Disney/Fox Acquisition: When do we see X-Men/FF in the MCU?

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread that was specifically talking about the news of Disney buying Fox assets, so I created one so we could discuss what you think will happen with Marvel's new (almost there) accessible characters.

My Thoughts:

Spoiler Alert for Infinity War: Thanos just left his mark on the MCU and also showed how he could alter reality. Everyone knows that many of the "no longer existing" heroes will return, but what else returns with them?

I believe they will go the Alternate Reality/Multiverse/Quantum Realm option and show how all of this working together changes the MCU. I hear time travel, but I hate time travel as a plot point so I'm hoping it's something else. Anyone that wants out of the MCU (Downey, Hemsworth, Evans,etc) has their opportunity to step out of reality and still be available later if needed/wanted/interested.

Fantastic Four clearly needs a movie and they could be a direct result of Thanos' reality warping. There are MANY scenarios in which these astronauts could get their powers from Thanos. The X-Men?????? Well, I think the smart thing would be to establish that the reality warping caused the mutations. Show us one mutant and don't go nuts with creating an origin story for all of them. I'm not sure which mutant I would start with, but I think why not have Storm develop her powers in Black Panther 2 as part of the story line... maybe Vs. Namor? How awesome would that be?

I hope this means we get a younger MCU. Spider-Man is certainly going to be a big part. Black Panther also. I do believe Johansson will stick around for her own Black Widow movie and then maybe fade into the background. I believe the following will be gone/in an alternate reality/dead. Tony Stark, Captain America, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Nebula, Loki, Heimdall, Pepper, Hank Pym, and Janet Van Dyne.

I think Thor will find his new Asgard and they will make Valkyrie the new Thor. Black Widow will be retired after her movie. I think they'll also retire War Machine. I think Bucky will be the new Cap (That's been coming for awhile). I believe the New Avengers will consist of Captain Marvel, Bucky Cap, Valkyrie Thor, Falcon, Ant-Man, Wasp, and "Smart Hulk". Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange will be off and on with each getting a sequel before joining the rest of the team.

I think they also develop a Young Avengers and don't worry too much about whether the character was actually in the titled "Young Avengers" or if they started elsewhere. You could include any young character. Kamela Khan (Ms Marvel), Miles Morales (Spider-Man), Cassie Lang (Stature), Kate Bishop (Hawkeye), Riri Williams (Ironheart), Billy Kaplan (Wiccan), Teddy Altman (half Kree-half Skrull Hulkling), or even introducing characters like She-Hulk, White Tiger, Nova, Spider-Girl, Silk, X-23, Jocasta, Patriot, or any number of young X-Men like Iceman, Nightcrawler, Armor, or even Franklin Richards or Amadeus Cho.

Reaction score
Just an addendum:
I think the first MCU Marvel movie will be New Mutants.

I think they'll be incorporated into the MCU and may stay a bit separated, but we could see some crossover. The other X-Men will be entirely recast. Wolfsbane, Magik, Moonstar, Cannonball, and Sunspot could be a fun Young X-Men team to follow. I really like Charlie Heaton from 'Stranger Things' Maisie Williams from 'Game of Thrones', Anya Taylor Joy from 'Split'... I think all these actors are super up and comers.

I'm hoping that somehow we get an end credits scene in Avengers IV that teases the Fantastic Four, but that's probably not likely.

Reaction score
Honestly if they leverage the TV part of Marvel (Which they absolutely should) They have established at least 2 groups of inhumans living among the current MCU. So the idea that the Xmen are either being set up or already established is not a stretch storywise at all.

Start with X men actually being a school (crazy I know) instead of the semi super powered military force they end up being. (Come to our school where you can learn about your powers & be safe, also we will weekly send you off to a super powered war zone to meet exciting people & kill them.

Magneto has already been (semi) introduced update his story to involve a Russan super powered concentration camp. (It been hinted in AoS, when the russian wanted to "create" a home for inhumans)

As far as F4, I like to see a background throwaway line that their spaceship was lost, put it in one of the series or movies, When they finally arrive on Earth they have their powers, know how to use them & maybe would have had a cosmic adventure or two.

Reaction score
Honestly if they leverage the TV part of Marvel (Which they absolutely should) They have established at least 2 groups of inhumans living among the current MCU. So the idea that the Xmen are either being set up or already established is not a stretch storywise at all.

Start with X men actually being a school (crazy I know) instead of the semi super powered military force they end up being. (Come to our school where you can learn about your powers & be safe, also we will weekly send you off to a super powered war zone to meet exciting people & kill them.

