Diorama Reference Picture Request Thread NEW LINKS

Reaction score
Re: Diorama Reference Picture Request Thread

I need Hoth Reference. Not the real battle, but all Rebel stuff, like Echo Base, Wampa Cave, Hoth Plains, ...

krisvds @ gmail.com

Reaction score

Anyone have closeup pics of various parts of the pillars in the Geonosis Arena?

Thanks.

iHu

Reaction score

This is a brilliant thread and the resources. Professor, etc., great linx

THANKS!

Reaction score

No problem, iHu. I wish I could be more helpful sometimes, but I thought this would be a good central place for photos.

----

As for Geonosian pillars, I don't have anything up close. There weren't that many close-up shots in the movie. Try finding a picture of Padmé at the top of the pillar like these.

I found these pictures with a quick Google search.

Reaction score

The_Professor said:

I found these pictures with a quick Google search.
Thanks Professor. On this shot, looking at the 2 pillars that are in the background, they looks like they are smoother at some spots and rougher (like the pillar in the foreground) at other spots. Is this how you guys see it, or are the pillars the same texture all around and its just the coloring playing tricks with my eyes?

I am working on pillars for my 1/6 figures. So far my idea is to wrap shipping tubes in plaster of paris bandages and paint. Probably shape and place the bandages to achieve the grooves, but I am not sure if I need to smooth parts out. Thanks.

Reaction score

I need reference of the Senate Holding Chamber, the one where the Yoda vs Palpatine fight starts.

Reaction score

Anyone have a good picture of Ody Mandrell's speeder engine?

Thanks

Reaction score

You also might want to go back and watch the documentaries on the Phantom Menace DVD. I think the behind-the-scenes footage of Jon Knoll "hand-shaking" the miniature engines for this shot wound up being used in two different documentaries.

Alex

Reaction score

tykrazen said:
Thanks guys! The side view shot in this link will be especially useful. I am doing a 1/6 scale "Ody Mandrell's record setting pit droids" scene (one of my favorite scenes from EP I).

Unfortunately it won't be hyper detailed, but it will be passable. Most notable I think the engine will probably end up as one continuous cylinder rather than the "yo-yo" shape it should be.

Reaction score

I am preparing to start on my first diorama of the Endor battle that takes place in front of the shield generator bunker. I can’t seem to find any good pics to use as reference. Dose anyone out there have any such pics? I specifically would full size front and side view of the imperial bunker that Han is trying to get into. Here is a pic of the Kenner/Hasbro version ( http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2endorattack.asp). Also can someone tell me how to post on the forum? Any help will be appreciated thank you

Reaction score

Thank you very much Professor for taking the time to help me out. The pics are exactly what I am looking for. And thanks for the tip on posting pics.

Reaction score

No problem. That's exactly what this thread is for!

Reaction score

This is actually a request for some vehicle reference pics. If anyone has the old WEG Rebel Alliance Sourcebook or the WEG Imperial Sourcebook, could scan & post the pics of the hovertanks, chariots, LAV, etc. Thanks.

Jason

Reaction score

The_Professor said:
Does anyone know if the command bunker is pentagonal or trapezoidal or what? Are there any schematics or blue prints in any of the technical journals or anything?

The scenes we see when the guys are inside supposedly occur in the bunkers "basement", right? Or does the bunker butt up against a hill?

Thanks!

Reaction score

First, I don't have any of the sourcebooks, so unfortunately, I can't help out with those pictures.

Second, as for the bunker, it looks trapezoidal, and I'm pretty sure it backs up into the hill. I've seen a few shots that show the back wall getting shorter and shorter, implying it leads to a tunnel in the hill. It might be a basement, but either way, it's the back door to the larger complex.

Reaction score

Does anyone have pictures of Plo Koon's jedi council chair from EP I, preferrably without Plo in it?

Thanks.

Reaction score

Thank you! Those help a lot. Its not as complex as I was fearing.

I want to try to make it in 1/6 scale.

Reaction score

Anyone got any reference pics at the Jedi Council?

Reaction score

Anyone have pics of Leia's cell in the Death Star? Specifically looking for the detailing above the cell bed as well as the floor and ceiling. It looks like storage compartments or something?

Thanks.

Reaction score

Anyone have a shot of the actual door in Mos Eisley that C3PO and R2 close when hiding from Sandtroopers?

Thanks!

Reaction score

They completely redesigned their website. I'm afraid all those pictures are gone. I'll remove them from my post.

Reaction score

Greetings all
Iam trying to find a reference picture or plan of the inside of the doorway of sheild bunker.
I took snapshots out of the film but there is always someone stood infront of the doorway entrance unless poor quailty.
thanks

Reaction score

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but here's a shot of an interior door of the bunker. It's not the back side of the main entrance, but I bet the design is very close:

Reaction score

this is the closes i can get but i need really a clear image without explosion

what iam doing is making a diorama to display my figures in but i dont like it when things just sit still SO ive used motors and microcontrollers (to run a seqeunce of movments and sound or manual control) to make the bunker door open and close and atst turn left & right etc.
most of the things i use ( come out of the recycling bin etc old video recorders, dvd players (motors)
i also made a jabbas throne room out of the recycling bin not bad and iam planning a hoth
i need a better pic of the above for when the doors open
thanks

Reaction score

I'm afraid I can't help you too much because I can't capture pictures from DVDs. However, if you're a member of Hyperspace, I seem to remember that they had a series of rare snapshots, some of which were pictures from an extended sequence in bunker. Good luck! Your idea sounds very ambitious.

Reaction score

The_Professor said:
I'm afraid I can't help you too much because I can't capture pictures from DVDs. However, if you're a member of Hyperspace, I seem to remember that they had a series of rare snapshots, some of which were pictures from an extended sequence in bunker. Good luck! Your idea sounds very ambitious.
Thanks again for reply
I tried to find pictures to no avail
I have created a thread about my diorama
My Diorama
i have not completed either of the dioramas both about 95% done
If anyone comes acrossed a picture of the inside the bunkers doorway please let me know or iam just going to bang my head on the wall lol
Thank you

Reaction score

Kashyyyk and Felucia: Anyone have any good reference pictures of Kashyyyk and Felucia? Pref around the time of Order 66, I'm trying to make dioramas of Kashyyk for Luminara and her troops and Aayla and her troops. This includes buildings, native plants/animals etc; Thanks in advance! I'm looking for good reference images otherwise I wont start work, I'm not going to start it and mess it up. Waste of money.

Reaction score

Here are a few. I just did a google image search.

Might I also suggest checking out the game Battlefront 2 for some ideas. Felucia and Kashyyyk are both featured planets.

There was a big article before Episode III about Kashyyyk on Hyperspace, but I can't find it on the newly designed website.

Reaction score

Thanks for them pictures The_Professor, I couldn't get some of them to that large of scale and now I can see much more detail. I think I'll buy some bluetack today and start trying out sculpting the 9 plants I've sketched out from the Felucia reference pictures. Also the Kashyyyk ones are great I can see much more detail on the stands and platforms now I can sort of see how I'll make that diorama but I might put Kashyyyk off for a bit, it looks like alot of work with the walls and buildings and I might wait until I have more money. I'll see how my Luminara custom turns out and see if she sways my mind though. But for now, Bluetack and Felucia Plants.

Reaction score

Hi peeps was wondering if anyone had a background picture of the area where R2 was first attacked by the jawas in ANH want to see how it will look wrapped around the back and sides (printed on 2 pieces of A4 photopaper) of my Jawas dio!The first shot after C3P0 see's the Sand Crawler and starts waving it down is the one I am after!
Anyways just thought I would put the feelers out any help would be appreciated!
Thanks peeps! Josh

Reaction score

Sorry this took so long. The canyon that R2 travels down has actually been named Star Wars canyon. It was also the site of the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when Indy threatens to destroy the ark.

Here's one picture. It's not the right time of day, but you might be able to use it as a basis.

http://www.panoramio.com/photos/original/5546701.jpg

http://www.panoramio.com/photos/original/5546731.jpg

http://www.panoramio.com/photos/original/5546781.jpg