Diplomatic Mission Diorama

Reaction score
Re: Diplomatic Mission Dio

I own both Yoda vs Dooku dios- painted and faux bronze and I like them displayed together..although I don't plan to buy the other bronzes (for now)- I like them

Reaction score

I do think the bronze versions look cool, its just with space becoming more and more of an issue for me i just cant justify having mutliple versions of the same statue

Reaction score

Got my replacement a few days ago but just now had a chance to post pics

Its a very nice piece although i still think the DOTF dio is the best so far in this line.

Reaction score

What is the height of Vader without the base?

Mine is stuck in storage, would appreciate any help fellas!!

Reaction score

Should I send my 'Pile of Loot' from BBTS to me or not? Hard choice... I'm waiting for a big item to come and join the Diplomatic Mission diorama and SS regular Stormie, but waiting could help me save on shipping costs...

Reaction score

Just picked this piece up, got no-750. I have to say this is a superb piece, it captures the strenth and power of vader, what would of made this the ultimate piece would of been a trooper or 2 next to him, but still superb, joint first with DOTF piece. IMO.

Reaction score

Yeah this is one sweet dio that I may have to pick up later

Reaction score

Can somebody please take a few macro shots of Vader's face horizontally and perpendicular to his eyeline as well

I'm concerned that the dome on mine might be too high -- but don't know if all of them are like that...and I haven't seen any other piece in person to be able to compare...

it's higher than in the proto pics for sure...

Please pics W/OUT antilles and Vader's left glove

Reaction score

I finally received the Sideshow regular Stormtrooper who joined his exclusive brother in a big box, where both will wait the time to be displayed later this year. I also got the cool "Diplomatic Mission" diorama, it is awesome, didn't realize it is so big:

And a picture for demorathis - hope this helps - sorry, Vader is dirty with foam:

Reaction score

Thanks for the pic Sergiu -
I had a better look at mine and it's just ever so slighly higher than yours -- so I'm acually quite happy w it...not to mention I got it for no more than 180 brand-spankin new =) So I' m REALLY happy with it

Reaction score

I realize that since he'd facing upward - the helmet would look higher than normally -- it is set higher than I usually prefer as a ANH Vader but it looks fine from these angles
I can't even begin to describe how detailed the body is on this -- the face could use sharper details, but overall for the size VERY nice -- I also uploaded suit details and with the exception of the incorrect shoulder armour and reversed (upside-down) buckle, it's awesome -- AMAZING piece and I'm glad I picked it up -- a MUST HAVE if you are a Vader collector -- I almosr skipped on this one...cancelled my SS order, but got it from a retailer for cheaper...

Reaction score

demorathis said:
I realize that since he'd facing upward - the helmet would look higher than normally -- it is set higher than I usually prefer as a ANH Vader but it looks fine from these angles
I can't even begin to describe how detailed the body is on this -- the face could use sharper details, but overall for the size VERY nice -- I also uploaded suit details and with the exception of the incorrect shoulder armour and reversed (upside-down) buckle, it's awesome -- AMAZING piece and I'm glad I picked it up -- a MUST HAVE if you are a Vader collector -- I almosr skipped on this one...cancelled my SS order, but got it from a retailer for cheaper...
It is an awesome diorama indeed. I love all the details of this statue. Even the toilet seat looks better than I've seen in pictures and I could always display it without it since it is removable.

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
Even the toilet seat looks better than I've seen in pictures and I could always display it without it since it is removable.
LOL!!!
SO TRUE!!

Reaction score

I still don't get it: why did they include a part like that in a dio. The wall is ok but why the toilet seat? Maybe Vader and the Rebel will take turns on the seat when I'm not around...
And I won't know where the smell comes from and will blame the dog

Reaction score

There's a scene left on the cutting room floor before the strangulation shot where Vader repeatedly dunks Antilles' head in the toilet - using the force to flush as there's not obvious flush handle ... So I guess it wasn't sweat on the Rebel's brow after all...

Reaction score

Very nice...I hope to get this statue one day...Thanks for the detailed pics of Vader Demorathis...

Reaction score

I only have a couple of Sideshow's older products. How does this compare to GG? I looks good, but wonder about quality and sculpt. I only ask about Gentle Giant comparison, because that is what I have the most of within my collection.

Thanks,
Boba86

Reaction score

Boba86Solo said:
I only have a couple of Sideshow's older products. How does this compare to GG? I looks good, but wonder about quality and sculpt. I only ask about Gentle Giant comparison, because that is what I have the most of within my collection.

Thanks,
Boba86
It is an awesome piece, and I'll display it with my GG Vader statues for sure. You can see more pictures of this cool diorama HERE

Reaction score

Boba86Solo said:

Thanks,
Boba86
I hate to say this because I didn't think so before, but the sculpting quality has surpassed Gentle Giant w reference to Vader --
I'm really very impressed -- Sideshow sculpts can be it or miss - but their sculpted statues and dios are top notch...
this is easily a better Vader than the GG 1/6 statue for me -- maybe its because the helmet was a particular sculpt from a scan that has been oversused over the course of the 4 years since it came out -- used in the encore 3ft statue as well as the other busts...plus I wasnt hot about the use of nails for Vaders tusks -- sensor billets -- on the GG statue

Reaction score

Hey guys, thanks for the info on this one. I decided to add it to my collections at what seems to be a good price of $169. It should be here next week.

Kind of feel like I'm stepping out into uncharted water, since I have no background with SS Dio's. This will be my first.

Reaction score

Boba86Solo said:
Hey guys, thanks for the info on this one. I decided to add it to my collections at what seems to be a good price of $169. It should be here next week.

Kind of feel like I'm stepping out into uncharted water, since I have no background with SS Dio's. This will be my first.
You won't be disappointed. It is extremely well done and very much worth having in any serious collection. I'm very picky with what product lines I collect, this is one of them.

Reaction score

Yeah this is such a nice piece that I wish I could get.

Reaction score

added to the registry. a great diorama and a must-have for every vader fan.

Reaction score

You guys are great! Thank you for the advice. I got it last week and it looks great. I opened it, set everything up, and called the plumber as something got backed up. Everything looks great and flushes to give sir captain a swirley.

It is a good lookin piece...