Did you like TLJ, Yes or No?

Reaction score
I have the feeling that the major points of the movie never came to bear. The ancient Jedi books, the tree, the temple, the cave...

Look at the ground mosaic, there is a yin/yang-like symbol with a Jedi inside, obviously showing the light and dark side. Listen to Luke's teachings, when he equals dark side things with the decay in the life cycle. I have the feeling that Johnson wanted to create a more all-encompassing lore of the Force, and explain why the dark side is making people evil (or is it?) and binds them forever (or maybe not?) and how the Jedi would finally deal with the dark side after failing for 25000 years.

But then the movie wimps out. The third of Luke's lesson gets cut from the movie. The cave's true meaning remains a mystery. The content of the books remains unexplained, the history of the Jedi unexplored, the origins of the Force muddled. The potential of a Jedi who's been on that island for years studying the Force is wasted, instead we get a Force-disconnected hermit with a bad attitude. Jake, oh Jake.

The lore never makes it beyond the light side=good, dark side=bad thing; instead, they keep messing up the mythology. Still official canon: Mortis and its Force-superbeings; the priestesses of the Force and the planet where midichlorians are born; a "Force space" where time-traveling is possible; Dark Yoda as incarnation of everything that Yoda purged from his personality; oh of course midichlorians themselves; the Living Force vs. the Cosmic Force; etc pp. It stopped making sense a long time ago.

And sadly Johnson did not deliver a breakthrough here either, even if all the Art Of material cries out for it. Instead, the whole ST gives us more Force powers and mysteries. What are the limits of a Jedi's powers, what can a Jedi really do? Answer: Whatever the plot demands.

Reaction score
The truth of the matter really is that the second he threw the lightsaber over his shoulder it was over. You can't just take a **** all over a moment that ended with so much drama in TFA and 2 years later basically go out of the way to make fun of it.

Reaction score
You can literally pick every moment of The Last Jedi and find some mistake. Poe's your mom joke, bombers?, flying Leia, Luke's lightsaber toss, Rey's unexplained reflection cave, Finn and Rose's entire side trip, releasing horses instead of children, Phasma marching in when she was standing right next to Finn and Rose when things went kablooey, Luke not showing up on Crait, disappearing dice...

I mean, you can pick out cool stuff too like the imagery on Crait, the battle with the Praetorians (albeit not perfectly choreographed), Rey and Kylo's connection (which I actually sorta liked).

Reaction score
I mean, you can pick out cool stuff too like the imagery on Crait, the battle with the Praetorians (albeit not perfectly choreographed), Rey and Kylo's connection (which I actually sorta liked).
Oddly, for whatever reason, maybe it was due to an old EU thing. That these two felt like they had a familial (bother/sister) connection, only to go very uncomfortable with a kiss in ROS. Too similar for me to an all too familiar dynamic. lol

Because I was gung ho ReyFinn!

I have the feeling that the major points of the movie never came to bear. The ancient Jedi books, the tree, the temple, the cave...

Look at the ground mosaic, there is a yin/yang-like symbol with a Jedi inside, obviously showing the light and dark side. Listen to Luke's teachings, when he equals dark side things with the decay in the life cycle. I have the feeling that Johnson wanted to create a more all-encompassing lore of the Force, and explain why the dark side is making people evil (or is it?) and binds them forever (or maybe not?) and how the Jedi would finally deal with the dark side after failing for 25000 years.

But then the movie wimps out. The third of Luke's lesson gets cut from the movie. The cave's true meaning remains a mystery. The content of the books remains unexplained, the history of the Jedi unexplored, the origins of the Force muddled. The potential of a Jedi who's been on that island for years studying the Force is wasted, instead we get a Force-disconnected hermit with a bad attitude. Jake, oh Jake.

The lore never makes it beyond the light side=good, dark side=bad thing; instead, they keep messing up the mythology. Still official canon: Mortis and its Force-superbeings; the priestesses of the Force and the planet where midichlorians are born; a "Force space" where time-traveling is possible; Dark Yoda as incarnation of everything that Yoda purged from his personality; oh of course midichlorians themselves; the Living Force vs. the Cosmic Force; etc pp. It stopped making sense a long time ago.

