Din Djarin and The Child (2 pack) - Target Exclusive

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the preponderance of resculpts in the latest Black Series announcements? Give me something original. Jayson has referenced a Moff Gideon and Greef Karga coming in TBS. Perhaps those will be future Mando Monday reveals. But today's stuff can be summarized as "Buy what you already have, with a couple price-enhancing extras."

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the preponderance of resculpts in the latest Black Series announcements? Give me something original. Jayson has referenced a Moff Gideon and Greef Karga coming in TBS. Perhaps those will be future Mando Monday reveals. But today's stuff can be summarized as "Buy what you already have, with a couple price-enhancing extras."
Jayson also said the budgets were lower this year and next. Guess because there's no movie? But meanwhile you have the Mandalorian which is widely recognized and enjoyed. I mean most of everyone is familiar with Baby Yoda. Kylo, Finn, Rey? Not so much.

Reaction score
Oh god. That headsculpt. Why don't you... keep your helmet on, okay Mando?

Reaction score
I like this figure and the overall offering. Not a big 6 inch collector. IF I could have bought it yday, I would have but it just sold out so fast, I would have loved to pair it with my TVC Mando.

Reaction score
Jayson also said the budgets were lower this year and next. Guess because there's no movie? But meanwhile you have the Mandalorian which is widely recognized and enjoyed. I mean most of everyone is familiar with Baby Yoda. Kylo, Finn, Rey? Not so much.

Good points. I mean...we didn't even get a Poe or Finn Black Series figure for Rise of Skywalker. There may be a large proportion of resculpts for The Mandalorian, but I give Hasbro credit for aiming to be fairly "complete" when it comes to major characters from the first season. Add in Greef, Gideon and Kuill, and season 1 is pretty thoroughly covered. A blurrg seems inevitable at some point too.

We don't have Poe, Finn, Palpatine or Ben Solo from Rise of Skywalker yet, and that film came out 10 months ago. Maybe it speaks to the perceived quality and popularity of TROS - and by extension the sequel trilogy - compared to The Mandalorian.

Reaction score
In general previous sales go into determining the budget for next year, so I would assume that last year was not very good if they're budget is lower.
Because I doubt the budget is larger in a movie year just because, I mean it's not like Disney/LFL are chipping in.

This is why i think perhaps the Mandalorian line should be separate so that it gets the benefit of doing well, rather than spread across to other movies.
Based on the way these figures seem to sell out it's difficult to believe they had a bad year, although most ST figures are the ones that linger and hit low prices. This may also explain the price increases we've been seeing, I mean why wouldn't they when said figures hit secondary market so fast for twice retail. If people will pay those prices Hasbro probably feels Collectors wouldn't hesitate to pay a few Dollars more on MSRP.

Reaction score
Good points. I mean...we didn't even get a Poe or Finn Black Series figure for Rise of Skywalker. There may be a large proportion of resculpts for The Mandalorian, but I give Hasbro credit for aiming to be fairly "complete" when it comes to major characters from the first season. Add in Greef, Gideon and Kuill, and season 1 is pretty thoroughly covered. A blurrg seems inevitable at some point too.

We don't have Poe, Finn, Palpatine or Ben Solo from Rise of Skywalker yet, and that film came out 10 months ago. Maybe it speaks to the perceived quality and popularity of TROS - and by extension the sequel trilogy - compared to The Mandalorian.
Agreed 100% ... and to add for completism, we also still need Bodhi Rook, Saw Garrera, and maybe 2 or 3 of the aliens ( Bistan, dont remember their names yet, the short reptile-like rebel and maybe the white wookiee-like ) for R1
Also Correllia Han, Kessel Quira and maybe Hologram Maul for SOLO
Paige, Bactasuit Finn, from TLJ
Finn, Poe, Lando, Emperor from TROS
Still loads of OT and PT characters. 😉

Mando-line does indeed a good job so far, missing a few, but I have no doubt they wont show up eventually.
There are still 7 Mando-mons to come and taking yesterdays for reference, they will show us some nice surprises for sure.

Only thing that bugs me, is their regular/DLX concept. As for me, I am a "one of each character/outfit" collector. So I would love to know if their is a DLX planned BEFORE I order a regular figure

Reaction score
In general previous .....
The long lost older sibling to Grievous? :ROFLMAO:
I'll let myself out.

On a more serious note, I think you are on to something there. It's like feeding time in the aquarium, whenever pre-orders are up or next exclusive figures and gone instantly (almost).
People really should stop buying from these leeches on ebay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I told that shmuck down at the Bounty Office a thousand times I DON'T ROLL ON LIFE DAY!!!!

Reaction score
Based on the way these figures seem to sell out it's difficult to believe they had a bad year, although most ST figures are the ones that linger and hit low prices. This may also explain the price increases we've been seeing, I mean why wouldn't they when said figures hit secondary market so fast for twice retail. If people will pay those prices Hasbro probably feels Collectors wouldn't hesitate to pay a few Dollars more on MSRP.
That would require that we were actually able to find the figures at retail...🤣

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to use the Target mobile app and purchase 1 each back to back with no issues.
Unfortunately it applied that 25% off coupon to my first order, I was hoping to hold that off for a Galaxies Edge BMF purchase instead and save $100.
Either way got 2 of these so I am happy.
I never do Target pre-orders on computer, mobile is fastest to beat those bots!

These Target exclusives find their way to Brick and Mortar before online orders get fulfilled anyway, so for those who missed out, I would not sweat it too much, they will be attainable...Target has been stocking ALOT more exclusives since that GI Joe Cobra Island sh-tshow....
Yep

Reaction score
Saw someone mention this on a Facebook group, but it looks like Greef Karga pistol if you zoom in on the bottom right of the art on the box so I assume he will be next in line!

Reaction score
What were they thinking with that head though? It's like, from a completely different figure. Has anyone on the design team actually seen Pedro Pascal?

Reaction score
Totally! I cannot like that post enough!

In fact that was my idea when this Deluxe set was first mentioned, this canon absolutely must get made for both scales!

Reaction score
Thanks for all the laughs. This figure since I don’t have any yet, I would buy the deluxe in both scales. But I don’t have any Targets in Canada anymore. Will it be available anywhere in Canada?

Reaction score
oops, I sometimes forget the context in which I'm speaking at times. Although in this case I may have simply been in a hurry typing.

Reaction score
Available for pre-order from Smyths if you're in the UK. Has to be delivered so I hope their packaging game is up to scratch.