Disney B.A.D Parts

Reaction score
Everything pictured except for the red R5 should be fairly easy to put together at Disney Springs. The Star Wars Trading Post is on the east side behind Pin Traders. It’s the only place other than Launchbay inside Hollywood Studios to build droids, and the better option. Free garage parking or bus transportation to and from any Disney hotel. Lots of great food down there, too. Polite Pig BBQ, Blaze pizza and D-Lux burgers are all affordable favorites. There’s another Star Wars shop on the west side, Star Wars Outpost, and a Marvel Super Heroes Headquarters.
Thanks for letting me know! Bummer on the red R5, R5-K6 eludes me again I guess... Its cool its near the pin traders, my parents got my kids pins and lanyards to trade like two years ago and they are pumped to try and trade pins with folks in the parks. Anyone have advice for pin trading (off-topic; sorry).

Reaction score
The new droid sets are being listed on the app (along with the lack series sets). Obviously cannotnpurchase them and they have the dreaded in-parks only designation when you click on them. $40 for the news sets and it looks like $50 for the playset

Reaction score
The new droid sets are being listed on the app (along with the lack series sets). Obviously cannotnpurchase them and they have the dreaded in-parks only designation when you click on them. $40 for the news sets and it looks like $50 for the playset
Out of curiosity, how does that work? I get it that if you have app and are in park yourself, you can buy via app and p/u later while you r there. But can you buy it thru app, but have a family member or friend who is at the park pick it up for you, assuming you can designate another person to p/u order like you can w/ wm site to store.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now that GE has had its soft opening, has anybody reported about seeing new BAD parts introduced in the park anywhere? We are in desperate need of new astromech parts. What's it been? Five years since the last assortment? And no, box sets don't count, heh.

Reaction score
Now that GE has had its soft opening, has anybody reported about seeing new BAD parts introduced in the park anywhere? We are in desperate need of new astromech parts. What's it been? Five years since the last assortment? And no, box sets don't count, heh.
4 years for astros, 2 yrs for protocols :p honestly, i'd prefer just a few around ep9 release kinda like the mini wave of dec '15,,,but if ep9 Hasbro basic line goes to 5" (not counting the 4-5 rumored TVC EP9) then I could go for a larger wave of 3.75" BaDs

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I am back from my trip to Disney. We did five days and a Disney Springs Day. Here is my haul:

I was really excited for this; to be honest though, it was a bit of a let down. The selection was really, really narrow and I could not complete the droids... wait for it... I was looking for. There was no selection of R8 or R9 domes. The only R7 dome was the gold one. My son tried to build R2-D2 and they didn't have legs in that color available. The workers were not knowledgeable or really helpful in the Disney Springs Star Wars Trading Post.

Not to complain too much, it was still a fun experience. My passion for astromechs has rubbed off on my kids some. They had a lot of fun. They enjoyed building protocol droids as well (not a protocol fan really so none for me).

I also got the Last Jedi 2-pack with R4-X2 and Y5-X2. I am a bit limited in my R4 selection and this was a nice one, I like the Rebel symbol on the dome.

We got most of our droids at the Star Wars trading post in Disney Springs. We also stopped at the gift shop in Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios. Both had really, really poor selections. They staff at the gift shop in Hollywood Studios was really nice and helpful though and checked on legs for my son to attempt R2-D2. They did not have them though.

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. When I was there in March I could build just about anything. They did have to go in the back to find R2 legs, so that was still a bit of an issue.

I'm wondering if the BAD stand is winding down. Nothing new for 2 years and they've already removed one stand. It has been 7 years since it started. Nothing lasts forever!

Reaction score
True nothing lasts forever but I will miss the fun of building droids. The family loved our Disney trip and its something we cannot do every year but... If we go again I'd love to get another crack at building droids. You'd think with the Sandcrawler they'd hope to encourage more building to fill that thing up...

Reaction score
I saw that and the staff let us check in there for the R2 legs on the R2-D2 my son was trying to put together. I really liked the bins in Hollywood Studios better; I thought they were easier to shift through.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure their focus is on the newer trend they have decided to go with. If that doesn't pan out the way they were hoping or expected, we may see a return to the smaller scale.

Reaction score
I watched one of those droid building videos on YouTube and the droid experience seems cool but... $100 for just the base droid seems a bit ridiculous. Then all the extras cost more. Just seems like not something a lot of folks would drop that much on to keep this thing going...

Reaction score
True nothing lasts forever but I will miss the fun of building droids. The family loved our Disney trip and its something we cannot do every year but... If we go again I'd love to get another crack at building droids. You'd think with the Sandcrawler they'd hope to encourage more building to fill that thing up...
I am here now and hope they are still available. Disney springs is on our itinerary but not for a few days yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok the launchbay has a mind boggling assortment of protocol and astromech parts now. If you are in Holywood studios that gift shop has the best condition stuff. They restocked r5boo19 too. The ones in star tours were kind of trashed before yesterday too. Now there is a whole new section of them.

Reaction score
Ok the launchbay has a mind boggling assortment of protocol and astromech parts now. If you are in Holywood studios that gift shop has the best condition stuff. They restocked r5boo19 too. The ones in star tours were kind of trashed before yesterday too. Now there is a whole new section of them.
Any new parts or just a major restock of the old pieces?