And sadly Johnson did not deliver a breakthrough here either, even if all the Art Of material cries out for it. Instead, the whole ST gives us more Force powers and mysteries. What are the limits of a Jedi's powers, what can a Jedi really do? Answer: Whatever the plot demands.
I agree, they could have made an Awesome all encompassing Jedi/Sith lore Movie. Unfortunately there was not enough time to go down that road when there was also 2 other story arcs being told, as well as the new dynamic of the Rebellion and Empire being back at square one just going by different names.

Reaction score
About the only thing I did like in Last Jedi was the Rey/Kylo connection too. That was an interesting concept in my mind. I didn't even mind the concept of what I guess you can call force astral projection...it's just, I hated HOW it was used (so Luke couldn't be bothered to actually show up?) and what it resulted in - the sudden and random death of Luke for...reasons?

But that's really about all I liked. I mean the praetorian guard wasn't bad, but for me it was tainted by: 1. the sudden death and waste of Snoke right before. 2. Feeling way too choreographed. 3. It ultimately resulted in nothing much at all. I remember thinking "Well this might finally get interesting...Kylo and Rey teaming. But no, no, Kylo just immediately goes right back to the brat he was without any real growth from the scene and Rey just goes right back to hating him. Perhaps an antihero team up would have been far more interesting and would have brought Luke, for real, into the fray. Then by the time of Episode 9, Rey is conflicted by her actions, goes back...has some conflict with Ben...then ultimately then Ben turns heroic. Oh Luke's saber is broken? Not for long. Oh Rey's "no one," just wait. It feels like a waste of time, no consequence except hey...Snoke's dead. But ultimately we learn, that doesn't even really matter. He was just Palpatines ventriloquist dummy and fairly inconsequential. How...unsatisfying.

I've said it before, but when the film opens and the whole Poe vs. Hux call goes down, immediately...immediately I knew "Oh no...what am I in store for?" Then the saber toss happened and I don't think I've ever come closer to walking out of a theater. Just all downhill from there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Force Awakens- No....it was just a rip off of a New Hope

The Last Jedi- No, no, no, no, no....This whole 'different director per film' approach is akin to just letting someone else jump in mid-novel and never discuss the plot. Most authors plan endings from the start. You wouldn't let someone right half the body paragraphs of your thesis, especially if they didn't agree with said thesis.

I'll tell you what else, I'm not a big fan of Disney relying on comic books and video games to tell major plot points...lots of people can't keep up with it all. As an adult, I don't have time to read comic books and play all the games. And if you want to argue it's for kids, well...kids can't afford them all! When Phasma reappeared in TLJ...I was confused and had to google it...and wasn't satisfied with the story I read, either. Don't get me wrong, Lucas is guilty of it too with the time lapse between episodes 2 and 3 (Grievous confused the heck out of me in theaters), but Disney does it in a bid to make bucks. I think a major mistake was not killing Asoka Tano...it would have reinforced the tragedy of Vader even more.

Age- 90's child

Reaction score
releasing horses instead of children
That was one of the only points of critique where I had to disagree (they didn't "release" the horses, they used them for their escape - the owners would collect them later anyway. Rose got delusional at that point and blabbed nonsense for the rest of the movie, but then, the dialogue was terrible throughout). But that doesn't make the Canto Bight side trip any more meaningful.

I really tried to see the good things in TLJ, and I even laughed at the lightsaber toss until the whole atmospheric change got me. But there just is so much wrong with the movie on all levels, from tonal (Marvel style jokes) and structural (whoa, high speed chase) to character-related (hermit Luke) and agenda-influenced (true women don't need to tell their secret plans to stupid flyboys). It cannot be saved.