Magneto has already been (semi) introduced update his story to involve a Russan super powered concentration camp. (It been hinted in AoS, when the russian wanted to "create" a home for inhumans)

As far as F4, I like to see a background throwaway line that their spaceship was lost, put it in one of the series or movies, When they finally arrive on Earth they have their powers, know how to use them & maybe would have had a cosmic adventure or two.
You are correct that Inhumans already exist at least on TV. Perhaps they'll call the next wave of them Inhuman mutations or Mutants. The Inhumans TV show will be ignored, so I wouldn't take anything from that. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD has used Inhumans and I so wish they would just go ahead and transition Quake to the big screen. She's really the only major Inhuman player. (Yoyo and a few others I know)

I don't know that I want to see a school right away. I really don't want another X-Men origin movie. Not entirely sure how they avoid that.

Reaction score
I guess my suggestion make the first introduction about protecting the already established school & give them a reason to come out of the shadows. This avoids another origin story while giving them a proper introducing. But please don't retread storylines that have already been told.

GNT

Reaction score
It'd probably still be a few years after acquiring the rights back before we see them fully incorporated into the Marvel Universe but it's promising. I don't want to see a reboot again but maybe a film that jumps straight into the action with maybe a small flashback to how they got their powers.

Reaction score
Pretty darn convenient how Thanos showed up very close to the Fox buyout! Coincidence, or planned? :hmm:

I too don't like the idea of an X-Men reboot, I'm not interested in that start over. Is the movie going audience not smart enough to know that all these characters exist in Marvel, so that one day you'll see Wolverine as an Avenger? Or that characters just start showing up in the MCU, does it really need to be explained in film with reboots and origin stories?

Reaction score
I too don't like the idea of an X-Men reboot, I'm not interested in that start over. Is the movie going audience not smart enough to know that all these characters exist in Marvel, so that one day you'll see Wolverine as an Avenger? Or that characters just start showing up in the MCU, does it really need to be explained in film with reboots and origin stories?
At this point I think all the X-characters could be brought in without an origin story. As for the FF, I really, really, really, really, really want an MCU origin story for them. One that includes Victor Von Doom and the Mole Man. I want a big, purple Galactus, Ahhihilus and maybe even the Impossible Man.

Reaction score
Pretty darn convenient how Thanos showed up very close to the Fox buyout! Coincidence, or planned? :hmm:

Unfortunately I don't know that the general movie goer does understand anything outside of what they've seen in the movies. I don't think we'll see another X-men titled movie for awhile (after Dark Phoenix that is), but they'll need to be careful with how they incorporate the X-characters because people have seen Halle Berry and Alexandra Shipp as Storm. We'd need a new iteration and I vote for the full on African Queen Ororo.

I have a friend that was totally confused by Maul in Solo because he had no concept of him coming back... he was as dead as any character we've ever seen in Star Wars. So having a 3rd Storm? not sure. Maybe drop the code names at first?

I think you can introduce new characters without a full blown origin story I mean Lando just shows up and we are meant to understand he and Han have a history. Black Widow and Hawkeye didn't get a full background really in the MCU. I'm hoping that Marvel can find a way to gradually introduce these characters and perhaps eventually they have a team up... kinda like the Avengers.

I could see Storm introduced in Black Panther. Beast could be incorporated anywhere before his blue fur mutation... in fact I'd have him and Hank Pym in a Fantastic Four movie. I've never been a big fan of Cyclops or Jean Grey so meh. Wolverine would be the hardest one maybe because of his recognizability. I might go with Gambit or Shadowcat or Iceman as a major player before some of the others. Gambit actually has a good backstory as a thief. Kitty Pryde may have been overdone already, but Iceman could be good fun. Frozone and Killer Frost from Arrow (DC) have shown some cool stuff that could be done with him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again--Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends: The Movie
Can't tell if you are kidding or serious, but I'd be all in for this. They'd have to work on the back story, but I loved the cartoon.

Reaction score
If/when the X-Men are introduced into the MCU, it'll be difficult not to tread on some of the same ground as the Fox movies. That said, I don't want to see a full-blown origin story in the sense that we see what "created" mutants.

I'd rather it be established that they've been around for a long time but have mostly kept to themselves. Nick Fury has known about them but made a deal decades earlier with Charles Xavier and Magneto that he'd keep mutants "off the books" as far as the rest of the world is concerned as long as they keep a low profile, which is what most of them wanted anyway. Xavier was on board, but Magneto only reluctantly agreed. A few mutant sightings notwithstanding, the arrangement seemed to work for many years. But over the last ten years, as more and more super-powered individuals have cropped up, Magneto has grown less willing to hold up his end of the deal. He doesn't believe mutants should have to hide when people like Cap, Banner, Spidey, Strange, etc. are allowed to showcase their powers, and, in many cases, be hailed as heroes for it. He wants to go public, Xavier wants to stay underground and that causes a rift in the mutant community, forcing Xavier and his X-Men out into the open to stop Magneto and the mutants who agree with him. Of course, when all is said is done, everyone is aware of mutants and they feel mistrust towards them because they've walked among "us" for so long in secret.

I know a lot of this has been covered in the Fox movies, but I think it's important to establish the basic backstory and relationships of the X-Men and Magneto, as well as the "politics" with the mutant community and how they affect their relationship with the rest of the world and the other superheroes. From there, any number of stories could be told. The first MCU X-Men movie would focus on Xavier, Magneto, the five original X-Men, and a few other mutants who'd be needed to round out Magneto's "bad guys."

But before that, there'd of course be a post-credits sequence to set up the X-Men movie. It would be a shameless, unapologetic re-do of the MCU's first post-credits scene. The first thing we see is the wheels of Xavier's wheelchair rolling though the mansion. He goes through a set of double doors into a room where Nick Fury is standing with his back to him. Fury turns around and says "Hello, Charles." Xavier responds "Nicholas. It's been a long time." Fury starts to talk and Xavier interrupts him "Don't tell me. You're here to talk about the X-Men Initiative."

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only problem with that is that I've already seen it.

There is almost nothing in your suggestion, beyond Nick Fury being involved, that hasn't already been done. Wouldn't you really rather have an alternate take on all this? I'd leave Xavier and Magneto, the school, and especially Mystique out of all of this at first.

I'd use the Essex Corporation and Mr. Sinister. (I know this was sort of set up by the current X-Men timeline, but what didn't they do?) I'd absolutely use Gambit and make the story an almost origin for him and include characters like Polaris, Psylocke and Havok in the story perhaps all working for Sinister. I'd then have Colossus cross over from the Deadpool series (Deadpool is going X-Force anyway) and you have a team sorta like this. With Colossus involved, you get the idea that the X Mansion exists without having to explain it all.

Reaction score
Leaving Mystique out is fine, but I think if the X-Men are going to be brought into the MCU, you have to address the relationship between Xavier and Magneto at some point. It's integral to the overall theme of the X-Men story in a way that other hero/villain relationships aren't. Green Goblin and Doc Ock are important Spider-Man villains, but their absence doesn't necessarily change the essence of the story.

I just don't see the first X-Men film in the MCU not featuring Xavier, Magneto, and the school.

Reaction score
Leaving Mystique out is fine, but I think if the X-Men are going to be brought into the MCU, you have to address the relationship between Xavier and Magneto at some point. It's integral to the overall theme of the X-Men story in a way that other hero/villain relationships aren't. Green Goblin and Doc Ock are important Spider-Man villains, but their absence doesn't necessarily change the essence of the story.

I just don't see the first X-Men film in the MCU not featuring Xavier, Magneto, and the school.
Well, let me politely hope that you are wrong. Magneto would be great to add at some point. Xavier is boring and they'll never do better than Patrick Stewart. It will be hard enough to come close to what Hugh Jackman did with Wolverine, but I think they can go a little shorter and stockier and more feral and get a new version in there.

I see 2 levels really of X-Men. We already see New Mutants, which may or may not be added to the MCU? I think that means we will likely have an older group and a younger group eventually in the MCU, so ... school I guess. I understand the need for a dynamic between Mutant rights and Mutant domination, I just feel it's been played already so many ways. The MCU will (should) mix things up I think (hope).

Reaction score
Honestly, I think Jackman, Stewart, and McKellen are all going to be tough acts to follow but I don't believe leaving out any of those characters is remotely an option. I think the MCU will shake things up but not to the extent that they would even consider making X-Men movies without Charles Xavier.

Reaction score
Depending on the outcome of Infinity War, and how hey explain who doesn't actually die. Or how it is that those deaths are nullified per say. And your insistence on the "alternate reality" or "quantum realms", they could introduce Mutants very differently than how Fox did it. Or even how it was done in Comics.
Maybe in the new reality there was no school for the gifted, perhaps Inhumans and Mutants are all the same. Considering MCU already covered some of the Mutant issues with the Sokovia accords, that could all be folded in. If they don't ever plan on doing X-Men titled movies again, they'll be fine by just single introductions that pertain to that character. Otherwise there could be some double dipping going on.

The MCU is already very large w/o Mutants, can they really manage separate movies for them too? Or would they just let FOX continue status quo?

They already have their hands full with several movies per year, so West Coast Avengers probably wasnt going to happen. But that is where we could have seen Black Widow and Hawkeye shine on their own, with a few other non enhanced people. Like Mockingbird, Clay Quartermain, and Maria Hill. etc. ?

Reaction score
Let Fox continue the status quo? Not a chance. There's no way Disney buys Fox and doesn't bring the FF and X-Men into the MCU. That would make zero sense.

Reaction score
it would be smart to piggy-back some X-characters into the 'infinity war 2' movie. the MCU has built its audience over time starting with Ironman1. the audience is now huge, and the studio should take full advantage.. like they did with their acquisition of spiderman (where his fist 'marvel' appearance was actually in a captain america movie, with an already-huge audience). if they throw a few X-men into the new avengers movie (a new recast wolverine maybe?) then this would go a long way towards leveraging 'acceptance' for the new reboots of the X-franchises (c/w new actors for every role, which could go either way). since the Avengers(tm) has an already-huge established audience, this would give any new X-characters the BEST possible exposure for their debut into the MCU. like maybe.. the avengers find themselves short-handed now that half their team is dead-from-Thanos, so they team-up with some "new" characters not yet seen in the MCU. enter: Wolverine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just maybe, in one of those quantum realms. They find Wolverine(Hugh Jackman), and bring him along for the trip. But he doesn't survive the end, creating an opening for a recast in the near future.

The alternate reality does open the window for these "unknown" characters to debut without the baggage of explanations on why we haven't seen them yet.
I know that some people want every minute explained in detail, but most of this can be extrapolated from common knowledge. Or by your nerd friend sitting next to you. Surely people still discuss what happens in the movies afterwards right?

Reaction score
Just maybe, in one of those quantum realms. They find Wolverine(Hugh Jackman), and bring him along for the trip. But he doesn't survive the end, creating an opening for a recast in the near future.

The alternate reality does open the window for these "unknown" characters to debut without the baggage of explanations on why we haven't seen them yet.
I know that some people want every minute explained in detail, but most of this can be extrapolated from common knowledge. Or by your nerd friend sitting next to you. Surely people still discuss what happens in the movies afterwards right?
I'm not a fan of movies that have to over explain things. I look at Hawkeye, Black Widow Black Panther, Scarlett Witch, Falcon, Spider-Man... none of them needed a full movie to be introduced and accepted. Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto will be tough to reinvent, but I think they have to find a way.

Just because New York and Sakovia have been big in the MCU news doesn't mean we can't have another group in Chicago or Los Angeles or Wyoming or something. We could see many take up arms after their loved ones turned to frosted flakes.

Reaction score
If Disney does make a new X-Men series of movies I hope that they adopt the cast and storylines from the more recent X-Men series (First class etc) as those actors were great and the story was enjoyable. I think the biggest issue is going to be who to cast for Wolverine with Hugh Jackman walking away from the role.

Reaction score
If Disney does make a new X-Men series of movies I hope that they adopt the cast and storylines from the more recent X-Men series (First class etc) as those actors were great and the story was enjoyable. I think the biggest issue is going to be who to cast for Wolverine with Hugh Jackman walking away from the role.
Never going to happen. I agree that Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence and Patrick Stewart and McKellen, and Hoult etc. are fantastic. However, just like Disney didn't want to attempt to write around the established EU of Star Wars, there is no way they are not going to create their own stories without the baggage of 10 movies (is that right? including Dark Phoenix).

Now Deadpool might actually be incorporated... that's not so convoluted. And let me say I like all the X-Men movies. I wish they'd been better in many areas, but I watched and enjoyed them all.

Reaction score
I do not envy the guys who have to fill the shoes of Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellen. That's a tough act to follow. I still argue that Patrick Stewart as Prof. X was among the best casting ever. I mean...look at him. He LOOKS like him to a tee. We all wanted him for the role...and then in 2000 it happened. It was a dream come true. And the Fox X-Men Franchise, while it's hip to hate on anything Marvel that's not MCU, really produced some fantastic films. Yes also some lousy, but when they got it right...boy did they. Days of Future Past is easily one of my favorite comic book movies ever. So I'm cautiously optimistic about what they will do with X-Men if they 100% acquire the rights.

Now FF on the other hand, things can only get better under MCU.

Reaction score
technically Stewart and McKellen have already been recast (McAvoy and Fassbender).
and, while Jackman is the only actor to play Wolverine, this is sort of unique. it's not to be expected, by the audience.
the genre (and more importantly the audience) is accepting of new actors in comic book roles (in general).
so in this case I don't think it will be a problem.

it's not like Indiana Jones or Han Solo (wrong genre) -- it's more like Batman (where recasts are expected).
when it comes to comic book movies, wolverine is the exception; not the rule....
....so fans of these movies won't be expecting Jackman to play the role exclusively. (like they do for Harrison Ford as Indy).

I suspect we're headed for a LOT of new recastings, now that the MCU actors' contracts are coming to a close.
will they recast Tony Stark and Steve Rogers? (or kill them off forever? this doesn't seem likely with bankable characters like Iron-Man and Captain America).
I think reboots are inevitable. and the audience accepts this, as part of the genre.

I think the new wolverine actor will fly under the radar (because?) he will come at the same time as a new F4 cast and a new cast of mutants all across the board.
along with (maybe) new MCU actors in familiar roles (as those contracts expire and those actors retire).

there will be a lot of changes coming at the same time, I predict the new Wolverine will be the least of everyone's problems. LOL :p

Reaction score
technically Stewart and McKellen have already been recast (McAvoy and Fassbender).
and, while Jackman is the only actor to play Wolverine, this is sort of unique. it's not to be expected, by the audience.
the genre (and more importantly the audience) is accepting of new actors in comic book roles (in general).
so in this case I don't think it will be a problem.

it's not like Indiana Jones or Han Solo (wrong genre) -- it's more like Batman (where recasts are expected).
when it comes to comic book movies, wolverine is the exception; not the rule....
....so fans of these movies won't be expecting Jackman to play the role exclusively. (like they do for Harrison Ford as Indy).

I suspect we're headed for a LOT of new recastings, now that the MCU actors' contracts are coming to a close.
will they recast Tony Stark and Steve Rogers? (or kill them off forever? this doesn't seem likely with bankable characters like Iron-Man and Captain America).
I think reboots are inevitable. and the audience accepts this, as part of the genre.

I think the new wolverine actor will fly under the radar (because?) he will come at the same time as a new F4 cast and a new cast of mutants all across the board.
along with (maybe) new MCU actors in familiar roles (as those contracts expire and those actors retire).

there will be a lot of changes coming at the same time, I predict the new Wolverine will be the least of everyone's problems. LOL :p
I think recasting a younger version of Xavier and Magneto was easier than it will be to recast Wolverine, Stark, or Rogers. We have a lot of history in those three in particular. I'm kind of hoping they rest Stark and Rogers for a few years and then find a way to pull them from the multiverse or something... different actors in same roles. I agree that adding in X-Men and Fantastic Four would be the time to introduce a new Stark or Rogers.

Not sure how something like that would go over, but I'd be fine with Capt Marvel instead of Iron Man and Bucky Cap or Falcon Cap.

Wolverine for me just needs to be much shorter and stockier and more feral from the beginning. I don't have an actor in mind but there has to be a short stocky animal out there that has the acting chops.

Reaction score
Kevin Feige has recently said that they've got no plans for these characters at the moment.

Buuuuuut you know they're working on something considering how quickly they were able to slot in a Spider-Man movie after they got the green light to use him in the MCU from Sony.

Reaction score
Kevin Feige has recently said that they've got no plans for these characters at the moment.

Buuuuuut you know they're working on something considering how quickly they were able to slot in a Spider-Man movie after they got the green light to use him in the MCU from Sony.
You know they got plans, but I wouldn't expect to see a movie with any of the Fox characters in the MCU until 2021 at the absolute earliest and probably later realistically. MAYBE a throw in character somewhere? We've all heard they have GOTG 3, Black Panther 2, and Doctor Strange 2 which will likely be in the mix for the 2020 movies and possibly a Black Widow movie. I would think they'll want something more original than 4 sequels to follow Avengers 4 (Spider-Man, BP, DStrange, GOTG) so I'll bet Black Widow gets in there.

That leaves 2 more movies minimum for 2020 and there is talk of an Eternals? movie... or I'd think something else "Cosmic" as we've been told... like Nova.

Reaction score
Yeah, the don't have any plans for individual movies for those characters. But they could be utilized anywhere, for instance Tony in Spider-Man.

