Disney B.A.D Parts

Reaction score
Haven't seen these in hand yet? I'm assuming if they were out we'd see something here right?

Reaction score
^ they must been out for tff, maybe a small amount, because there's a few on ebay. Grant it at 2x tag price of 29.99

Last edited:
Reaction score
Haven't seen these in hand yet? I'm assuming if they were out we'd see something here right?
I'm at WDW and they are available, I picked them up Friday but I can't confirm if it was a TFF release or shortly before.

Reaction score
The best place to look in WDW is the launch bay near the little mermaid show in Hollywood studios. The best condition boxes, and they have build a droid.The only other BAD station is at the Star Wars shop in Disney springs near the lego shop.

Reaction score
^ maybe this wknd I hope. I 'll need to get 1 of these, poe's x wing and bb atst. Then I'm done for year until tvc wv3 is ready to go, but likely that won't be 'till start of 2020. Wait, I'll need galaxy edge play set too. And maybe a 2nd cz/R4 4pk

Reaction score
You mean ShopDisney app? The Disney Parks app was EOL'd earlier this year right?
The Shop Disney Parks app and site are gone, but you can access some Disney Parks stuff if you have the Disney World App. Click the three little lines on the bottom right of the app and select Shop Merchandise... You'll see this is called Shop Disney Parks and has Parks merchandise and YES, you will see the familiar green circle with 'In Store Only' on many items... making the option quite a bit less useful.

Reaction score
Just got the new 3-pack today, and now that I see them in-hand, they're even nicer than the photos we've seen so far. First of all, the blue plastic used for both blue 'mechs has a very nice pearlescent hue to it. Never noticed this in previous pics online. The downside to that is the plastic has that kind of 'swirl' look in random areas, but it's not too noticeable in normal lighting. The legs also feel to be made from a much more sturdy plastic. They're not as bendy as previous BAD legs. There was still a bit of warp-age due to how they were forced into the tray, but a minute under the hairdryer on low heat fixed that up. I'm also warming up to the R5 unit, surprisingly. The blue and red paint is much more muted than the colors previously used for the various R5-D4-esque clones. The patterns on the back are also just unique enough to warrant leaving it as-is (was considering customizing it before). Overall, a very nice set. R2-SHP might be my favorite new R2 unit! Please note that the dirt/weathering isn't as obvious looking to the naked eye. My phone's camera flash is making it look brighter than it actually is.

A few cons and random observations:

-The blue droids share the exact same dirt/weathering pattern, unfortunately.

-The two black chest panels on the blue droids are filled in nicely, but the red chest panels on the R5 suffer from the same issue as some previous Disney BADs, where they're not filled in properly.

-The stand on D-O is removable. Unfortunately, the strut connecting his wheel body to his neck is made of a very rubbery plastic, and is prone to warping.

Reaction score
Thanks EP, this is a definite buy for me... just a matter of how.

That is some odd weathering, but I'm excited to see these in person.

Now.... will they actually be in the movie? That's the big question ;)

Reaction score
Not keen on the weird printed dot matrix like dirt/weathering they've been using off & on for the past few years.

It looks too artificial, it would be more appropriate for "Comic Pack" figures.

Reaction score

That is some odd weathering, but I'm excited to see these in person.

Now.... will they actually be in the movie? That's the big question ;)
Well, allegedly they're from the scene with Babu Frik, the little droid builder guy, so I'm sure we'll see them in the background of his workshop. Whether or not they're actually activated or dormant is another question. Hope to see them rolling around!

Not keen on the weird printed dot matrix like dirt/weathering they've been using off & on for the past few years.

It looks too artificial, it would be more appropriate for "Comic Pack" figures.
I too would prefer a return to hand-painted weathering, as they did in the golden era of the R4-G9 mold, but I understand why they don't (a generic tampo likely saves time, manpower, and money). Fortunately the dot matrix aspect of the tampo isn't super noticeable from a regular distance of a few feet.

Reaction score
Here's link to where mine is coming from via ebay, there are others now also at 40 shipped. Given they are 30 at park, 7 to ship plus tax, 40 is quite reasonable imho since unavailable on app or online disney store ATM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Rise-Of-Skywalker-Droid-Factory-D-0-R5-2JE-R6-LE5-R2-SHP-Disney/293262435198?hash=item4447cda37e:g:tjgAAOSwlPFdl74~

BTW, shouldn't we have a thread devoted just for this 4pack?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, allegedly they're from the scene with Babu Frik, the little droid builder guy, so I'm sure we'll see them in the background of his workshop. Whether or not they're actually activated or dormant is another question. Hope to see them rolling around!

I too would prefer a return to hand-painted weathering, as they did in the golden era of the R4-G9 mold, but I understand why they don't (a generic tampo likely saves time, manpower, and money). Fortunately the dot matrix aspect of the tampo isn't super noticeable from a regular distance of a few feet.
Agreed, from normal viewing distance the dot matrix deco looks fine, but it is really bad for photos. I've seen a few figures, including the 6" that I was like what the heck??? but in person they look fine.

Reaction score
Here's link to where mine is coming from via ebay, there are others now also at 40 shipped. Given they are 30 at park, 7 to ship plus tax, 40 is quite reasonable imho since unavailable on app or online disney store ATM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Rise-Of-Skywalker-Droid-Factory-D-0-R5-2JE-R6-LE5-R2-SHP-Disney/293262435198?hash=item4447cda37e:g:tjgAAOSwlPFdl74~

BTW, shouldn't we have a thread devoted just for this 4pack?
It'll be on shopdisney.com eventually or in the Disney Stores. Gift cards are how I roll.

Reaction score
JTA (I know, I know...) has a rumor up that protocols are going away soon and once they are gone there may be a new group of astromechs.

I'm a little bummed about this as I wanted to see an increase of protocol parts (the "female" protocol droids from ROTS would have been really cool...) but I can totally see it being true as the astromechs certainly seemed more popular.

Reaction score
^ Even though a pipe dream, I'd like to see the 2012 prototype color schemes that didn't get made be included in this round like the green/ yellow r5, solid blue, and red r7 domes and the solid blue and white/ lavender r2 trunks. Plus parts to match some oddities from 2015 luke cyan r7/8 trunk & legs and white w/ brown highlighted r2 trunks. I m wanting to think 2012 photos included a purple r3-o3 trunk but was released as blue.

I hope they are not color changing though. Concept is nice, but so delicate trying to pose them changes colors

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd love some freshly tooled parts to be folded into the mix along with the old favourites if those parts bins are going to be refreshed. Bring on the Lothal astromechs and some of the Resistance series astro droids. I'd also love some LT droids from Solo and Rogue 1, though they might be better suited to carded or boxed releases than the parts bins. While we're talking two-packs and four-packs, how about repainting Chopper in his various disguises? I appreciate protocol droids may be going away, but how cool would an Imperial Chopper and AP-5 two-pack be? I'd love R3-A3 while we're at it. Or a D-squad box set? Come on Disney!

Reaction score
The Protocol Droids were a nice change of pace for sure, but I'm sure they have run their course if there were no plans to expand beyond the basic molds. IMO this could have been a way for the gold Droid from Maz's Castle to get a release! As well as a few other MIA Droids that Hasbro apparently doesn't want to touch. It's been a while now so a refresh is probably warranted. Considering the lack of Astromechs in the ST, I'm surprised by this. Means that they will have to focus on either unreleased OT Droids, or "reissues" perhaps?

I don't see why they couldn't run both at the same time, unless their factory just isn't set up for it. Because I would go for getting both, there are several I'd still like to see made. Like D-Squad, AP-5. Also wouldn't mind a better version of R2-A5, T3-M4 Also still hoping to get a KotoR style or T3-M4.

That said, with this rumor was it implied the new Astromechs would be 3.75" scale? Or perhaps they might start doing them in 6" scale?

Reaction score
Droid Depot is definitely a larger scale brand isn't it?

I just ordered the blue R2 and new R5 from the new 4 pack, and I don't mind buying the odd single figure, but starting over with another large 3.75" astromech range? I don't think I have the energy or the inclination to be honest. It's just too much hard work and expense for the international collector.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As an international collector, I hear and agree with you, DS, which is why I appreciate the heads-up, even if it is just a rumour. I can't bear to give up now, so I will have to start squirreling aside cash now so that I am ready when these hit, which they often do with little official warning.

Reaction score
I was just able to get the little Rise of Skywalker D-O Droid from the 4 pack for $10 on eBay. It's a lot for such a small piece of plastic but I figure it was better than dropping $35-$40 on the whole set when I don't really want the rest of them.

Reaction score
I don't plan to get them all, heck i never got all of the previous versions. It's almost impossible since I don't live across the street from Disney, and the real problem is building unique combinations.
I really only want a handful of unreleased OT Droids, as well as a couple "made up" versions. And an occasional kitbash here and there.

Reaction score
^ the way I did it was 1 each dome then a suitable torso/ leg combo. It most worked out w/ no more than 2 each torso. For some, I had extra TLC torsos/legs too. It took a while to complete but w/ patients and great ebay sellers as well as folks here, it was not that bad to complete. It was a way to fill in time gaps between Hasbro main line releases for me.

Reaction score
Would love for the new astromechs in Mandlorian to show up as BADs somewhere down the road. The speeder driver from 'The Sin' is a must-have.
I'd settle for that astromech and the big bug eyed droid bounty hunter in a 2 pack. But would need the speeder too.

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
So the new Disney Vehicle has color variants of the included Droid, Orange, Blue, or Red so far. I hope they are offered separately as BADs other wise its going to REALLY expensive to get them all. Not holding my breath through.

Add white to the list too.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I hope so too. It would be really helpful if anyone going soon can confirm if the colors can be found in the build your own droid bins.
I also see a problem of people reselling the ships but switching out the droids if they are unique to the set.