Reaction score
and agenda-influenced (true women don't need to tell their secret plans to stupid flyboys).
The whole franchise has turned towards Disney's EO agenda. Don't beat me up just yet-I have no issue with diversity of gender and race, but it should just exist, not be force fed. Just make everyone working and living together like they're all equal-because that's what equal people who look past peoples' differences do! People forget that George Lucas was ahead of the times by casting a leading, strong female lady that doesn't rely on showing skin (well, at least until ROTJ). And ret-conning women and aliens into the Empire...Lucas based the Empire off the Third Reich...who were rather sexist and racist...that's part of what made them so evil.

Reaction score
The Force Awakens- No....it was just a rip off of a New Hope

The Last Jedi- No, no, no, no, no....This whole 'different director per film' approach is akin to just letting someone else jump in mid-novel and never discuss the plot. Most authors plan endings from the start. You wouldn't let someone right half the body paragraphs of your thesis, especially if they didn't agree with said thesis.

I'll tell you what else, I'm not a big fan of Disney relying on comic books and video games to tell major plot points...lots of people can't keep up with it all. As an adult, I don't have time to read comic books and play all the games. And if you want to argue it's for kids, well...kids can't afford them all! When Phasma reappeared in TLJ...I was confused and had to google it...and wasn't satisfied with the story I read, either. Don't get me wrong, Lucas is guilty of it too with the time lapse between episodes 2 and 3 (Grievous confused the heck out of me in theaters), but Disney does it in a bid to make bucks. I think a major mistake was not killing Asoka Tano...it would have reinforced the tragedy of Vader even more.

Age- 90's child
I mean it's just blatantly obvious, Rian Johnson did not want to adhere to what either were the plans (implying there were plans) or simply just didn't like the paths The Force Awakens lay. I even admit, I wasn't head over heels for The Force Awakens, but after the bad taste the prequels left in my mouth...I was invested again. I enjoyed the film, as safe and recycling as it was. I recognized the flaws and warts, but I was thoroughly excited to see where this would go. Well...so much for that.

Phasma was one of those warts. Now I know, these days we're always going to have something in a SW movie designed to SELL TOYS. I ASSUME she's supposed to represent the sequel trilogy equivalent of Boba Fett? I guess so. But Phasma is such a missed opportunity in that she does even LESS than Fett in the originals in Force Awakens. I mean one thing you often hear is, "Man I wish we got to see more of Boba Fett," why would they repeat the limited character style with Phasma? The most baffling scene for me is Finn's lightsaber battle, a set piece entirely dedicated to giving Finn a stormtrooper to fight, and they DON'T make it Phasma?! And then, to top it off, she goes out like a coward. She rats out the First Order, and is utterly humiliated by being thrown down the garbage chute. HOW disappointing is that? Plus how did she get out of the trash compactor in time to survive? I mean no two ways about it, the costume is amazing. But that's all her character really is. A costume. I remember the actress being asked to describe her character or how she approached playing the role in some interview and she was struggling! You could hear it in her voice! She may as well have said, "So what's your character like," "Well....she's ah....chrome." =P

She was the new role I was MOST excited for, now you can barely even CALL her a role.

Reaction score
She was the new role I was MOST excited for, now you can barely even CALL her a role.
I actually hated her armor...chrome made no sense...cape made no sense...and why is she the only one in chrome? Outside of the Navy, a Captain isn't particularly a high ranking officer. Why aren't there dozens of chrome Stormies at the First Order rally?

No need to make characters to sell toys at this point...toys sell themselves. I mean...come on...we have Gonk Droids and Rancor Keepers in multiple variants since the 70s

I thought the garbage chute idea was amusing, since the idea came from Han.

Reaction score
TFA - not so much, but yes after TROS
TLJ - yes, and even more so after TROS
TROS - yes, this film is so under appreciated

Reaction score
I mean it's just blatantly obvious, Rian Johnson did not want to adhere to what either were the plans (implying there were plans) or simply just didn't like the paths The Force Awakens lay.
I'm still wondering whether there were plans.