I'm totally on pins and needles waiting for Captain Marvel!

Also feel it's time for Nova to show up. as well as a few others. They honestly could keep going with just Avenger Movies w/o doing solo ones if need be. Gonna be very different landscape after Thanos.

Reaction score
I predict we'll see some surprise cameos from X-characters in the IW2 movie.

Reaction score
I predict we'll see some surprise cameos from X-characters in the IW2 movie.
If they have the deal worked out by Avengers 4, it is possible as an end credit or something... but I'd put the odds at about 3,720 to 1.

IF they did anything, my vote would be for them to show an American ship in space with 4 passengers affected by Thanos' shenanigans as a quick break away end credit. OR show an awakened Galactus. OR show a silver streak appear in the sky.

Reaction score
I think it might be too soon for IW2 to deal with anything related to those characters. Unless they knew about said possible dealings early on, and had written two story treatments just in case. But still, they filmed both movies together didn't they? With some of it shooting now. So nothing too extreme would be changed.

They could hint at F4 like above, or any number of segways. heck they could even throw in Spidey to help fight Galactus!
IMHO, I'd like to see one of the GOTG Movies team up with the Starjammers. As it's highly doubtful they'll get their own movie.

Reaction score
Any new thoughts on when we'll see the X-Men in the MCU? I believe I heard 2021 as the earliest.

I'm seriously hoping for some sort of Young Avengers / Champions / Avengers Academy sort of thing. I know nothing is written in stone, but from rumors and such it looks like we have Cassie Lang, Kate Bishop and Monica Rambeau set up?

Would it be too difficult to imagine Sam Alexander (Nova), Scott Summers (Cyclops), and Amadeus Cho (Hulk) joining these three? Throw in a Riri Williams (Ironheart) and Kamela Khan (Ms Marvel) and you got a great team going.

*for the uninitiated that's Stature (like Ant-Man), Hawkeye (like Hawkeye), Photon/Spectrum (like Cap Marvel), with Nova, Cyclops, Hulk, Ironheart (Iron Man), and stretchy Ms Marvel... I'm in 100% ** Throw in Miles Morales (Spider-Man) somehow and I'm in 200%.

Reaction score
Legally speaking, Marvel Studios couldn't even begin planning projects for formerly-Fox owned characters until the acquisition was complete. So yeah, I'd bet on 2021 at the very earliest.

It may not be a bad idea to go with 2022 or 2023, simply to distance themselves from the Fox-run franchises and generate a bit more demand among general audiences.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Legally speaking, Marvel Studios couldn't even begin planning projects for formerly-Fox owned characters until the acquisition was complete.
I thought they had a similar issue with Spidey. I'm still betting there will at least be a reference post-credits for Endgame.

Reaction score
I'm pretty shocked that we haven't heard more about mutants entering the MCU by now. Has there been any confirmed mutant talk? I know rumors about Ms Marvel, Eternals, Henry Cavill???? but nothing confirmed from what I understand. Eternals is set a long time ago apparently so they create mutants? Did Thanos and the snap activate a mutant gene? Will New Mutants ever be released at this point ... and is it IN the MCU or not? I need some news now that the supervillain Corona has put us all in time-out.

Reaction score
Scarlet witch is the 1st "mutant" we will see, if anything I would expect some kind of set up in her TV show.

We have seen in the TV shows at least 2 groups of inhumans have been running about for years, so the idea of Prof X having a school somewhere is not out of the question.

Reaction score
I've heard the rumors that they are slowly introducing the Mutant angle into the MCU, so Scarlet Witch seems like the best place to start. Though Eternals also will likely explain it more in detail? It's totally possible that the snap may have activated them, though it would then cause a mass outing rather then the slow build up. Which would mean no teams with experience, just a bunch of rookies just staring out.

I would hope that they would approach it differently, and that Mutants were a thing for along. Just kept under the radar similar to how SHIELD operated and searched for "anomalies".

Actually, they could slowly start introducing individual characters in appropriate movies. Such as Captain Marvel 2 could show us how Rogue gets her powers of flight strength etc. As opposed to doing a whole movies around several characters as a reboot.

Having this delay may also push back schedules for everything, and how far is still uncertain. So we may end up not knowing till much later than we wee expecting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the snap will activate the mutant gene. and I agree, introducing one character at a time would be the way to go, (followed by a 'tentpole' movie to bring them all together, like the way they did it the first time, with Avengers1) -- introducing Rogue in the next Captain Marvel movie would be a good place to start.