Disney B.A.D Parts

Reaction score
Info about Galaxies Edge posted on the official site earlier. Confirms Droid Depot for building droids, but these look to good to be 3.75” scale. Plus they have leg wires...

Reaction score
Just read that Star Wars products from our real world will not be sold within Galaxies Edge. Only the “In Universe” products that maintain the illusion of being in that galaxy.

Reaction score
The articles I read last week said the 'in universe' items would not have 'Disney' or 'Star Wars' branding, but that astromech bag clearly says 'Star Wars' at the bottom. Are these bigger RC droids sold just outside of Galaxy's Edge I wonder?

Reaction score
The Droid Depot is in Galaxy's Edge. Amy Ratcliffe wrote this in her article on Nerdist

Please take note of the packaging for your custom astromech units in the above image. Galaxy’s Edge products will have in-universe packaging as much as possible with limited point of sale footprints. The First Order will have nicer, more structured packaging, while the rest of Black Spire has more resourceful, there out of necessity packaging. They’ll be offering reusable bags for sale and will minimize using the usual Disneyland plastic bags.
E...

Reaction score
Any word on new 3.75 scale droids for 2019? I'm sure a couple holiday droids will be released and an ep9 themed 4pk, but any new BaD parts or galaxy edge themed 3.75" figs?

Reaction score
Disney is throwing so much effort into a complete role-playing experience with cast members, food and even merchandise all themed to fit an in-universe perspective. But since visitors aren't allowed to cosplay in the park, you'll just get yanked out of the experience the whole time. Plus, the typical behavior of a crowd of people will ruin all their efforts :/

Reaction score
I picked up three droids last week at Disney Springs - The black vendor droid (who is now canon, in Solo), white/red R2 unit, and Blue R4. The next day I noticed both of those latter droids in the queue at Star Tours, so that was pretty awesome.

Selection is okay. Some parts are really hard to find - It took me forever to find a right black death star droid leg, though there were dozens of lefts. And we had to ask to find a blue R2 leg after my wife literally dumped the entire leg bin onto the counter looking for it, which was pretty hilarious (she really wanted to leave at that point).

Reaction score
Just got back from Disneyworld and kind of got the feeling that these build a droids are on the way out. I may be completely wrong but their footprint in the shops was really small. Tatooine Traders (after the Star Tours ride) no longer had a build a droid station which shocked me. (I couldn't find one in Hollywood Studios at all...) The store in Disney Springs had one very small droid building station with a somewhat decent selection of protocol parts and very little Astromech selection and that was the only place that I saw a building station at all after visiting all of the parks. Is California also cutting down on where these can be found or did I just have an unlucky Disneyworld trip?

Reaction score
Man, I hope they're not on their way out. Hopefully it's just the calm before the Galaxy's Edge storm! Maybe they stopped producing the current parts a while ago, since they had new ones planned to coincide with the opening of the new park. So maybe as old stock was dwindling down, they quietly closed down some of the building stations temporarily. I really hope new parts are coming, cuz honestly, it's the only way to get astromech figures these days. Hasbro clearly couldn't care less about making astromech droids anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be fair, I did see the carded 2 packs and the boxed 4 packs in a ton of places. It was just the building stations that seem to have disappeared. But I am with you. These Disney droids have been one of the bright spots of the 3 3/4" collecting landscape the last few years.

Reaction score
There's a very very small station in Hollywood Studios in the shop attached to Launch Bay. It's literally just a table with some bins in it. The one at Disney Springs seemed to be well stocked, though it was harder to find some pieces than others. That's pretty much been true though for the BAD's entire run at Disney.

My guess is that they took out the Tatooine Traders' bin because it was kind of in the way of the folks coming off of Star Tours. Not having it there made things much more open for shoppers.

I'd be curious to see how things are going at Disneyland. It'd be nice if they put one in Downtown Disney (or whatever they call the shopping district between the two parks).

Reaction score
Just checking back in here because I have a Disney trip coming in a couple weeks. I was really hoping I had missed something. Apparently not.

I agree that the BAD stations have been the best thing about collecting Star Wars the last 5-6 years. The barge also of course, but I've got a lot of these guys. Always room for more.

Reaction score
To be fair, I did see the carded 2 packs and the boxed 4 packs in a ton of places. It was just the building stations that seem to have disappeared. But I am with you. These Disney droids have been one of the bright spots of the 3 3/4" collecting landscape the last few years.
Totally agreed as well. In fact they are the only thing I've bought in many of the last few years. Getting them shipped to UK has been a royal butt ache and expensive, but I've gotten everything I wanted to, just had to pay for it! Without these I'd have likely stopped altogether.

