have almost all of 1.0 figures and disc and a bunch of 2.0 figures if anyone wants to trade. I'm looking mostly for SW Lego.

Reaction score
Was wondering through a TRU today and found 4 Infiniti Boba Fetts. I only picked up one of them to give other Fett collectors a chance because I know this line has been cancelled. This is my first and only DI purchase. Never thought I would see this figure on a single card or in person.

Reaction score
Best Buy had a bunch of these on sale a couple weeks back. I got all the Rebels figures and the light up Anakin for $3.99 each. Poe was $2.99. Now the only Star Wars figure I am missing is the light up Kanan from amazon. Hoping to get him at a better price soon. I need to find a Nemo figure for my wife, but he seems to have been selling out everywhere very quickly. I'd like to get her the one with the bonus game discs.

Reaction score
From a recent email I received from the Infinity team, as of 3/3/17 online content will no longer be available. So if you have toy box creations, save them to your console. I don't even really know how to build levels and such in the toy box. Is there some sort of online resource where I can learn to do this ?

Reaction score
I just found at my local WalMart Disney Infinity Star Wars figures for $3, and the 2-packs for $6. I found the Luke/Leia at that price which I never saw at Target when they were aggressively clearancing them. It seems like this store had every figure, including Boba Fett. If you like the figures as figures, it's totally worth it.

Reaction score
toys r us has buy 1 get 4 free. i got 10 figures for 11 dollars. they charged me for the cheapest ones, which for me were poe and han solo at 5 dollars each, even though the 4 free were higher priced. i had to pay 6 dollars shipping but still for 17 dollars shipped for 10 figures, i wont complain. Unfortunately TRU didnt have the zeb or sabine, so i got those on ebay for a buy 2 get 1 free at 4 dollars each with free shipping. i took a mickey mouse as my free one cause i had the others. That gives me all of the star wars figure with 2x maul.

Reaction score
It looks like we will at least be getting more figures (with articulation!), though there is no mention of the game being revived:

https://twitter.com/Infiniteering/status/923029940202643456
i hope this is true, the 4.0 preview looked great. i am still working my way through the playsets. i finished the PT star wars, halfway through the OT and i am almost done with inside out (which is one of the best games i have every played)

i never got into the toybox building much, but i would definitely start to if it meant more playing of the different figures.

I also find it weird the figures i got over the weekend at buy 1 get 4 free, are now all full price again. man, i am hopeful

Reaction score
The wording of the announcement is a little weird...interact with them like never before? Unless they are talking about the addition of articulation to the figures, that would almost have to mean some sort of interaction with the game. I guess we won't have long to wait to find out.

Reaction score
Wow this is great news!
From the little bit that I read these are Disney Infinity inspired figures called Toybox action figures. Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar characters with 14 points of articulation and signature accessories+. They come out on Nov. 3rd. and you can find this info on the Disney shop.
Since I love the look of the Infinity figures I’ll be collecting these.

Reaction score
I never picked these up when they were originally released, but I found some at TRU on clearance for $1, and picked up the figure I was most interested in, Ahsoka. Are these being cleared out anywhere else? I may track down Yoda and Leia next.

Reaction score
I never picked these up when they were originally released, but I found some at TRU on clearance for $1, and picked up the figure I was most interested in, Ahsoka. Are these being cleared out anywhere else? I may track down Yoda and Leia next.
Walmart. I'm still seeing Yoda for like $3 at a local Walmart.

Reaction score
Just found more of these at a grocery store, they certainly overproduced them by the thousands. I spotted Zeb and Kylo, nothing else. Picked up a couple Zeb figures to potentially customize - has anyone else been doing that?