On the one hand, I cannot believe that they went into a three-movie, three-digit million dollar per movie endeavour without a pre-planned storyline. That would be so effin' stupid... can't even find words for it. A story relies on so many factors to work; it's a complex setup where characters, plot, theme, and world building are all interwoven and must just fit, and in the end click with the audience. A movie adds designs and visuals and sound on top of that, each visual or audible element contributing to the story, or even used to tell it in an immersive manner. Realizing the movie is then a full-scale war campaign on top of that all, just to make it happen. (And perhaps real life events force you even to alter the story - no strategy survives first enemy contact, and all.) Not having a story that spans all three movies is neglecting the very basics.

(Even for a series, which follows slightly different rules by physical necessity, you have to cover the basics. If you take shortcuts... you'll end up at jarring results like Game of Thrones, or the directional 180° in Lost...)

On the other hand, TLJ so clearly discarded TFA ideas, and TROS obviously reverted things that TLJ did... if that was planned, then why did it feel like a series of dizzying course corrections? What showrunner in his right mind would okay this kind of storyline? This ain't an arthouse film where you can irritate the audience and ... eh ... subvert their expectations.

And yet, Rian Johnson did what he did. Go figure.

Reaction score
That was one of the only points of critique where I had to disagree (they didn't "release" the horses, they used them for their escape - the owners would collect them later anyway. Rose got delusional at that point and blabbed nonsense for the rest of the movie, but then, the dialogue was terrible throughout). But that doesn't make the Canto Bight side trip any more meaningful.
Canto Bight and Rose Tico exist purely to give Finn something to do and somebody to talk to, because after he defects, his (so called) character becomes a useless whooping farce, that exists to run to the camera and shout "REYYYYYYY" at the top of his lungs. He's one of number of half-baked non-entities that could have been completely cut from the trilogy and nothing would be missed. For 90% of the trilogy, all he does is take the focus away from Rey, leaving her a more empty husk in the process.

That whole Canto Bight farce feels like a committee mandated sequence that was awkwardly inserted into Johnson's original script, which more than likely had a top heavy approach to Rey and Luke on Ach-to (as it should have). The silly space chase/mutiny and Canto Bight feel like somebody came along, read the script, and said "what about Finn and Poe?".

I really tried to see the good things in TLJ, and I even laughed at the lightsaber toss until the whole atmospheric change got me. But there just is so much wrong with the movie on all levels, from tonal (Marvel style jokes) and structural (whoa, high speed chase) to character-related (hermit Luke) and agenda-influenced (true women don't need to tell their secret plans to stupid flyboys). It cannot be saved.
None of the films in the sequel trilogy can be "saved". They were all rubbish really. 'The Force Awakens' was just rehashed from the '77 movie. 'The Last Jedi' has far too many issues to list and 'The Rise of Skywalker' was an absolute joke. No film in this group was truly good, if one stops to analyse them, even on a surface level and one has to be extremely forgiving to gloss over their faults.

The reality, though, is that they are all a haphazard mess that go into making a deeply unsatisfactory series of films, where stuff just happens on screen, without any kind of logical application. Events just come about ("somehow Palpatine has returned" :rolleyes: ), that are almost insulting and other occurrences are thrown at the audience without the merest hint of explanation. In fact the audience are, practically, given the finger, "That's a story for another time". :cautious:

This all stems from the wrong people holding the reins. From Kathleen Kennedy to JJ Abrams to whomever you care to mention. They hadn't a clue what to do with the franchise they got control of and they made an absolute ballz of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've said it before, but when the film opens and the whole Poe vs. Hux call goes down, immediately...immediately I knew "Oh no...what am I in store for?" Then the saber toss happened and I don't think I've ever come closer to walking out of a theater. Just all downhill from there.
I agree, this was not a great start to a rather lackluster movie. While a jab or two might ave been okay, it just went on and on and on way too long. It's like i was watching them milk a dry teet.

I'm still wondering whether there were plans.
I simply cannot believe there weren't, not with something of this magnitude. Regardless of the stories saying otherwise. You don't walk into a $400B Franchise without a plan, you think they did the same thing with Marvel?

Yeah I'm sure at the heart of the matter was the fact were buying licensing rights for a major popular franchise, and that they will make Money there prior to any film releases. yet this isn't 1970's Art Students pet project barely getting off the ground. It's Disney, the place that has master plans for everything they do.

Sure they probably didn't have it all written in stone, but they supposedly had GL's outlines which was a starting point whether you use them or not. Not to mention 1000's of story ideas from the EU that had just been purged, which again would give some kind of road map. And the beauty part is that it no longer exists so they can remake it as their own, and half the audience wouldn't likely even know about it. Maybe even more than half.

So i don't believe for one minute they had no plan.

Reaction score
I agree, this was not a great start to a rather lackluster movie. While a jab or two might ave been okay, it just went on and on and on way too long. It's like i was watching them milk a dry teet.

I simply cannot believe there weren't, not with something of this magnitude. Regardless of the stories saying otherwise. You don't walk into a $400B Franchise without a plan, you think they did the same thing with Marvel?

Yeah I'm sure at the heart of the matter was the fact were buying licensing rights for a major popular franchise, and that they will make Money there prior to any film releases. yet this isn't 1970's Art Students pet project barely getting off the ground. It's Disney, the place that has master plans for everything they do.

Sure they probably didn't have it all written in stone, but they supposedly had GL's outlines which was a starting point whether you use them or not. Not to mention 1000's of story ideas from the EU that had just been purged, which again would give some kind of road map. And the beauty part is that it no longer exists so they can remake it as their own, and half the audience wouldn't likely even know about it. Maybe even more than half.

So i don't believe for one minute they had no plan.
The plan was to make a quick buck back on that golden goose.

Reaction score
I mean seriously guys, I sat there in my seat and that "!" Metal Gear Solid noise just went off in my head when Poe made a Yo Momma joke. And agreed, it just kept going...and going...and going. I thought this was Star Wars, not Comedy Central Presents the Roast of General Hux. Plus why exactly would Hux even indulge him? That in and of itself never added up to me. He's an insect to Hux. What do you even have to communicate about? Just fire on him...don't answer his freaking phone call and then let him continually verbally humiliate you in front of your crew. And this is like literally the first scene. Yeah Poe meeting Kylo wasn't...fantastic dialogue...but it establishes two things. 1. Poe is mouthy and cocksure. 2. Kylo is shutting that down real quick. He ain't having that. It's nowhere in the same cringe ball-field as the Poe/Hux convo.

Reaction score
MauLer (youtube) made a good comparison on how Tarkin would've handled the situation:

Poe: Hi, I'm Commander Poe Dameron, I have come to negotiate with Governor Tarkin, is he there?

Tarkin: Whatever negotiations you wish to engage in, Commander Dameron, I warn you; the best I shall offer is a swift death, surrender now and I shall accommodate such a request.

Poe: Hello? Tarkin? Is he there? Tall guy; kinda pale?

Tarkin: Your obvious attempts at humour during a most desperate hour for your comrades only reveals your weakness; surrender or be destroyed.

Poe: Oh hey Tarky, there you are; you sound angry. I did destroy that giant base of your after all, you still not over that? Or do you just sound angry all the time?

Tarkin: Charming to the last, though I would be more concerned with my own fleet if I were you commander, we need only a single suitable fighter to wipe out your pathetic "Resistance".

Poe: You know? I was going to say the same thing, BB-8 punch it.

Tarkin: Open fire!

It's a great deconstruction of TLJ if you have about 5 hours to listen to it. It's parted in thirds.

Reaction score
I mean seriously guys, I sat there in my seat and that "!" Metal Gear Solid noise just went off in my head when Poe made a Yo Momma joke.
Terrible, terrible scene. And it doesn't get any better when Snoke literally wipes the floor with Hux (because, uh, it's a great idea to humiliate your commanding officers in front of the crew?). Not that Hux didn't deserve it (why again does the Dreadnaught fire on the base instead of the fleet?) but it makes Hux a comedic instrument when TFA built him up to be Joseph Goebbels and Hermann Göring in one.

I found it one of the more believable plot points in TROS when Hux turned out to be a traitor for the pure hatred of Kylo Ren (and probably Snoke, but the guy was dead already). Sure, "I hate your side, and my side hates me, so I want to see the galaxy burn" is not a sane idea but Hux was never one to keep his sanity in check (and we even get a bit of foreshadowing in TLJ when Kylo tells Hux that he's in charge now). When Pryde shoots Hux, we get at last some of the ruthlessness that Vader used to possess; sadly Hux was so underdeveloped at this point that the scene played more for laughs than for a dramatic conclusion.

Shooting Hux fails to resound with the audience, because Hux' characterization changed so often. In TFA we were supposed to hate him; his death would have felt satisfying and come with a grim justice. In TLJ he was degraded to a clown; his death became largely meaningless - no one would mourn a mass murderer, but that lame guy doesn't evoke any strong feelings upon his demise. In TROS, where he finally dies, he's sort of on the side of the good guys but doesn't make himself much likeable; it's not as if he atones for the killing of billions. So we remain indifferent to his death except maybe for a stifled chuckle - we won't mourn Hux because he's still an ***, and we won't be satisfied by his exit either because he lost his threat one movie back.

TL;DR: Hux is another sample of bad character arcs (even more sad because his overall development had potential).

Reaction score
MauLer (youtube) made a good comparison on how Tarkin would've handled the situation:

Poe: Hi, I'm Commander Poe Dameron, I have come to negotiate with Governor Tarkin, is he there?

Tarkin: Whatever negotiations you wish to engage in, Commander Dameron, I warn you; the best I shall offer is a swift death, surrender now and I shall accommodate such a request.

Poe: Hello? Tarkin? Is he there? Tall guy; kinda pale?

Tarkin: Your obvious attempts at humour during a most desperate hour for your comrades only reveals your weakness; surrender or be destroyed.

Poe: Oh hey Tarky, there you are; you sound angry. I did destroy that giant base of your after all, you still not over that? Or do you just sound angry all the time?

Tarkin: Charming to the last, though I would be more concerned with my own fleet if I were you commander, we need only a single suitable fighter to wipe out your pathetic "Resistance".

Poe: You know? I was going to say the same thing, BB-8 punch it.

Tarkin: Open fire!
It might even be quicker than that.

Reaction score
Yeah he might not even answer at all. Why bother? Hux is just a really baffling character to me. He's a different persona in every film and then his death is just a sort of after thought. Domhnall Gleeson is a fantastic actor, very talented, but when the role is continually changing with every installment...I'm sure he was as confused on how to play the role as the audience was on how to feel about the role. I get he was always backstabbing and sniveling and self-important, but it did come off threatening and competent albeit inferior. He wasn't a punching bag idiot used for comedy. A great example is, look at Ex Machina. You can see how much chemistry both Gleeson and Oscar have with each other. But when you write roles incorrectly, no matter how much chemistry actors have, no matter how well they can play off each other...it just won't matter.

Reaction score
I agree, Tarkin wouldn't have even engaged in that long of a diatribe. Which brings me to one very small gripe I had about Giddion giving them till sundown to surrender. They portray him as being ruthless, hence the conversation over comms, and some of his brief action leading to the final standoff. Yet he insists on giving them time (to escape) right after that speech about not being trustworthy. He already has the baby his troops were sent after. So this part I really didn't quite get, would have expected him to just level the place. Though i get it's a TV and they're the heroes.

Just something I noticed while on this particular subject.

I agree that by the time Hux died, he just seemed more like a pathetic sad sack rather than the ruthless tyrant seen in TFA. And honestly not many of the character has much consistency in that regard. I understand character growth is needed, but this didn't' feel like that at all. Of which the OT cast all had and it showed.

Reaction score
PLUS this is like what? Hours, maybe a day, after TFA. Poe just helped destroy the Star Killer Base. WHY would Hux TALK to him instead of just immediately unleash a barrage? Plus at that moment, it's ONE X-Wing headed their way. That's a fly! And someone brought up a great point...why are they targeting the base when they can clearly see the evacuation is in essence complete. Target the transports, not an empty base! You can destroy that later...on TOP of the fact that...shouldn't you send in ground forces just to see if you can get any Intel before you destroy it?

