Diorama Reference Picture Request Thread NEW LINKS

Reaction score
Looking for Dagobah backdrop

Hi, I'm thinking of doing a Dagobah diorama pretty soon and I would really appreciate it if someone would post background images of the planet like(but not limited to) that dark purple production photo of all those viney trees.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Re: Looking for Dagobah backdrop

This is what it looked like with a light behind it...

And here are a couple of other backdrop images...

My latest incarnation of Dagobah did not need much of a backdrop...

Dagobah Diorama

Reaction score
Re: Diorama Reference Picture Request Thread

Hello to all! I'm new to these forums, but definitely not new to Rebelscum...been coming here for years. I'm perusing the main index and came across this and just had to chime in. As a customizer/dio maker myself, this is a wonderful help to those of us determined to make our stuff as screen-accurate as possible. So thank you for this! On that note, I'd like to lend a hand - I have an awesome DVD player app on my laptop that enables me to capture super high-res screen grabs and I've been using it like crazy these few months for my current project. Ah yes, I have an extreme case of OCD and being able to get these images has been a dream come true! If I can help anyone out, PM me!

Reaction score

McSharle, PLEASE! It sounds like you'd be a great help. I was pretty good about responding every time there was a request at first, but I've been busy on another site and don't always have the film in front of me to capture screen grabs. You are most welcome to post away! Thanks.

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
EMMA-JANE has a pretty good image site as well, lots of different movies and TV including all the SW films in screen grabs.

http://disparue.org/gallery/

follow the movies link to get to the SW films
Great! I posted that link in the first post!

Also, I've redone all the URLs on the first page. They were very old and needed some work. Now, there's a link to Amazon for each of the books.

Unfortunately, all the great photo series from Starwars.com (like Photoreceptor) were lost when the site was updated in 2008. I'm going to try to contact the webmaster and see if there are archives somewhere. A few of the images are still on the website, but I don't know how to link to a comprehensive archive for each series.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio

I'm looking for a high quality image of the Detention Block Corridor for my Ultarama display. It should be large enought to print in 8x10". I found these two but if there is a better one out there I'd rather use that.

This image from rebelscum seems a little blurry:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/ulta-detentionblock2.jpg

This image is post corridor battle and has the lingering smoke. I'm looking for a clean screencap:
http://disparue.org/gallery/5/movies/sw/4/images/starwars4_3240.jpg

Reaction score

I'll see what I can come up with when I get home tonight. I'm sure I can grab you some good stills from that sequence. Check back here after say 5:30 - 6ish.

Reaction score

Hey, sorry it took me so long, I couldn't find my disc and then I couldn't figure how the heck to get the images into this reply. I know, I'm a newbie...it's probably ridiculously easy. Anyway, I uploaded a crapload of grabs into a photo album I created. So if you go to Member's Galleries and look for mine, you'll see them. The folder is called "A New Hope stills (Detention Center Corridor)" and has what you're looking for I think. Let me know if you need anything else!

Reaction score

Those are nice images! And pretty high-res! I'll add them to the first post right now!

Reaction score

okay, stupid question........does anyone know what brand name of toothpicks fit the diameter of the figures foot holes?

I have tried 2 different brands and they are both too small.....

Reaction score

Maybe try like little bamboo or fondu skewers, trim 'em with a razor carefully to reduce the diameter as needed? I think most toothpicks would be a little too small, plus the size of foot pegholes differs from figure to figure. They're not all uniform. I have heard of people using toothpicks, it'll work, but maybe you have to finagle things and I would imagine toothpicks would be just enough to keep the figure standing, but they might be prone to falling if things move much. If you got a stable setup and you just push some toothpicks into the "ground" I can see it working okay, but I'd want the fit snug, you know?

Reaction score

yodashizzle said:
Maybe try like little bamboo or fondu skewers, trim 'em with a razor carefully to reduce the diameter as needed? I think most toothpicks would be a little too small, plus the size of foot pegholes differs from figure to figure. They're not all uniform. I have heard of people using toothpicks, it'll work, but maybe you have to finagle things and I would imagine toothpicks would be just enough to keep the figure standing, but they might be prone to falling if things move much. If you got a stable setup and you just push some toothpicks into the "ground" I can see it working okay, but I'd want the fit snug, you know?
yeah me too, I want it as snug as the figure bases hold them....

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
okay, stupid question........does anyone know what brand name of toothpicks fit the diameter of the figures foot holes?

I have tried 2 different brands and they are both too small.....
In Canada, we have these great plastic toothpicks, which are not only perfect for foot pegs, they also make good extention arms for astromechs and other droids. I also used them to detail my Hoth Consoles. They are very handy!

These are a Drug Store brand here, but I'm sure they are in the US somewhere.

Reaction score

Does anyone have a good idea where I could get some detailed shots of Jango Fetts apartment? Was this location ever in one of those Blueprints books?

I am thinking that my best resource might be the Lego Star Wars 360 game...

EDIT: Nevermind...that movie cap website from above is pretty helpful lol. Along with the Lego game I mave everything I need

Reaction score

Yay! I'm glad it worked out. That screen grabs site is very thorough.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio

Anyone out there experienced in resizing images. I'm having a problem resizing some of the widescreen screencaps to print 8x10 without losing most of the image on the left and right margins. Feel free to PM me so we don't clog up the thread.

Reaction score

Does anyone have some good reference photos of the Hoth hangar bay. I'm primarily looking for a nice overhead blueprint style shot of the bay. I remember seeing one once in the Art of the Empire Strikes Back. Does anyone have that pic or anything better?

Reaction score

There might be one in the Technical Journals. I'll look in my Art of ESB book later.

Reaction score

Ok, I kinda answered my own question somewhat. I found this image.

http://img263.imageshack.us/f/hothbase.jpg/

It's from the technical journals, but is that right? Do the little alcoves where the snowspeeders and x-wings are dead end like that? I thought I saw an image somewhere else that indicated it was open to another section of the base.

I just remember that scene where Han Leia and Threepio run to the Falcon and it seemed like they had to run a good distance. That layout doesn't really show where they'd be running from. Anyone have any other images that might be more accurate? The technical journals are great, but not always that reliable. Their Cantina layout for example.

Reaction score

I'd say that's pretty accurate to the sets themselves but maybe not the location as it would exist in the Star Wars universe. Does that make any sense? Plenty of video games and other media have depicted those alcoves leading to more passages. It just depends on where you look.

Reaction score

That shot was just on Spike!

And, just for the record, that is a matte painting. So, I definitely think the intent of the movie is that they are connected to more hangars but that the set itself was contained.

Here is the cross section's interpretation. You'll notice the Falcon on the left and the area with the transports from the last screengrab on the right.

Reaction score

The_Professor said:
And, just for the record, that is a matte painting.
I'm assuming Maverick10126 is referring to the SW universe and not the actual set, but who knows for sure.
The actual set bays were a dead end so to speak and there were only about 4 on each side or so with the falcon on the far end (and the falcon was a full size mock-up unlike in ANH)

Reaction score

I'm mostly referring to the SW universe as I know the actual set tries to fake it whenever possible. Like docking bay 94 and it's half of a Falcon. I hoping to one day make this hanger and I'd like to make as true to what the location is supposed to be like. I'll probably use the technical journal layout and add hallways behind the alcoves and maybe my own version of a matte painting. I'd still like to compare the technical journal layout to the one in the art of the empire strikes back if anyone can find it.

I still need to accomplish that all important first step of buying the Legacy Falcon though, lol.

Reaction score

I'll start looking on ebay for it. I'm not sure if this is considered too off topic but does anyone have a link to niubniub's Echo base from celebration V. On his site I know he has all the instructions for the different sections, which I'm sure I'll be using extensively, but I was hoping to find a good collection of pics of the thing fully assembled. I know it's not 100% accurate but it'd still be nice to reference.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a better version of this pic, at least 50kb? It's basically the photo Kenner used for the Power Droid package without all the magenta airbrush and re-work! Thanks

Reaction score
Shot in the dark, but does anyone happen to have a scan of the backdrop used in the kmart exclusive cantina sets? I think they were OTC era. I've checked a few sites that had packaging scans, but most peter off before they get to this one. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a picture of the inside of the entrance to Chalmun's Cantina with the droid detector and without any characters in the photo. Does anyone have one? It would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just found out about this website run by xblackrockx. He uploaded roughly 4000 (!) screenshots PER Episode, taken from the Blu-Ray. Simply download the ZIP files and ogle away.

Now, I should mention, while they're HD, the compression is too strong for using them as custom diorama backdrops.
Still, what xblackrockx did is definitely a great service to the fan community and a tremendous help for anyone looking for reference material for their artwork and custom creations, or even to those who simply like to take the time and check out the sheer amount of detail the filmmakers poured into every shot of the Saga.

Reaction score

Got this screenshot from the xblackrockx link above. Seems to be the best shot of the briefing room chairs. Does anyone know if there are any better pics of them, perhaps from a behind the scenes picture?
Thx.