Did you like TLJ, Yes or No?

Reaction score
Says the guy who likes 75% of Disney's Star Wars movies but still thinks what Disney is doing to Star Wars is a "joke." You literally don't understand your own posts.
Oh, sorry are we still doing this?

So let me get this straight, I have to justify my enjoyment or displeasure of Disney’s Star Wars or else you’re going to call me names on the internet? LOL

I have to explain to you how I enjoyed TFA and was generally hopeful for how Star Wars was going to be handled, and continued to be hopeful with R1? How interesting..

But then we got the travesty TLJ. Along with it the subsequent Lucasfilm calling fans that also did not like it sexists and racists, comments from RJ that Star Wars didn’t need anymore white guys, writers coming out to insert their interpretations of sexuality on established characters where it absolutely did not belong, and triggered fools like you attacking people that no longer were happy with Disney’s handlings of the franchise. But because I liked some of the movies mainly before all of this progressed to where it is now, and think that the current state of affairs with Disney is a joke I am “insultingly stupid”?

Tell you what zippy, if your delicate self is so triggered by my statement why don’t you go ahead and put me on ignore.

I suspect that’s not the issue with you though. I think in real life you are so emasculated and hen-pecked by your wife (more likely your mom) that as an overweight and balding middle-aged ***** the only way you think you can feel like a “real man” is by being a foul-mouthed bully picking fights on Star Wars message boards of all places.

I have actually never experienced or seen you act with a modicum of civility here, so my only conclusion is that you simply troll to make yourself feel superior when you clearly aren’t. It’s actually toxic clowns like yourself that has turned this community into an unpleasant place to be. But I truly hope any and everyone here does not let the existence of wastes-of-skin like you deter them from their passion of Star Wars and this fandom, I know I won’t. Even if the CURRENT state of affairs is not where I’d like it to be. If you are an example of what’s “right” about the Disney Wars fandom then god help us all..

In summation, for as much disdain that I have for current Disney handlings of Star Wars , I have equal sadness and pity for pathetic fools like you. Place me on ignore (even though I know you won’t) and just move along...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is my first post in this fun little exchange.

Wait, you acknowledge liking 3 out of the 4 new Star Wars movies, yet what Disney's doing is a "joke"?
No name calling, no foul language, and I'd hardly call it uncivilized. If anyone was triggered, it was you.

Oh, sorry are we still doing this?

So let me get this straight, I have to justify my enjoyment or displeasure of Disney’s Star Wars or else you’re going to call me names on the internet? LOL

I have to explain to you how I enjoyed TFA and was generally hopeful for how Star Wars was going to be handled, and continued to be hopeful with R1? How interesting..

But then we got the travesty TLJ. Along with it the subsequent Lucasfilm calling fans that also did not like it sexists and racists, comments from RJ that Star Wars didn’t need anymore white guys, writers coming out to insert their interpretations of sexuality on established characters where it absolutely did not belong, and triggered fools like you attacking people that no longer were happy with Disney’s handlings of the franchise. But because I liked some of the movies mainly before all of this progressed to where it is now, and think that the current state of affairs with Disney is a joke I am “insultingly stupid”?

Tell you what zippy, if your delicate self is so triggered by my statement why don’t you go ahead and put me on ignore.

I suspect that’s not the issue with you though. I think in real life you are so emasculated and hen-pecked by your wife (more likely your mom) that as an overweight and balding middle-aged ***** the only way you think you can feel like a “real man” is by being a foul-mouthed bully picking fights on Star Wars message boards of all places.

I have actually never experienced or seen you act with a modicum of civility here, so my only conclusion is that you simply troll to make yourself feel superior when you clearly aren’t. It’s actually toxic clowns like yourself that has turned this community into an unpleasant place to be. But I truly hope any and everyone here does not let the existence of wastes-of-skin like you deter them from their passion of Star Wars and this fandom, I know I won’t. Even if the CURRENT state of affairs is not where I’d like it to be. If you are an example of what’s “right” about the Disney Wars fandom then god help us all..

In summation, for as much disdain that I have for current Disney handlings of Star Wars , I have equal sadness and pity for pathetic fools like you. Place me on ignore (even though I know you won’t) and just move along...

You don't have to justify anything to anyone. YOU brought it up. You claimed to like 3 out of 4 Disney Star Wars movies while also claiming to think Disney's direction for Star Wars was a "joke." One of the ones you like was released AFTER the only one you didn't. Mathematically speaking, you like more than you don't, so do you not see how that doesn't make sense? It just seems like you think you're supposed to hate Disney for some reason and it hasn't even occurred to you that you don't. You seem genuinely confused about your own opinions.

