Diplomatic Mission Diorama

Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,413
Reaction score
17
Location
Midwest
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

So watch GG release a version of this scene ~ haha .....much like their Wampa reveal that followed the SS Wampa dio.

SideShow is having an infatuation with "grabbed necks" lately......
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
14,435
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

ive been with both dio lines since the begining and have always been very pleased

the only SS dio i dont have in my collection or have preordered is the Wampa vs Taun-Taun. i'm still undecided on that one.

i must say its kind of cool seeing so many familar scummers jumping on board with this one.
 

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
19,868
Reaction score
6
Location
Clermont, FL USA
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

DarthPotts1975 said:
i must say its kind of cool seeing so many familar scummers jumping on board with this one.
You can say that again!
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
34,137
Reaction score
33
Location
Rochester, NY
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Yeah ... and I pretty much blame all of you for it!
Jerks.

 
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
495
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

I hope this piece is $200. I like it a lot, but I still have to decide on Ambush on Hoth and get the Obi VS Ani dio, any opinions on it?
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
34,137
Reaction score
33
Location
Rochester, NY
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

JGordon24 said:
I suppose we really should take the blame.



You really should. That way I don't have to come out and admit that I'm an adult and responsible for my own actions.

 
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
1,797
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Be very careful what you wish for-It could fulfil

anyway-this one could be nice-let's wait for some more pics
 
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
3,527
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Obi_Wan99 said:
I hope this piece is $200. I like it a lot, but I still have to decide on Ambush on Hoth and get the Obi VS Ani dio, any opinions on it?
If you're after opinions on Obi Vs. Ani then here are mine (from another thread):

Pepe_Le_Moko said:
Is the Obi-Wan/Anakin diorama worth picking up?
IMHO yes... and no. The up-sides for it is that it's an iconic scene, and both figures are well rendered. Also it's big and impressive and definitely grabs the attention.

However there are a few downsides to this piece for me - firstly it is just a bit too big - of course that comes from someone with limited display space, so you can scratch that if you have alot of space
Secondly the platform that Ani/Obi are stood on is wonderful, but the lava just seems a little too 'cartoonish' to me. As there is so much of it this detracts from the overall piece for me. Finally the face sculpts are good, but not amazing. I wouldn't put the face sculpts on the same par as some of the better GG mini-busts for example, but they are still very good.

I still like my Ani/Obi diorama though - I got one to display with my Ani/Obi ROTS MR lightsabers - and that definitely works very well (as a side effect people no longer ask what the tubes of metal are when they are displayed with a diorama
). Oh one other thing - if you get one then a word of warning: be prepared for the biggest box in the world!



...
Back to the new Vader diorama I'm still very disappointed on the choice of scene - but will wait for more pics and I might still get one.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

I'm psyched!


This was the Vader diorama I wanted the most! I can't wait to see some pics, and pre-order this piece. I think it's the most unique out of all the options that SS gave us on their poll. Even if it wasn't on the poll I still would have picked this as my #1 Vader choice. Now I need Vader vs. Luke from ESB as my #2 Vader diorama, at #3 vader being born from ROTS. Hopefully SS will get around to making all of them....over time.
 
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
495
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

A diorama I would love to see, and probably is an incredible scene is obi-wan sitting down while R2 and C-3PO look on as Luke turns on his father lightsaber for the first time!
Does anyone have any opinion's on this or a image of the actual scene?
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
14,435
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

hope this beauty goes up for sale tonight in the newsletter
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,413
Reaction score
17
Location
Midwest
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

DarthPotts1975 said:
hope this beauty goes up for sale tonight in the newsletter
Can't wait! So excited........
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
27,256
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Per the newsletter it's up for preorder!
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
27,256
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

I preordered. Depending on how my finances are in April '09, hopefully I won't have to cancel.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,413
Reaction score
17
Location
Midwest
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

ds ~ I knew there was a reason for me checking in here!

Thanks for "bringing over" the pics.

This looks absolutely stunning!!!!! I can't stop staring.
 
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
495
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Sorry, Deathstar, you beat me to the punch!
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
27,256
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

DarthBeek said:
ds ~ I knew there was a reason for me checking in here!

Thanks for "bringing over" the pics.

This looks absolutely stunning!!!!! I can't stop staring.
I'm assuming you preordered?
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

OH MAN!


Thats a beautiful piece.


It will be mine!
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,413
Reaction score
17
Location
Midwest
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

deathstar1000 said:
DarthBeek said:
ds ~ I knew there was a reason for me checking in here!

Thanks for "bringing over" the pics.

This looks absolutely stunning!!!!! I can't stop staring.
I'm assuming you preordered?
Done! I think this will look terrific in my case alongside the GG stuff.
 
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
495
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

I have already purchased it!
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
27,256
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

DarthBeek said:
deathstar1000 said:
DarthBeek said:
ds ~ I knew there was a reason for me checking in here!

Thanks for "bringing over" the pics.

This looks absolutely stunning!!!!! I can't stop staring.
I'm assuming you preordered?
Done! I think this will look terrific in my case alongside the GG stuff.
Will this be your first SS purchase DB?
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
2,890
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

ordered, great piece to add to any collection. small nitpick...is it me or is Antilles face off?



 

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
19,868
Reaction score
6
Location
Clermont, FL USA
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Awesome! I'll be waiting until Mike has this up at Razors Edge for Pre-order though. Saving $30-$40 is totally worth it.
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

My first DIO! Not for sure Ill keep it but if money is there-its mine!!!
Not too fond of the white piece though
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

JGordon24 said:
Awesome! I'll be waiting until Mike has this up at Razors Edge for Pre-order though. Saving $30-$40 is totally worth it.
That much JG??
 

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
19,868
Reaction score
6
Location
Clermont, FL USA
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Joda76 said:
JGordon24 said:
Awesome! I'll be waiting until Mike has this up at Razors Edge for Pre-order though. Saving $30-$40 is totally worth it.
That much JG??
Yes, Sideshow has it for $225.00. Mike will most likely have it up for $190.00 or so. Even if it was $15.00, hey...it's money right?
Shipping from New York to Florida is also cheaper than California to Florida.
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

JGordon24 said:
Joda76 said:
JGordon24 said:
Awesome! I'll be waiting until Mike has this up at Razors Edge for Pre-order though. Saving $30-$40 is totally worth it.
That much JG??
Yes, Sideshow has it for $225.00. Mike will most likely have it up for $190.00 or so. Even if it was $15.00, hey...it's money right?
Shipping from New York to Florida is also cheaper than California to Florida.
Does he charge when it ships?? I was looking to build up my points but maybe Ill get it from him
 

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
19,868
Reaction score
6
Location
Clermont, FL USA
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Joda76 said:
JGordon24 said:
Joda76 said:
JGordon24 said:
Awesome! I'll be waiting until Mike has this up at Razors Edge for Pre-order though. Saving $30-$40 is totally worth it.
That much JG??
Yes, Sideshow has it for $225.00. Mike will most likely have it up for $190.00 or so. Even if it was $15.00, hey...it's money right?
Shipping from New York to Florida is also cheaper than California to Florida.
Does he charge when it ships?? I was looking to build up my points but maybe Ill get it from him
Yes, he does charge when it ships, but he also charges a deposit which you will not get back if you cancel. I like that simply because it takes away a little bit of the grand total you get charged when it ships next year. Just be sure you won't change your mind.
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

Thanks for the info
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
14,435
Reaction score
0
Re: The next diorama to be revealed on the 26th!

absolutely stunning!!!!!

i'll be ordering as soon as Nside has it up
 
Top