Here's hoping that if they do stop them, they'll still do the limited edition holiday carded ones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And one for Resistance. I am not a fan of the show but they did include some new astromechs, with different heads even.

Reaction score
I can’t imagine they wouldn’t keep the Droid Factory line going. Especially after releasing the Sandcrawler. The carded droids sell very well & they are not always park exclusive. Imagine a box of Droid Factory parts that allowed you to make 3-5 droids & fill your Sandcrawler. That would sell & sell & sell. It would help me & my droid addiction...

Reaction score
I can’t imagine they wouldn’t keep the Droid Factory line going. Especially after releasing the Sandcrawler. The carded droids sell very well & they are not always park exclusive. Imagine a box of Droid Factory parts that allowed you to make 3-5 droids & fill your Sandcrawler. That would sell & sell & sell. It would help me & my droid addiction...

Whoa! You sir have a problem. I wish I had that problem haha. Very cool collection!

Reaction score
Very impressive, congratulations! I shared your collection on my FB page and now people is crazy asking where they can get those boxes. Can you point me in the right direction, please? :)
Thank you. I purchased the cases at Walmart. They were $5 each & in the craft department.

Here is the item at WM site.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/I-Love-Craft-Organizer-Box-13-8-x-10-5-x-2-Starplast-I-Love-Craft-Organizer-Box-By-Starplast/449954077

It says no longer available, but I still see them in the stores around me. I did also use sheets of adhesive backed foam
(cut to size) for the bottom/back of each compartment. They sell them at Michaels & Hobby Lobby.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reaction score
Lime green combined with mustard yellow? You're a madman! A madman I say!!! lol Seriously, kudos on that huge collection! And here I thought I had way too many BADs.....

Reaction score
Resistance Droids are a must in my opinion. The show introduced some fantastic new designs that would make great toys and excellent fodder for Disney BAD parts bin repaints in my opinion. Fingers crossed, though I am not optimistic.

Reaction score
I have to say they don't appeal to me like the regular ones. I wonder how the colour change works? The Factory playset box says sounds and lights so it might be a light effect? Usually these things go with heat vs cold though in toys.

Reaction score
Wow! Some great new color-ways for the larger BADs!! Hope some of those trickle down to a new assortment of 3.75" BAD parts. Really like the black and blue R3 domes, the black and white R2 dome, the purple R4, and the blue R5! They're all pretty much great! Why do I feel these are going to go for big money on ebay? :'( I want at least two as soon as they're available.

The color-changing droids....eh, not really feeling them. Would be great for kids to play with in the pool, but other than the new black and silver R4 unit, I don't feel a need to own the rest.

Still crossing fingers we get a reveal of new 3.75" BAD parts!!

Reaction score
Not a fan of the color change gimmick, but I'll take any new Droids. And that factory doesn't look too bad either.

Reaction score
Why is there no other news about this? JTA doesn't even have it on their main site (the Instagram link is theirs I'm assuming... not an Instagramer ... Instagrammer... Instagramaphile?)

Reaction score
So I am heading to Disney World in late June and hoping to score some droids. I was hoping anyone who has been there recently could give me an update on astromech droid parts available. I have an image below of droids I really would like to put together; can you let me know if those parts are still plentiful and where the best place to go is? Droid traders in Disney Springs?

Reaction score
Disney Springs is the only place to go, really. They were well stocked when I was there last month, but some parts were hard to find. The employees are helpful and may have the parts in the back if you cant find them in the bins.

Reaction score
So I am heading to Disney World in late June and hoping to score some droids. I was hoping anyone who has been there recently could give me an update on astromech droid parts available. I have an image below of droids I really would like to put together; can you let me know if those parts are still plentiful and where the best place to go is? Droid traders in Disney Springs?

Everything pictured except for the red R5 should be fairly easy to put together at Disney Springs. The Star Wars Trading Post is on the east side behind Pin Traders. It’s the only place other than Launchbay inside Hollywood Studios to build droids, and the better option. Free garage parking or bus transportation to and from any Disney hotel. Lots of great food down there, too. Polite Pig BBQ, Blaze pizza and D-Lux burgers are all affordable favorites. There’s another Star Wars shop on the west side, Star Wars Outpost, and a Marvel Super Heroes Headquarters.

Last edited: