Disney B.A.D Parts

Reaction score
It's funny, the colors on them (excluding the white one) remind me of the Black Series packaging!

Reaction score
^ well there is the archivei series that is light grey highlighted.

So, I wonder if there's anyone wanting only the vehicles, not not the droids....

Reaction score
Seeing as the droid is part of the ride vehicle in the actual attraction, seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The droids can be removed... I imagine someone will look to sell them separately on e-bay eventually but I doubt they'll be cheap.

Reaction score
I'll probably be able to recoup some of the cost by selling the transports & pods on ebay, like the Mickey Starfighter etc. But 4 slightly different variants is taking the P.

I think I'll wait for the prices to drop like the sandcrawler, while watching a certain e-bay seller.

Reaction score
I'm considering that too (especially if Hasbro limits 3.75 tvc next year for tvc- so far, it's not looking to promising) or custom paint spare parts to match the blue, orange and red ones. White on droids, I find harder to paint properly. One can hope they release a 4 pk w/ all 4 droids or release them as parts in the rumored new b.a.d.s batch coming.
As far as waiting for price drop, I'm still waiting for depot play set to drop in price. I've heard the color change sets are not selling well at parks which makes no sence for them not to go ahead and offer them on the website/app to reach a larger market.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope so too. It would be really helpful if anyone going soon can confirm if the colors can be found in the build your own droid bins.
I also see a problem of people reselling the ships but switching out the droids if they are unique to the set.
No luck with parts in the bins. I checked yesterday.

Reaction score
I'm considering that too (especially if Hasbro limits 3.75 tvc next year for tvc- so far, it's not looking to promising) or custom paint spare parts to match the blue, orange and red ones. White on droids, I find harder to paint properly. One can hope they release a 4 pk w/ all 4 droids or release them as parts in the rumored new b.a.d.s batch coming.
As far as waiting for price drop, I'm still waiting for depot play set to drop in price. I've heard the color change sets are not selling well at parks which makes no sence for them not to go ahead and offer them on the website/app to reach a larger market.
I agree! I want the playset but not paying the crazy eBay prices. I found the sets for a reasonable price. Should be on the app

Reaction score
^ speaking of eBay, I've been hoping they'd have those % off coupons again for the holiday but not 1 showed up, or at least in my acct. I got a bunch last year.

Reaction score
So it seems the rumors of a new assortment of parts coming to BAD stations were exactly that: a rumor. The launch of Disney+, The Mandalorian, and Rise of Skywalker, seems like it would have been the perfect time to introduce some long overdue freshness to the BAD stations. Bummer it turned out to be bunk.

Reaction score
Maybe, but maybe not. In the past the BAD parts resets have happened arund April/May, so I think it is still very possible we may see a new suite of parts in a few months' time. I am hopeful. :)

Reaction score
I'd love to find a way to make that awesome gondola astromech using BAD parts. Seems like it needs an original BAD astro body and maybe HK-47? I'm not even sure if they are compatible.

Reaction score
The shoulders reminded me of the old Tartkovsky Clone Wars Micro Series Lancer Droids, of which there is also a 3.75" figure, but he has a second smaller set of arms beneath them, as well. I hope we get some good imagery of this character in a hypothetical upcoming visual dictionary or similar book.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'd love to find a way to make that awesome gondola astromech using BAD parts. Seems like it needs an original BAD astro body and maybe HK-47? I'm not even sure if they are compatible.
How accurate does it need to be?

One BAD + 2 different sized battle droids + washers and plastic = this droid.

Reaction score
^ Cool custom. Disney REALLY needs a mando 4 pk ...this droid, regular taxi astromech, "zero" and bounty hunter, droid...repainted grey jawa in a expansion type set w/ extra accessories, umbrellas etc compatible to thier sandcrawler. I guess taxi droid could come w/ taxi as part of that proposed "expansion" asst. I'm sure there another astromech to toss into this hypothetical 4pk that I'm forgetting about.. ....oh yeah, there is the cantina bartender EV droid for the 4pk,, but that'll be new tooling for Disney. I was thinking of mostly reusing older parts. By taxi droid I mean this one..FullSizeR.jpg

Utinniii

Reaction score
^ Cool custom. Disney REALLY needs a mando 4 pk ...this droid, regular taxi astromech, "zero" and bounty hunter, droid...repainted grey jawa in a expansion type set w/ extra accessories, umbrellas etc compatible to thier sandcrawler. I guess taxi droid could come w/ taxi as part of that proposed "expansion" asst. I'm sure there another astromech to toss into this hypothetical 4pk that I'm forgetting about.. ....oh yeah, there is the cantina bartender EV droid for the 4pk,, but that'll be new tooling for Disney. I was thinking of mostly reusing older parts. By taxi droid I mean this one..View attachment 342396
When it says Astromech collection, does it mean the bigger figs or 3.75 scale?

My 4 pack would be
Taxi droid, Gondola droid, Zero = Bounty hunting droid (different bandoliers), and Shrimp harvester.
The R1/Solo droid would be cool

OR
4Pack small
Taxi, R1 Security, Shrimp, R1/Solo

4Pack Tall
IG Nanny, Republic Prision droid, Zero, Gondola

Reaction score
Would love for Hasbro or Disney to release the astromech taxi vehicle, with the 'mech. Not only do I want that droid, but I want the classic ANH cube props it's towing in the back!

The gondola and shrimp-harvest droids would also be awesome. If we were looking to round out a 4-pack, and keep it somewhat astromech focused (even though gondola and shrimp droids are heavily modified 'mechs), there is the white/black/gray R5 unit we saw in a couple episodes (first two eps, I believe).

Reaction score
When it says Astromech collection, does it mean the bigger figs or 3.75 scale?
i don't think that meant a figure scale, only a social group, my friend sent me that pic as a screen shot showing me a new astro in Mandalorian and he too commented at that time, he'd like to see Disney/DF line tackle that droid/cart set

Reaction score
I would also love a Resistance Aces droid pack. Griff was featured in last night's episode, and his droid is wicked.
I second a pack like this. Would be awesome if Hasbro decided to finish the pilots as well.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Reaction score
If only! Sign me up! Sadly, I don't think it is realistic to expect any further support for Resistance from Hasbro at this point, but Disney may yet circle back and surprise us. They did produce BADs based on Clone Wars droids long after that show was done.

Reaction score
Same here! I too thought Griff's was interestingly different while still being the same. Though he could easily be made with existing part if one wanted to, but likely be too costly. I also like the T3-M4 looking droid, definitely would buy that one!

The one with the tall dome isn't my bag, but just about anything new would be refreshing. lol

Reaction score
Any rumblings in rumor mill about a new wave of BaDs or excl singles or 4 pks coming?

Reaction score
Sadly, no. I'm sure the tradition of annual 4-packs will continue (at least, I hope), but it seems Disney is done making new parts for the BAD stations. There were rumors a few months ago of some new parts coming, but honestly, if they were, it would have happened by now. Disney loves to cross-promote, and if they didn't drop any new parts to coincide with the release of Episode IX or The Mandalorian, it's a safe bet that nothing new is coming.

Reaction score
Maybe at tf they'll reveal a mando set or new set from cw. In a way, I kinda wish they'd done a 4 pk w/ all 4 evac r5 variants. But they r ez enough to customize I suppose. It was a bit disappointing not to have gotten a d23 excl BaD last summer

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe at tf they'll reveal a mando set or new set from cw. In a way, I kinda wish they'd done a 4 pk w/ all 4 evac r5 variants. But they r ez enough to customize I suppose. It was a bit disappointing not to have gotten a d23 excl BaD last summer
Disney doesn't reveal their park merch at NYTF. It normally happens at their D23 events in the summer.

Reaction score
^ There's celebration in Anaheim this spring as well. Ideal for Disney reveals too I would guess since D23 is not every year

Reaction score
With all the "Child" merch revealed for later this spring, maybe we will see something new from Mando, like a Parks 4 pack. Seems to me like they would have some sort of new parks merch to kick off summer. Also, it would make sense to keep the Sandcrawler in stock now, since it plays such a visible role in The Mandolorian. They could easily keep pumping out droids to go with it.

Reaction score
There are rumors there's going to be a Rebels follow-up season coming either this fall or early next year -- I think that would get some attention. Hopefully they will also have figured out what they are doing with the Kenobi and Cassian shows so they can give more info there, and begin the promotion for those.

And it would make sense that, after the TROS cycle has fully completed, they start talking about the schedule for the next era of movies. Fingers crossed, at least.

Reaction score
Worth re-commenting...it'd be great if Disney would have an accessory assortment similar to hasbros asst for 2002 saga that had 1 fig and a bunch of accessories. If the sandcrawler stays in circulation, an accessory set w/ outworld (ie repainted) jawa and sandcrawler rooftop accessories to add onto existing sandcrawler, would be grand. Also they could ideally release the Mandalorian taxi astromech w/ taxi/cart. Or the lava boat w/ droid driver. And would they dare rerelease just the g.e. evac cart w/ variant droids in such asst.?