Disney B.A.D Parts

Reaction score
Wonder what you mean by the "larger ones?" These sets at Target aren't the same size as Hasbro or Disney BAD station 3¾" droids?

Reaction score
Wonder what you mean by the "larger ones?" These sets at Target aren't the same size as Hasbro or Disney BAD station 3¾" droids?
larger meaning the ones currently at the park that you can build 000 droids.jpg but these at target are 3.75" scaled. There are also 12" hero scaled R2 and BB units at target ($12.99) each that are blank ie all white, that you customize to any color scheme you like https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2020...-galaxys-edge-design-a-droid-bb-and-r2-units/

Reaction score
Looks like the Droid Factory is coming to Target! These are the only two pics available so far, so we don't know how many unique droid parts are offered, but each box contains either two complete BB units, or one complete astromech with an extra head. Available in-store starting Sept 1st.

I have a Target showing stock this am, but they’re probably register locked.

Reaction score
larger meaning the ones currently at the park that you can build View attachment 360939 but these at target are 3.75" scaled. There are also 12" hero scaled R2 and BB units at target ($12.99) each that are blank ie all white, that you customize to any color scheme you like https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2020...-galaxys-edge-design-a-droid-bb-and-r2-units/
So those less talented(cough***me) are asking...how do you customize? Are there decal sheets or accessories forthcoming like at GE in Batuu?

Reaction score
I have a Target showing stock this am, but they’re probably register locked.
thats what being reported. i may try later today myself. kinda sucks when there's a target circle coupon spend 50 save 10 out there now, but expires 8/29. Maybe if reg locked, they can hold til sunday.??
So those less talented(cough***me) are asking...how do you customize? Are there decal sheets or accessories forthcoming like at GE in Batuu?
i read each includes decals, but i'm sure some will paint them instead

Reaction score
Okay, so good news/bad news with the new Droid Depot astromechs coming to Target this weekend...

Good news: All three of the astromechs are R2 domes, though the orange one is cast in clear plastic, which is how they make the R3 domes of the r/c droids in Galaxy's Edge.

Bad news: Only the red R2 unit seems to include an extra dome. The orange one comes with rocket boosters instead of an extra dome (lame!). And while I can't tell what the extra accessory is that comes with the purple R2, it's definitely not an extra dome.:(

At least they're only $9.99 each, which is less than standard TVC figures, so there's that I guess. Hope I can find some this weekend! Thanks to Yakface for the pics.

Screenshot_2020-08-26 Yakface ( yak_face) • Instagram photos and videos(1).pngScreenshot_2020-08-26 Yakface ( yak_face) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Reaction score
Another look at these sets, via ebay. Very disappointed to see the red R2 unit has silver panels on the dome instead of white. Really wanted to make a proper R3-T2. It's odd, because these droids' colors all correspond to parts that are available with the larger r/c droids at Droid Depot, but there is no red R2 with silver panels available there. Only red with white, which is what we all wanted after seeing that initial pic a few days ago.😕

s-l160000.jpg

Reaction score
these are a bit disappointing in that there's not much variation to existing BaDs. In another thread, someone posted a poster w/ current parts for the lreger park BaDs that these are based off. The red should've had white panels not silver. I wish the other 2 had the corresponding R4 domes. A black -orange droid w/ white-orange dome wouldn't look bad imho. The BBs look more accurate to that poster

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you on that. It feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity to me. I'm disappointed that the black droid does not have a clear dome, as originally assumed, nor the red droid white panels on the dome, which would have been my preference over silver. White legs on the red droid are also a bit odd in my opinion. Ah well. They're still fun, just not quite as awesome as I had originally hoped. Hopefully these do well and we get more desirable selections in follow up waves.

My dream would be for Hasbro to tool up a CB-23 dome and included that in one of the BB packs in wave 2. She has the same body geometry as BB-8, so it'd only be the dome that was new. And I think we all agree that extra domes shipping with R-series droids beat out other accessories every time.

I'll still be excited to add these to my collection, regardless. Finers crossed on availability, tomorrow...

Reaction score
snagged a set of the 6 droid depot sets at target this AM. The grey dome for black/orange is a bit more welcoming to me than the previously assumed clear R3 dome.

EDIT...I stand corrected, the black droid does indeed have a clear R3 dome. It's not as clear as other R3s not as frosty as the one blue R3 from TLC line.. but not grey. Not sure why it appears solid grey on target site.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got a few of these today. I'm always excited to see new stuff in the 3.75 line, but I can't help but feel like this is another missed opportunity for Hasbro. Why not create a few new BB unit heads and give us some droids that are actually in media. I know the 2 droids are in the Disney line but without balljoint heads and not as easy to come by.

Attachments

Reaction score
Yes! Hoping any future waves might introduce new tooling like those droids. I'd especially like to get CB-23 at some point, and these droids from Resistance, as well...

MB-13A, red-trimmed First Order BB unit, Bo Keevil's droid SC-X2, and Norath's droid 2BR-NTB.

bbdROIDS.jpg