Director Orson Krennic

Reaction score
I agree, but thats always been the case with human likenesses. There are very few examples where its strong. So I expect that.
Well, it's often the case, but it's certainly not always the case. Over the years, we have had some great likenesses. And plenty that were, well, less than great.

But most TFA figures had much better resemblances than this one does.

Reaction score
Well, it's often the case, but it's certainly not always the case. Over the years, we have had some great likenesses. And plenty that were, well, less than great.

But most TFA figures had much better resemblances than this one does.
Thats not how I see it. I would say over the years, of the hundreds of figures we have had, there have been a dozen or so that have had likenesses that actually strongly resemble the character. Most are ok, but I honestly dont see it that there are many strong ones. To me they are mostly just a generic male face (hopefully) with the right hair colour. Its just very hard at this scale, its not really feasible.

Reaction score
For every human they nail there seems to be 10 of the exact same character that aren't even close.

Some top face sculpts imo came out of the SL line. The problem is a lot were hidden under poor paint jobs.

Jedi Luke, Han Hoth, MS Yoda are all incredible looking. Even MS Luke Stormtrooper has a great likeness but no one can see it under that red hair.

Reaction score
I know. It's baffling how one head sculpt can be spot on, while another one look snothing like the character. Then there are those moments when they go out of their way to make Leia look horribly ugly and disfigured!

Even with 3D scans, it's tough to make a 1/4'' head sculpt look perfect.

Reaction score
This is a great figure, got mine today. The cape is sculpted well and overall a good addition to the ranks. In terms of custom potential the only issue I see would be the holster which seems designed for Krennics non standard blaster.

Reaction score
I'm hoping we get a Cassin figure in Imperial Officer disguise to go with the upcoming Jyn figure in ground crew disguise. that would be great.

Reaction score
He does look very nice! I sure hope the TBS line gets him too. If not, maybe I'll lose the arms for a more useful upgrade.

Reaction score
here's pics of Krennic. tried for hours to upload these last night but Imgur wasn't working:

I'm not too sure, but I think his holster is a reverse holster as he is shown holding his pistol in his left hand. Can you try putting the pistol the other way so he can reach over with his left hand to grab it? It's just in your picture, the scope is bent and the 6" review showed the pistol stored the other way.

Reaction score
Check out this image. It shows Krennic reaching across his body to pull his blaster from the holster with his left hand. So it seems that the pistol grip should face forward.

Reaction score
I'm not too sure, but I think his holster is a reverse holster as he is shown holding his pistol in his left hand. Can you try putting the pistol the other way so he can reach over with his left hand to grab it? It's just in your picture, the scope is bent and the 6" review showed the pistol stored the other way.
I'll give it a shot and see if it works better. the holster on the figure is extremely shallow so I'm not entirely sure if it will change anything but if it works I'll let you know and post a pic.

Reaction score
both Nighthawk and Nicklab pointed out that Krennic's blaster was facing wrong. they are correct. here's a new pic of Krennic with the "correct" blaster placement. (and it works well)

and just for fun here's a shot of Krennic with his Deathtrooper guards!

Reaction score
But not as good as it would if he had articulated elbows and didn't have to hide is rod-staright arm behind the bloody thing...

Reaction score
both Nighthawk and Nicklab pointed out that Krennic's blaster was facing wrong. they are correct. here's a new pic of Krennic with the "correct" blaster placement. (and it works well)

and just for fun here's a shot of Krennic with his Deathtrooper guards!

Very cool pics! It's also nice to see how much taller the Death Trooper figures are relative to Krennic.

Reaction score
Got Krennic in the mail today, love the cape. I really hope Hasbro starts using this kind of a cape for everything instead of cloth. I do have a slight problem with my Krennic, there is a small red stain near the bottom of his jacket right in the middle. Anyone know what would be safe to use to remove it ?

Reaction score
You could probably try using a "magic eraser" as well. Just run water over where you use it so the figure doesn't get bleached.

Reaction score
I must confess: every time I read the title of this thread, or read his name, I keep picturing blockbuster film director, Orson 'Awesome' Krennic!

The Michael Bay of SW Imperial propaganda movie making!

Bigger explosions, experimental weapon systems, and a lavish long cape, because he's just that good!

;)

Reaction score
Got Krennic in the mail today, love the cape. I really hope Hasbro starts using this kind of a cape for everything instead of cloth. I do have a slight problem with my Krennic, there is a small red stain near the bottom of his jacket right in the middle. Anyone know what would be safe to use to remove it ?
Definitely nail polish remover with a Q-tip.

Reaction score
I must confess: every time I read the title of this thread, or read his name, I keep picturing blockbuster film director, Orson 'Awesome' Krennic!

The Michael Bay of SW Imperial propaganda movie making!

Bigger explosions, experimental weapon systems, and a lavish long cape, because he's just that good!

;)
(cue Duel of the Fates tune)

"Orson
is awesome!
Awesome
and handsome!
ORSOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!"

B)

(doo dee doo doo doo)

Reaction score
I was trying out other heads on Krennic, most don't fit at all. None of the previous Imperial Officers do. But the WalMart Emperor's Royal Guard head fits perfect, like it was made for it.

Reaction score
This^ It would, IMO, be a major selling point if they could make universal heads that you could mix & match. If you're already utilizing the BJ technology, why not just make it the same size for crying out loud...
Granted, there would be exceptions, such as smaller head like Rey or Jyn etc. But that is why you make two styles, Female and Male.

Reaction score
I was trying out other heads on Krennic, most don't fit at all. None of the previous Imperial Officers do. But the WalMart Emperor's Royal Guard head fits perfect, like it was made for it.

And here I really wanted to try putting an Imperial Officer head with the black cap on Krennic to yield a more generic ISB/Advanced Weapons Division officer.