Reaction score
It's just a comparison of how the scene could have been way better and he uses Tarkin as an example. Something he just makes up very shortly, not being a writer in Hollywood big business. In other words: He made it much better with little effort.

Reaction score
After The Force Awakens they needed something to shake up the characters... I agree with that in TLJ. Locking up your characters in non-action sequences was not the correct choice. Splitting them up was OK, but not sending all of them in different directions.

Rey was already on Atch To, so they were either going to have her and Luke training or going on some sort of adventure together. They could have come back into the fight at any time. Finn and Poe should have been the ones on the other end trying to save the Resistance. They went off the rails with the 'tracking through Hyperspace' which broke one of the rules we had learned... and that was that Hyperspace was the escape.

That part of the plot ruined the entire movie. If you change that major plotline to something like the First Order has a 'spy in the Resistance' then you can have a bit of a whodunit and make it more of a game of Tag than a slow speed chase.

For Example, the Resistance escapes D'Qar to Cantonica. Most don't realize that Contonica was the name of the planet on which the casino Canto Bight was located. According to Wookieepedia, it was a desert planet... sorta like Vegas. IMO we have enough desert planets, but they could easily have made this any type of planet ... like make it an industrial planet like Kuat or something?? A planet that manufactures luxury yachts.... like the Soro Suub corporation.

From there, they are betrayed and have to escape to Crait...

During this Finn, Poe and probably Rose end up searching out the traitor but get separated from the group on Canto Bight... and make it back to Crait in time for the finale... just like Rey and Luke. Give Rose a better use... like as a slicer/tech wiz. Make Poe like he is in TROS. Make Finn torn about his life still... and I say BEST OF ALL >>> I'd have shown that Phasma was not with the FO at all and was actually now hunting FN-2187. Give Gwendolyn Christie the room to breathe with the mask off but her face sorta scarred up and looking more like a semi chrome Bounty Hunter.

TROS can stay pretty much the same after that as we end up in the same place.

Reaction score
'The Last Jedi' really should have just focused on Rey and Luke on Ach-To. Him training her in a meaningful way and discussing the deeper aspects of why he felt that the Jedi order and the Sith should end, with her finally convincing him that he should leave the island with her and go to his sister to help against the...um "threat" LOL of the The First Order. <- There's your film right there, albeit one that would have been more philosophical rather than crash, bang, wallop. But there was absolutely no need to tack on a stupid space chase/mutiny or that awful Canto Bight gibberish and I'd wager that Johnson's original script ideas didn't have them in it, because it's clear where he put most of his efforts into.

Plus, killing off the creator of the threat that the First Order presented, Snoke, was one of the most baffling things I think I've ever seen happen in a series of this type. In one fell swoop, you've just reduced the enemy down to, practically, nothing because the rest of the leadership are either played for campy laughs or attempts at emo type sympathy.

It was an incredibly short sighted thing for Johnson to do.

What would have made better sense would have been to have the First Order land an invasion force onto the planet we first see in the film, whatever it's called. There they have a large ground battle with the New Republic/Resistance forces and Poe and Finn have to head off on some daredevil mission during the battle to try and turn the battle in the good guys favour. Ultimately, they fail and the First Order end up winning the day. The film should end with Rey and Luke returning to that planet to find that the New Republic has suffered a massive defeat and Leia and her Resistance fighters had had to flee - thus you have your 2nd act hardship that sets up a logical obstacle for the protagonists to overcome in the 3rd act which is the defeat of Snoke and the First Order.

Last edited:
Reaction score
DID I LIKE THEM

The Last Jedi- YES
The Force Awakens- YES
The Rise of Skywalker- YES

AGE - 40

Would I prefer something different from what it was?

Abso-f*c*i)gLut@ly

Reaction score
TFA - No (the first 30 mins were pretty fun)
TLJ - NO! (just no)
TROS - No. (admittedly better than it has any right to be, but still not 'good')
-------
TPM - YES!
AOTC - Yes.
ROTS - YES!!
ANH - YES!!
TESB - YES!!!!!!!
ROTJ - Yes!