Diorama Reference Picture Request Thread NEW LINKS

Reaction score
Re: Diorama Reference Picture Request Thread

Thanks proffessor I will see if I can use the first one,I will try and flip the image so it goes both ways and it should wrap around the jawas quite well I think!
But first need some more ink for the printer
!
Thanks again Proffessor!

Kind regards Josh

Reaction score

Anybody have some good images for a clone battleground ? I guess what i mean is i need something like a desert or a forest of some kind.

Reaction score

This isn't going to be all that helpful, but there's a cardboard backdrop featuring Geonosis that came with the Fan Club bonus pack a few years ago. You might be able to track that down.

Reaction score

This isn't really a diorama picture request so please forgive me
. A friend of mine at work is having trouble finding a decent sized pic of the "Bantha Skull" insignia. He's trying to make a decal for the rear window on his truck but all the images he's found so far are too small & when blown up would require a lot of clean up work. If anyone has any info on finding something like that it would be greatly apreciated.

Never mind, he found one.

Reaction score

I am working on a nearly-to-scale Mos Eisley cantina. It is nearly finished, but I was wondering if anybody had any good interior reference shots (particularly stuff that includes the backgrounds - for all decorations, and the drink makers on the bar). I have found a few of them online, but new angles always helps make it easier. I am trying to make this thing as movie-accurate as possible.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score

If it's available, the old Behind the Magic 1998 CD-Rom is pretty awesome. It has all the cut scenes from the cantina and provides plenty of new angles on the set. The Incredible Cross Sections book is also a winner.

Reaction score

Hey guys, need pics of the Hoth Rebel Hangar. I have several pics, but just the basic ones. Need something that shows how many X-wings and snowspeeders were in there and the various entrances.

Reaction score

If you can get your hands on them, the Complete Locations of the Original Trilogy and Creating the Worlds of Star Wars in 365 Days are great resources. You should be able to look at each of them at book stores if you don't own them. I think they only built about five snowspeeders, one full-size X-Wing, and a few X-Wing noses to stick out of the alcoves on the walls. The Complete Locations will give you a canon number although it will be very high. They did several inventive things to make the bay seem more vast than it was including using children in rebel uniforms in the far background to make it all seem larger than it actually was.

Reaction score

Alright professor...heres one for you...

The homestead after the troopers destroyed it...

This has been the best pic I could find...for a playset never made...

It looks like it was blown out from the inside...on the left side of the hut if you were inside coming out...

Im making a "diorama" of this "cut" scene...Ive alreay cut about an inch off the bottom of the hasbro hut so the entrance would be more accurate...

Im using the skeletal remains from the Amanaman figure...I bought two...and I used the two smaller skulls from his staff...

I just need some better pictures of the hut after the sandtrooper visit...

Reaction score

Okay. Here are a few. I'm going to check out the Making of Star Wars book, but here are a few interesting images:

And, here are some Echo Base hangar pictures:

Reaction score

And here are some screen captures I just did:

Reaction score

The 3rd pic from the screen caps is good...thanks!

I still cant tell...or if it even makes since that the hut looks to be blown out from the inside...on the far side...like it was metal...
I would assume it was made of mud and mud bricks...

Reaction score

I didn't notice that before. Maybe?

I think story and production wise, the dome was probably made with a metal skeleton. It definitely looks like a cartoony version of a blasted hole. I doubt any photos exist from that side, however. I checked "The Making of Star Wars," and there was nothing. Since it was probably just made with pieces sticking out to give the impression of a hole from the side we see in the film, it's probably nothing special on the other side. Story wise, I would hazard to guess there's a hole.

Reaction score

Needing a little help on a couple things if you can. First i need a pic to try and use in a dio to mount onto a backdrop, the scene is in empire where vader is looking at ozzel then releives him of his duties.
Second is there any clear shots of the battle between luke and the tusken raider? so far i haven't scored anything great online.

Reaction score

I'll try to get some captures this weekend of the Ozzel scene. Do you mean the shots of him and Piett on Vader's viewscreen?

As for the Tusken fight, it was mostly shot in close-ups, so there's not much wide. As far as I know, it was only one Tusken that attacked him. That scene was really born in the editing room. I have seen a few production still of the stunt work.

Reaction score

There is a good Picture of the area for the Luke vs Tusken in The Making of Star Wars book page 153.

Reaction score

yes that is the scene i was looking for in empire, i don't have that book,any chance you can get me a pic of it.

Reaction score

What is that vehicle with the curved hull in the bottom left corner of the Echo base hanger next to the Snowspeeder?

Reaction score

Hey guys, I need all the help I can get when it comes to figuring out the Ugnaught garbage room, mainly trying to sort out all of the random droids piled up in there.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Reaction score

Someone had PMed me about a screengrab, but I haven't heard back. So, here it is.

Law

Reaction score

This is one of the greatest resources I've ever found for SW images. Every single film in screencap form -- thousands of images. Doesn't have absolutely EVERYTHING, and of course for real accuracy you want more than screen grabs, you need photos of the actual sets and models. But this is a great resource all the same. Particularly great for those of us who want to match what was on screen as precisely as possible....

http://disparue.org/gallery/movies.php

Law

Reaction score

That looks like a great resource!
Thank you for posting this!

Reaction score

A newbie to diorama making (I haven't made a single custom figure yet, apart from cutting David Tennant's head off with a craft knife and balancing a different one on)

I'm just wondering where to start, and how could I make a Christophsis diorama?

Reaction score

I'm trying to work on a coruscant skyline speeder chase diorama and am looking for clean head-on scans of any of the neon advertisements. I've looked through many of the resources listed so far, but haven't found what I am looking for. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

And, Jediclones, I know that a user here on rebelscum has done a Christophsis diorama - you may want to look through the threads for that. If I find the thread, I will PM you.

Reaction score

Yavin 4 control room!! (display table, computers, walls) really anything will help.

Reaction score

Your best best would probably be getting a screen grab from ESB and painting out Vader.

Reaction score

does anyone have any good, clean pics of the DS1 view screen wall that Tarken looks out when Alderan gets blown up?

Reaction score

Are you looking for the shape of the screen or what appears on it?

Reaction score

I just spent ten minutes capturing images before realizing that they weren't coming through! I wonder if the DVD has protections on Macs? I'll keep trying.

Reaction score

Here you go. First is the straight cap. Second is gained up so you can see the details.

Reaction score

Red_Royal_Guard said:
Yavin 4 control room!! (display table, computers, walls) really anything will help.
This is still one thing I really want to build myself.

Reaction score

Although they're not for me, thanks Spassvogel!

Reaction score

Spassvogel said:
Here you go. First is the straight cap. Second is gained up so you can see the details.
I appreciate the help, but thats just the view screen, I really needed the ENTIRE wall and to get it I would need some behind the scenes or promo photos because they dont show it all in the movie. But, I got it so no worries.

Thanks