Disney/Fox Acquisition: When do we see X-Men/FF in the MCU?

GNT

Reaction score
and I agree, introducing one character at a time would be the way to go, (followed by a 'tentpole' movie to bring them all together, like the way they did it the first time, with Avengers1) -- introducing Rogue in the next Captain Marvel movie would be a good place to start.
Absolutely, having them slowly show up would be a great way for everyone to adjust to the characters before one joint film. Maybe do it Thanos style with a major threat coming and the X-Men characters have to slowly win over the other Avenger characters into joining them over a few films. I trust Marvel they'll get it right.

Reaction score
I would be curious to know how they plan to approach Wolverine though, because he is one of the oldest Mutants. So unless they totally rewrite his origins, how do you explain that he's been around since the late 1800's in the MCU? Especially if the "Snap' is what activates the mutant gene, not to mention when he would get his adamantium makeover. So wouldn't this mean that this experiment on him takes place relatively recent compared to the comics? Likely sometime between the first and second snap?

Reaction score
they could say that the snap has activated the mutant gene, thereby making 'mutants' a thing moving forward in the MCU, bringing the issue to the forefront, and placing them onto everybody's radar (to explain why mutants had NOT been a thing, so far, in the previous MCU movies)... but there could still be a very small subset of mutants for whom the gene had activated 'naturally' in the past, and these people just managed to keep it a secret all their lives (to explain guys like Wolverine). ie: have their cake and eat it too.

Reaction score
I don't know that I cared about Wolverine being part of all the World Wars and such. They could do his story like they did with Hank Pym or Wolverine is like Bigfoot, but suddenly he has to come out of hiding like they did with Aquaman. There are a number of ways they could show that he's been out there but perhaps hasn't been so active.

He's lived a long time, but if they want the character to be around awhile he should probably be a younger actor. Fan Casting the X-Men is fun, but Wolverine is tough. I don't know that I've seen a youngish actor that I feel could really nail it. Tom Hardy is always talked about, along with odd choices like Henry Cavill and Daniel Radcliffe? With Hardy as Venom and Cavill as Superman.... I don't really like either of those.

Reaction score
I've done an extensive search on some of the younger actors, and I couldn't come up with a good fit. And yeah, Jackman gets a lot of flack for being 6' and not being Canadian. But I don't think you'll ever find someone who will even come close to filling those shoes in this role.

Besides adding those two limitations immediately limits your options considerably. How many 5' Canadian Actors does Hollywood even know?
I think the reason well known names are getting thrown around, is because for they think people will go see it even if they'e not a fan of the franchise.
Just because "famous guy" is "lead character". With studious wanting to take less of chance these days, they are less interested in casting a nobody.

Reaction score
I don't think Canadian has anything to do with the casting, it's not like casting a Pakistani Ms. Marvel.... Jackman was too tall, but it never really showed to be an issue in the X-men movies. I definitely think they need to look at someone short and stocky. They could honestly go with someone more Native American looking for Wolverine. I just want a really ferocious Wolverine, not just a Hugh Jackman getting angry and annoyed. His anger was great, but we need that plus.

Reaction score
Anyone else totally ready for movies to start up in theaters again?

I had a thought the other day: Imagine if all this quarantining had happened in 2019. Avengers Endgame came out in April. Can you imagine having to wait like 4 more months before that conclusion. Thank goodness we got Spider-Man before this all went down too or the loss of Tony in that wouldn't have been so heightened. I know it's trivial, but the wait doesn't seem as drastic for Black Widow.

New Mutants is the next Superhero movie as far as I can tell... (what a crazy ride that has been on huh?) Aug 28
Wonder Woman 1984 - Oct 2
Black Widow - Nov 6
Eternals - Feb 12, 2021
Morbius - March 19, 2021
Shang-Chi - May 7, 2021
Venom 2 - June 25, 2021
Suicide Squad (redo) - Aug 8, 2021
The Batman - Oct 1, 2021
Spider-Man 3 - Nov 5, 2021
Black Adam - Dec 22, 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder - Feb 11, 2022
Dr. Strange Multiverse - March 22, 2022
Black Panther 2 - May 6, 2022
The Flash? - June 3, 2022
Capt Marvel 2 - July 8, 2022

This is more for my purposes than anything else, but looks like a pretty compelling lineup to me. I basically expect the 'mutant' thing to be spread throughout all the MCU movies.

Reaction score
Honestly the only movie on that list that I actively want to go see is Wonder Woman 1984, and it being pushed back again is a bit frustrating. The other movies are meh to me and will watch them if I get the chance. And a lot of those I haven't seen anything on so have no idea whether I want to see them or not, especially at the Theater.

Due to my location seeing movies in the Winter is not always easy as we have to drive over an hour away weather permitting. So having summer movies pushed to winter may have just pushed me/friends out of seeing them altogether.

I'm honestly surprised they allowed new Mutants to go forward considering their hesitance on Deadpool, especially since new Mutants seems more horror inspired. Disney's purchase of Fox is now starting to dawn on them how many projects do not fit into their "family driven" content. So that will be interesting to see unfold.

Spidey 3 might be cool, have to wait to see how they go and who the villain is.

As for Flash, I think they'll end up having issues over the their star choking a woman for it to remain on schedule.

Spreading Mutants into the theme is possible, but i though Kevin said he was already too deep into his 5 year plan to worry about the Fox characters?
So technically wouldn't the first time we actually see anything covering them be in 2024 at the earliest? Otherwise it would require slight rewrites to current scripts.

Reaction score
There was hope/rumors the the new mutants rewrites were to shoehorn the movies into the MCU but at this point it’s highly unlikely. They spent a lot of money on the movie but it’s likely a loss at this point unless they don’t know it’s a sleeper hit.

Reaction score
There was hope/rumors the the new mutants rewrites were to shoehorn the movies into the MCU but at this point it’s highly unlikely. They spent a lot of money on the movie but it’s likely a loss at this point unless they don’t know it’s a sleeper hit.
I feel like New Mutants really SHOULD end up being a cult classic sort of movie if it isn't really popular during its run. I could see this movie being like the MCU answer to IT and those movies were great (the first was great and the second ended it pretty well). I still think their crazy if they don't tie this to anything in the MCU. The characters could be throwaways if it doesn't work and could be added in if they do. I could see Magik specifically being pretty popular going forward.

Reaction score
Spreading Mutants into the theme is possible, but i though Kevin said he was already too deep into his 5 year plan to worry about the Fox characters?
So technically wouldn't the first time we actually see anything covering them be in 2024 at the earliest? Otherwise it would require slight rewrites to current scripts.
Rewrites happen a lot, so I would actually be surprised if they don't address it sooner rather than later. I don't see a full on X-Men movie any time soon, but I'm totally OK with that. I believe The Eternals already has some talk of the 'Deviant Gene' like Thanos has. I don't know that Black Widow will have any 'mutant' plot points, nor will Shang Chi, but Dr. Strange and Black Panther absolutely should. They have a couple years to hash that out. :)

I want my African Queen Ororo darn it! And Namor.... Black Panther vs. Namor.... Just do it.