Reaction score
I am not sure as this is my first time here. I should have snapped a pic. When i get back to hotel ill snap what ive built if that helps...

Reaction score
I hope to return to Hollywood Studios once more before leaving, so if i can I will snap a few pics. Unfortunately the park was closing when i discovered them. There were blue protocols too. The one I named R5-Mcd is my ducktales star wars mashup Scrooge...lol

Reaction score
Damn! Don't think I've seen those yellow yellow legs before??
Looks like the orange legs from the 2015 series that matches the orange R7 body and orange R8 dome. I wished back in 2017 they release 3-4 extra domes like they did when TFA hit theaters. Maybe they'll this December in addition to a 4 pack and holiday droid to revive interest in the line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok the smaller. Disney store in springs had a 4 side station that was overflowing...i took some shots will post soon. Just got back and I'm beat. Is there a master list anywhere? These things are addictive i made 4 more...

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is for the 2015 asst that's likely what's still available http://www.rebelscum.com/Disney-Parks-Droid-Factory-2015-Assortment.asp

And the 2012 asst but I think there may be a part or 2 not mentioned in this link. http://www.rebelscum.com/Disney_Droid_Factory.asp here's a poster for all 2012 parts https://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-STAR-WARS-BUILD-A-DROID-FACTORY-2012-COLLECTION-PARTS-POSTER-VERY-RARE/323907976411?hash=item4b6a6b7cdb:g:rDkAAOSwdohbgybK

For protocols (2017):

Heads: 21

3PO/TC style Gold
3PO/TC style White
3PO/TC style Black
3PO/TC style Silver
3PO/TC style Blue
3PO/TC style Red

4-LOM style Black
4-LOM style Silver
4-LOM style Blue

CZ-4 style Gold
CZ-4 style White
CZ-4 style Silver

RA-7 style Black
RA-7 style Silver
RA-7 style Blue

Vendor style Gold
Vendor style White
Vendor style Black
Vendor style Silver
Vendor style Blue
Vendor style Red

Bodies: 14

3PO/TC style Gold
3PO/TC style White
3PO/TC style Black
3PO/TC style Silver
3PO/TC style Blue
3PO/TC style Red

4-LOM style Black
4-LOM style Silver

CZ-4 style Gold
CZ-4 style White
CZ-4 style Silver

RA-7 style Black
RA-7 style Silver
RA-7 style Blue

Left Arms: 6

3PO/TC style Gold
3PO/TC style White
3PO/TC style Black
3PO/TC style Silver
3PO/TC style Blue
3PO/TC style Red

Right Arms: 6

3PO/TC style Gold
3PO/TC style White
3PO/TC style Black
3PO/TC style Silver
3PO/TC style Blue
3PO/TC style Red

Left Legs: 6

3PO/TC style Gold
3PO/TC style White
3PO/TC style Black
3PO/TC style Silver
3PO/TC style Blue
3PO/TC style Red

Right Legs: 6

3PO/TC style Gold
3PO/TC style White
3PO/TC style Black
3PO/TC style Silver
3PO/TC style Blue
3PO/TC style Red

Also forgot these:
gold, white and silver CZ left/right arms
Black, silver, and blue RA left /right arms/legs

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I was at Disneyland CA in early August they had several Protocol BAD's and picked up this one for my Tatooine display

Last edited:
Reaction score
New BAD astromech 3-pack revealed for TROS. The blue, fan-built R2 unit, a similarly colored droid with an R6 head, and an R5 unit with R5-D4 colors (but different patterns). Comes with D-O. These are likely droids from the droid factory scene that takes place in TROS.

Reaction score
New BAD astromech 3-pack revealed for TROS. The blue, fan-built R2 unit, a similarly colored droid with an R6 head, and an R5 unit with R5-D4 colors (but different patterns).
:rolleyes: Um yeah, that's my feeling on another R5 look a like., boooring..

The two blue ones are neat, however. If too similar to each other. Does it really take an act of Congress to get some inspired Droid designs, not to mention getting a decent Droid combination in these sets?

I guess they're counting on our starved for product state of mind to just buy up anything that seems new.

Reaction score
Theyve made some really great sets in the last few years, especially the Clone Wars set. This one is okay. It might be the only 4" scale D-O we get.

Reaction score
Too bad D-0 looks static. I would think they could've articulated the "head/neck" joint and the "shoulder/arm" joint. Then instead of a attached base, had a series of peg holes around the wheel (maybe 1 would be sufficient if wheel could rotate) and a clear base w/ a peg.

Reaction score
Too bad D-0 looks static. I would think they could've articulated the "head/neck" joint and the "shoulder/arm" joint. Then instead of a attached base, had a series of peg holes around the wheel (maybe 1 would be sufficient if wheel could rotate) and a clear base w/ a peg.
Disney always seems to go all out with these sets. Usually, there are nice surprises with the figure quality when opened (BB units, Chopper). So I doubt D-O is static with a permanently attached base. We will know soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Looks like the base isn’t permanent and I imagine the head is fully articulated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk