disgruntledjawa's collection

Reaction score
Awesome! Looking forward to see it all put together. I thought you were going to get it yourself at the store, but if they get delivered to you, the better. I remember getting my three Detolfs at Ikea by myself, and it wasn't the easiest thing to do trying to shove them in the car. Have fun with the redecorating.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was planning on picking it up. Once I started adding things to my shopping list, I realized that it all wouldn't fit in my Xterra and didn't want to make two trips. Plus, $39.99 delivery. You can't go wrong with that. Hope to put them together this weekend.

Reaction score
That was a very decent price for shipping. Heck, we pay almost half of that for a GG mini bust to be delivered! LOL

Reaction score
Alright! And again, $40.00 to have all of that delivered was an excellent price for shipping. Have fun.

Reaction score
Got one "unit" put together. The other one will look the same. Only took about 5 hours, with a 45 minute trip to Home Depot to get some OSB to attach to the wall to anchor the unit. I think I can get the next one built in about 3 hours.
As you can see I still need to finish the lighting. I plan on doing that tonight. I need to head to IKEA to get some full size glass shelves, I'm going to return the regular shelves that I got. Heading out of town for a week and then work is getting in the way. So it might be a little while before this is finished. Love the look so far. Why didn't I do this ages ago?!

Reaction score
Yeah, the lights are from IKEA. They come as a four pack. I picked up some cable management tubes from Home Depot and painted them to hide the white cables. So far so good.

IKEA lights. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/dioder-led-4-piece-light-strip-set-white-20119418/
Thanks for sharing this. I have fluorescent lighting seeping through the Death Star-like cut outs on the side of my wall unit I want to switch for LED lighting, thus these ones you bought will work great for that purpose. Are these lights dim-able also? I did the same thing with the hide-a-wire tubes from Home Depot for my Detolfs and other LEDs on my main display unit, as you did. They work great to hide all the wiring.

Reaction score
I know that there is a dim-able switch at IKEA. Just not sure if these are compatible with that switch. They do have some larger LEDs that are designed as under cabinet lighting that might work for your set up behind the cut outs.

Reaction score
Awesome. I need to make the time for a little trip to Ikea this coming weekend. I really should get rid of those fluorescent lights on the sides of the unit which are not good all for collectibles. Better to do it now that I still have everything in boxes since hurricane Dorian. Thanks again for the info, and looking forward to seeing your collection displayed.