As for your assessment of me, if it makes you feel better to think those things, knock yourself out. It's a little clichéd but whatever. I will say that my mom can't hen peck anyone, what with her being dead for 15 years. And my wife is actually awesome. You went way over the line with that and revealed something very ugly about yourself. For all the things I said to you, I kept it about you.

But I'm the "toxic" one who's ruining the community, and it's NOT the people who constantly complain about there being too many minorities in Star Wars. Got it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Come now lister, we all know that in today's day and age, math, science, facts and intellectual rigor are the real "toxic" element destroying society. It is opinion, selective hearing and knee jerk reactions that are the way to truth! (or at least a way to stay oblivious to one's own shortcomings and maintain ones deluded point of view...)

And don't dare quote yourself for the public record, it is a meaningless gesture in the presence of the righteous and willfully blind!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is my first post in this fun little exchange.

No name calling, no foul language, and I'd hardly call it uncivilized. If anyone was triggered, it was you.

You don't have to justify anything to anyone. YOU brought it up. You claimed to like 3 out of 4 Disney Star Wars movies while also claiming to think Disney's direction for Star Wars was a "joke." One of the ones you like was released AFTER the only one you didn't. Mathematically speaking, you like more than you don't, so do you not see how that doesn't make sense? It just seems like you think you're supposed to hate Disney for some reason and it hasn't even occurred to you that you don't. You seem genuinely confused about your own opinions.

As for your assessment of me, if it makes you feel better to think those things, knock yourself out. It's a little clichéd but whatever. I will say that my mom can't hen peck anyone, what with her being dead for 15 years. And my wife is actually awesome. You went way over the line with that and revealed something very ugly about yourself. For all the things I said to you, I kept it about you.

But I'm the "toxic" one who's ruining the community, and it's NOT the people who constantly complain about there being too many minorities in Star Wars. Got it.
Ahhh you’re so cute pretending that you aren’t the one who does all the attacking on the boards. Block me troll

Reaction score
When did "triggered" become the new word kids use non-stop?
That’s actually the word lister troll has used several times in the past attacking me, so I thought I’d do him the favor and use it first. It certainly does describe the tirade he goes in though. His normal mode of operation for engagement is attacking and insulting, so I’ve learned he doesn’t care to rationally discuss an opinion just to demean someone for not sharing his view.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll admit, I've soured a bit on TLJ after subsequent viewings, but I still like it. The Rey/Kylo stuff really works for me and saves the movie. It's still my least favorite of the Disney films, but still loads better than the prequels in my opinion. I did re-watch episodes 1-3 just to make sure I gave them a fair shot against the Disney films. There are parts of TPM I really enjoy (basically anything with Qui Gon) and some of ROTS works, but I still dislike AOTC more than ever. It's pretty much unwatchable for me.

Reaction score
I'll admit, I've soured a bit on TLJ after subsequent viewings, but I still like it. The Rey/Kylo stuff really works for me and saves the movie. It's still my least favorite of the Disney films, but still loads better than the prequels in my opinion. I did re-watch episodes 1-3 just to make sure I gave them a fair shot against the Disney films. There are parts of TPM I really enjoy (basically anything with Qui Gon) and some of ROTS works, but I still dislike AOTC more than ever. It's pretty much unwatchable for me.
I get people liking the prequels more than the sequels, but it always confuses me when people say that the prequels are better films than the sequels. The prequels have structural issues up the ***, while you have to nitpick the sequels to death in order to blow an issue out of proportion.

Reaction score
lol, you can't admit you were wrong, and are now playing the victim
I’m not pretending to be a victim in the least (whatever that’s supposed to mean...) thank you. What I’m also not is going to be baited into arguments because trolls don’t like my opinion. By the way I STILL think what Disney is doing to the legacy of Star Wars because of TLJ is a joke.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TFA: Sure, familiar feeling with small twists. Undeniably derivative but enjoyable pop movie (with lightsabers).

TLJ: Sure, different take using familiar themes. Undeniably subversive to the fan base, the pendulum swinging away from TFA’s familiarity. Not a tight narrative, but had peaks: Gave us throne-room duel and surprise offing of supposed big bad. Without picking apart treatment of Luke, interesting to hear him discuss the hubris of the Jedi and seeming to debate with himself whether great heroes and great villains only exist with each other.

Neither film is ESB, but they are an excuse to revisit that universe.

I really see all of SW as folk tales or comic books. How many Batman/Superman origin stories have there been—how many has each fan imagined in their own mind.

Perhaps part of the issue that divides fans is that the originals really focused on broad themes and introductions to the SW universe. Perhaps the prequel and sequel trilogy stand for the proposition that if you hang around and get into particulars, it is hard to build the kind of consensus adoration of most parts of the original trilogy.

Somehow, despite not being a huge fan of Anakin’s portrayal in the prequels, he/Vader are my favorite character study, one of someone trying to find a way to what is right but who ends up the villain.

Reaction score
Since this has been drudged back up from a few years ago and I've seen the movie again (mostly) recently I feel I have a more level headed view of the Sequel Trilogy. Why not weigh in on it again since ... what else are we going to do amiright?

TFA: Said above. Surprisingly derivative really, but shouldn't have been given JJ Abrams prior work. Walked out of the theater and the only word I could use to describe the feeling was 'Numb'. I had a feeling that Han Solo was going to die, but the way it was done was just so dismissive that I barely saw the rest of the movie after that. Looking back now I see the merits of different parts of this movie, but I'll never really love this movie. I guess that puts me in the Like TFA category. It gave us more Star Wars. I liked Rey and BB-8. I felt it started something that could get better.

TLJ: I've never been more disappointed walking out of a theater. HOPE was still there for this trilogy, and after this movie it just seemed like there really is no way to redeem Disney's movies in the eyes of the original fan base. The split in the fans was even worse than the backlash against the prequels.

TROS: This movie is done about as well as could be expected post TLJ. I would have liked a couple things to be better, but there is clearly some work done to redeem the trilogy, which was an unfortunate necessity.

PERSONALLY: I would like to see someone with some editing talent take TFA and TLJ and work them into 2 movies that are about an hour and a 45 min each. That would trim about 45 minutes of TLJ and about a half hour of TFA. It would be easy to trim 45 minutes from TLJ... just take out all of Canto Bight for starters.

***edited Age: 47

Last edited:
Reaction score
TPM : yes
AOTC : yes
ROTS : yes
ANH : yes
TESB : yes
ROTJ : yes
TFA : yes
TLJ : yes
TROS : yes
Ewok movies : yes
RO : yes
Solo : yes
CW : yes
Rebels : yes
Resistance : no
Mandalorian : yes

Reaction score
I recall being in the theater opening night for TLJ. Getting my Porg popcorn tin and a soda. It was a midnight showing and although tired I instantly sprang awake when the familiar John Williams title score blasted my eardrums. I read the crawl and anticipated the 2 year payoff of learning who Rey was ( Had to be Luke’s daughter whom he hid....right?), who Snoke was (Please let it be Plagueis it only makes sense and further ties the Prequels together with the saga....right?), what made Ben Solo turn to the darkside ( perhaps he was pulling a Dark Empire move as Luke did or he’s a straight copy of Jacen Solo....right?). I remember Luke tossing the Skywalker light saber and all I can figure is I went numb for a bit. Things were hazy and then it was over. I made my wife go the next day with me for a second viewing, perhaps the late hour had caught up to me and I semi-passed out, but that wasn’t the case. She was upset I had wasted money on what she said was “hot trash”.....3 times.

I could go on and on but it’d be nothing but sentiments we’ve all heard or read before. That’s how I’ll always remember TLJ, as a bad dream of sorts.

So in summary NO, I didn’t like it.

Edit: 39 now.

Reaction score
I started out with not liking TFA. The bland copying of ANH themes, the "we do it all bigger" issues, the old heroes' downfall and plain diminishing... I might have forgiven Rey for being a Mary Sue if she had gotten a character in the other sequels but that never happened. People seemed to like TFA because it was a riff on the old topics but tearing down the old EU (instead of boldly stepping into the future and claiming new, sound ground) wasn't worth it in the end. (And I even liked Han Solo's death - it was sort of a different heroism than everybody expected, and it was the only thing about Solo that showed his character progress, when everything else was a step - nay, a somersault - backwards.) There was still hope after TFA, though.

I continued not liking TLJ (my least liked SW movie ever). There were some interesting approaches but ultimately they got buried under a flood of various agendas, bad characters, good intent mixed with the absence of logic and coherence, dumb humor, misguided Marvel influences, even more old heroes getting the shift, and a complete disregard for the rules of the SW universe. Also, bad ship design and bad alien design. Worst of all, though, Johnson's ignoring of Abram's setup, which broke the trilogy and forced ROS to become what it ended as.

Then I ended up with not liking ROS. