Diorama Reference Picture Request Thread NEW LINKS

Reaction score
This thread is for requests for reference pictures for dioramas. In other words, say you need some pictures of Mustafar to get started on a project. Just ask for them! Other forum members can reply with links to pictures and good reference sites.

Websites: In no particular order...

Books: Most can be purchased on-line at www.amazon.com or shop.starwars.com although some of the best are out of print.

Newly Updated 1/20/11

Reaction score
I agree!!!

That is a wonderfull idea profesor, I agree and will try to contribute in any way I can, we can maybe also post custom backgrounds and or stickers for vehicles and such instead of going somewhere else for them.

Reaction score
Re: I agree!!!

I'm in. I love just about all of the dios on this board, and I quite often show them to my freinds. Sometimes its a real pain trying to find them in all the backlogged threads. But something like this could make it a helluva lot easier to find them. I say go for it.

Reaction score

its a great idea. I hate spending hours looking for bkgrds or ref pics. how do we get this started?

Reaction score

Thanks for the support. Just to clarify things, I mean a thread for reference pictures and backgrounds, not a thread for pictures of already-made dioramas. A list of threads on scummer's dioramas can be found above at "Diorama Thread Index."

I'm going to contact Kris and see what he thinks.

Reaction score

Good idea, maybe we should start with a good list of sites for reference and background pictures

Reaction score

Do I have to be a member just to look at those E3 pics? Cause, I only get a sign in page.?

Anyway I'm looking for a few pictures of Palpatines throne that rises up in the middle of the (confrence room?) during the yoda/sidious fight.
Thanks

Reaction score

You need to be a Hyperspace member to view most of the Episode III pictures on the official site. However, Sith Snapshots are free to the public.

Here are some shots of the holding office:

Image 1
Image 2

Image 3

I got those pictures by searching for images at www.google.com under "Yoda Sidious Duel."

For the chancellor's podium, check under the Episode 1 and 2 links under theforce.net in the first post. As always, a google search can help. Here are some pictures:
Image 1
Image 2

UPDATE: Here's a great shot: Chancellor's Podium

Reaction score

Don't forget all the galleries on thejawa.com that I put up to accompany your dios (plus a few others that accompanied other people's)!

Outlander Club Reference Page

Yavin Rebel Ceremony

Bespin Dining Room

Bespin Guest Quarters

Bespin Hallways

Carbon Freezing Chamber

Coruscant Landing Platform

Jabba's Box

Mos Espa Stands

Mos Epsa Starting Line

Watto's Box

Jabba's Sail Barge Interior

The Battle of Hoth

And there are lots of character reference images inside the index in the custom section:

Jawa Customs & Dioramas Index

Reaction score

Thanks a lot for the input, Tykrazen. I completely forgot about those reference pictures. Great addition!

Reaction score

Anyone have pictures of the slab of rock Jabba sits on in his castle?

Thanks

Reaction score

The_Professor said:
Here are some. They're not the best, though, but it's a start.
Jabba on Throne
Jabba on Throne 2

Also, here's a link to probably the best Jabba's Palace Diorama ever. It might give you some ideas.

Mike Beaulieu's Jabba's Palace Diorama
And the Making of that diorama with some great pictures

Finally, a link to the Kenner playset version: Toys 'R Gus
Awesome. Thank you. I am actually going to make a 1/6 scale throne and then I'm going to try to make a Jabba (I'm not an artist, so it will probably really stink, but at least I'll have one). I think the throne would be a good starting place and then I'll atleast have a place for my custom Slave Leia to lounge.

I'm going to attempt to make it out of a block of styrofoam and coat it to look stone.

Edit: Also its going to be practice for techniques I want to use for a 1/6 scale scene of Obi-Wan's hut.

Reaction score

If it helps you, they have a krylon paint available at Michaels that turns to stone after you apply it, I mean I used it on some styrofoam and it looks as it I covered it in spackle.

check it out if you can.

Reaction score

TIJUANAJEDI said:
If it helps you, they have a krylon paint available at Michaels that turns to stone after you apply it, I mean I used it on some styrofoam and it looks as it I covered it in spackle.

check it out if you can.
Sweet. That will especially work great for the interior of Obi-Wan's hut.

Thanks.

mfk

Reaction score
Re: Diorama Reference Picture Request Thread

what about diorama background photos...

