Different Plastic for Vintage OTC Line?

Reaction score
Is it me or do the pictures of the vintage OTC figures look like they are made of a higher quality plastic than the regular figures? Especially on their heads. For some reason more detail seems to come through on the Vintage OTC heads.

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by KENNY GUIDO:
how can you tell if its different plastic??????
<font size="2" face="arial">Wouldn't we all like to know

They look like more effort and time has been put into making them espicially Vader and at $10 a piece they should be made out of better materials since they are aimed more towards collectors.

You never know Hasbro could take the cheap road and release them like the basic line where afer awhile parts of the body bend due to the cheap plastic used.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I think that it's due to the fact that the images that we've seen of the OTC vintage figures have been hand-painted prototypes. I don't think we've seen any final production versions yet.

Reaction score
I really hope they have better plastic. I think the cheap plastic they use in other figures really hurts the durability and the sculpts. If the plastic quality is great then that might actually help justify the higher price point.

Reaction score
Jaster M said what I pretty much would have. These, to me, are clearly hand-painted prototypes or hardcopies of some sort.

Plastics used can vary, but I highly doubt Hasbro would go through the trouble of using "superior" materials in making these figures. The plastic Hasbro uses on 90% of its figures is of a high enough quality to pull very intricate detail already. What's used on their weapons most of the time (though I've noticed a slight change for the better as of late), and that odd battledroid-ish figure who can't stand up, well that's another story.

I wouldn't expect these figures to have a better plastic, nor worse though either. Since I do believe these are hand-painted figures though, I think you'll see that they're not as "crisp" looking, which is the case of just about every figure we see in the line who we see prototypes of before we see production figures. Sometimes they even look worse, like the Adm. Ozzel prototype compared to his production figure who looked far superior.

Reaction score
Yeah, I would also expect better quality for the price. I reckon they just put more effort in.