Director Orson Krennic

GNT

Reaction score
***Please be aware this thread may contain information relating to the Star Wars Rogue One movie, if your avoiding spoilers please leave this thread or read on at your own risk***

Of all the Rogue One characters I was instantly sold on Director Orson Krennic the moment he was standing still and then walking through the water in the teaser trailer was a sight to see, there's just something about white imperial uniforms and capes that look pretty sweet as well that I knew his a figure I definitely want.

Info via Ew:
Ben Mendelsohn's Director Orson Krennic is responsible for protecting the security of the Death Star project, but he's also a manipulator within the Empire. "He understands the system and he knows how things work, but he also is not above trying to bend it to get what he needs or what he thinks he wants," says Kiri Hart, Lucasfilm's head of story development. Krennic is intended to be a contrast to Imperial officers we’ve seen before, like Peter Cushing’s Grand Moff Tarkin. “Tarkin is the model for these really cool, icy types, you know?” Hart says. “Krennic runs a little hotter than that, so that’s kind of fun and it’s a little bit different. … He is unpredictable and volatile.”

Who's up for possibly seeing Director Orson Krennic in figure form?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes please! I don't know whether it's official name or not, jut so long as we get an Awesome figure from the ISB! Sadly though I imagine everything will be 5POA, so i don't know why it even matters who they make.

Reaction score
Yeah, he's got a great Grand Admiral Thrawn vibe going. But hope to hell they won't make RO figs 5poa.

Reaction score
I'm sure the character will be great and his performance will be splendid, but why are all characters in Episode 7 and now RO so young? Couldn't we get someone older to impersonate the Empire's Security Director? Wouldn't it be great if we got to enjoy the performance of some senior Ritish actors in these movies?

Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to how they interpret Director Krennic. Based on the uniform and the title, I'm pretty certain he's the head of the Imperial Security Bureau. Agent Kallus on REBELS is also a part of that organization.

Reaction score
So if this guy with the white tunic is Imperal Security Bureau, then does that mean the guy with the tan tunic in the first Death Star is not ISB? Or is this guy just wearing white since he is the director?

Reaction score
So if this guy with the white tunic is Imperal Security Bureau, then does that mean the guy with the tan tunic in the first Death Star is not ISB? Or is this guy just wearing white since he is the director?
What tan tunic?

In ANH there are at least 3 ISB officers that you can see pretty clearly. One is Colonel Wulf Yularen from the Death Star conference room. And there are at least two that walk by Han, Luke and Chewbacca while they're waiting for the elevator to take them to the detention block. All of them have the white tunics.

Reaction score
Those tunics are light tan, not white. You might could get away with calling them off-white, but they are definitely not pure white nor very light gray like this new guy with the cape.

Here is a perfect pic for comparison; the troopers are white, the tunics are tan.

Reaction score
The material matters in this instance. The armor is made from plastic and is highly reflective, which makes the armor look that much more white. The fabric of those tunics is much less reflective. But look at the white tunic with the black trousers. And in that comparison the tunics look much more like they're white than any other color. And when you compare the uniforms of those two officers to that of Colonel Yularen? They're pretty close.

Reaction score
Those tunics are light tan, not white. You might could get away with calling them off-white, but they are definitely not pure white nor very light gray like this new guy with the cape.

Here is a perfect pic for comparison; the troopers are white, the tunics are tan.
Good photo. Yeah, no way would I consider that white. More like putty.

Reaction score
I would say the truth lies with their "medals". All three white or off-white have 3 blue rectangles and 3 red rectangles.

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to displaying the black clad and caped Vader flanked on both sides by white Storm Troopers, mirrored by the all white clad and caped Director Krennic flanked by his all black Death Troopers, on the opposite side of the shelf will just look great!

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Ben's take on this character. Such a great actor, I've enjoyed his movies for quite some time. To maybe get a figure of this character (Ben) is a YES for me.

Reaction score

That's just lighting and a difference in material. In no universe is that considered tan. At best, "off white." Like maybe "eggshell."

While porcelain is going to look "whiter" than a white envelope because it reflects more.

Take a look at the action figures based on this look - clearly white, but a muted white.

Reaction score
I'm surprised we're seeing photos of all of these figures already. It's getting me more pumped for the release of this line. At first I thought I might pick up Jyn and any new stormtroopers, but now I want them all! And yeah, along with the new aliens, stormtroopers and k2-so, this guy is at the top of my list!

Reaction score
Hair color is all wrong (maybe Hasbro likes to stay away from grey hair?), but really looking forward to Ben Mendelson's role in the film. He's a great actor and always brings a certain creep factor to the table.

Reaction score
Hair color is all wrong (maybe Hasbro likes to stay away from grey hair?), but really looking forward to Ben Mendelson's role in the film. He's a great actor and always brings a certain creep factor to the table.
I noticed that too. They're terrified of putting an "old man" vibe out there. Dooku would probably have dirty blonde hair these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think it's likely a cost issue. Recreating a "salt & pepper" hair effect on an action figure on a consistent basis has to be a little challenging and costly. Hasbro totally backed off doing that sort of paint application on both the 3.75" and 6" versions of TFA Han Solo, opting for that very light brown color. So I'm not surprised to see something similar with Krennic, but with more of a grey/white color in his case.

Reaction score
I think it's likely a cost issue. Recreating a "salt & pepper" hair effect on an action figure on a consistent basis has to be a little challenging and costly. Hasbro totally backed off doing that sort of paint application on both the 3.75" and 6" versions of TFA Han Solo, opting for that very light brown color. So I'm not surprised to see something similar with Krennic, but with more of a grey/white color in his case.

I don't agree. These figures need to just be a shade of a flat gray

Reaction score
Yeah, they would look just fine grey if Hasbro can "only afford" one color paint applications. Otherwise it looks like all the old men are bleaching their hair...

Reaction score

I don't agree. These figures need to just be a shade of a flat gray
Please note that I said "salt & pepper". That would indicate a base layer of black or dark grey, with a layer of white on top.

If we were talking about a single shade for Krennic's hair, I think a darker shade of grey might have been more appropriate.

Reaction score
Please note that I said "salt & pepper". That would indicate a base layer of black or dark grey, with a layer of white on top.

If we were talking about a single shade for Krennic's hair, I think a darker shade of grey might have been more appropriate.
Yeah I know. I just don't think it needs different layers. Typically at this scale you go for a colour that gives you the closest overall look. Solo should have been light grey and not brown, Krennic needs to be grey not blond.

Reaction score
I depending on sculpt detail I think 3.75" Krennic could do with a little diluted black wash through his hair and he'd probably be better than the 6" BS, but that's beside the point really.He's really got these guys for company.

Reaction score
really looking forward to getting a few of this guy. I hope his cape is removable on the 3.75" figure. he'd make a good base for custom Imperial Officers.