I'm looking for a Felucia background that i can use for an order 66 scene. Anyone got a scenery shot that's pretty hi-res that i could prop up behind my clones killing aayla?

Reaction score

Check out the second page of this thread . It's got a great background picture of Felucia that New_BornAlex made.

Reaction score

I need floor decals for a geonosis hangar duel diorama!

mfk

Reaction score

The_Professor said:
Check out the second page of this thread . It's got a great background picture of Felucia that New_BornAlex made.
Actually, I'm looking for more of a high res "official" scenery background. Basically, I want to turn it into a double-wide "ultarama" size background. I came up with a cool way to display my figures: I bought a wooded "DVD rack" and printed out some backgrounds from the ULTABACK page on rebelscum. I taped the edges to the outer corners of the shelves which gives the display a nice, rounded 3-D look. Of course, now i need one for my Order 66 scene on Felucia. Anyone got something they could scan and post from one of the books or something?

Reaction score

mfk, I don't have any high-res pictures of Felucia. Starwars.com has some small pictures. It might be best to wait for the DVD to come out. Good luck!

Darth_Deastron, I can't think of any Hangar Duel decals. However, it seems like Mr. Kris designed some for a diorama a few years ago, so you might want to contact him.

Reaction score

mfk said:
Actually, I'm looking for more of a high res "official" scenery background. Basically, I want to turn it into a double-wide "ultarama" size background. I came up with a cool way to display my figures: I bought a wooded "DVD rack" and printed out some backgrounds from the ULTABACK page on rebelscum. I taped the edges to the outer corners of the shelves which gives the display a nice, rounded 3-D look. Of course, now i need one for my Order 66 scene on Felucia. Anyone got something they could scan and post from one of the books or something?
Sad to say, they haven't published any decent Felucia pics yet... would make my diorama a whole lot easier to build if they had.

Reaction score

i need some pics of the thing that jaba sits on in episode VI
and i need some pics of darth mauls hooded cloack
please help me out

Reaction score

Check out one of my earlier posts (on August 11) for some great pictures of Jabba's dais. I'll post links to Maul pictures later.

Reaction score

Can someone tell me where I can find some decals for the Death Star Control Room? I did not see any on Niub's site and I am getting close to trying to build this. I see so many dio's for this room but not sure where everyone gets the decals for it. Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score

I guess nobody knows where I can get these decals for the control room??

Reaction score

Erikstormtrooper's site has them under custom backgrounds -- the link is in Chris's first post in this thread.

Reaction score

tykrazen said:
Erikstormtrooper's site has them under custom backgrounds -- the link is in Chris's first post in this thread.
Thanks, I did see those but I was looking for something with a little more detail, like the ones Niub has on his site. He does not have a link for decals of them though yet.

Reaction score

Mandalorian,

Niub Niub hasn't updated his decals from Celebration 3 yet. He has wall panels and blast doors here, however. You might want to e-mail Niub Niub and tell him you want the Control Room decals. I'm sure he'd be up to posting them or at least sending them to you. They do look great.

Reaction score

The_Professor said:
Mandalorian,

Niub Niub hasn't updated his decals from Celebration 3 yet. He has wall panels and blast doors here, however. You might want to e-mail Niub Niub and tell him you want the Control Room decals. I'm sure he'd be up to posting them or at least sending them to you. They do look great.
Cool idea, I will try that. Thanks.

Reaction score

Used this today to help me make a dio, I love this thread.

Reaction score

have you looked at the rots sticker book ? there are very detailled pics of the movie's locations in this book (utapau, kashyyk coruscant...)

Reaction score

Hi guys, I'm new to customizing and dioramas and I'm working on a boxed Yoda vs. 501st set. Anybody know where I can find good pictures of Yoda impaling the 501st/tactical ops clone with his lightsaber?? I've been looking all over and can't find squat. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score

Hello, I would like some pics of the story on the moon of Endor. Where C-3P0 is telling the ewoks about the empire. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. This will be for my first diorama. I have already made some custom ewoks.

thewokling

Reaction score

Edit: bleh

Reaction score

blaster_E11 said:
have you looked at the rots sticker book ? there are very detailled pics of the movie's locations in this book (utapau, kashyyk coruscant...)
I bought it a few days ago, and scanned most of the images. I've posted files of Utapau, a modified Mustafar, a Kashyyyk beachhead, and the skies over Coruscant in this thread. Enjoy.

Alex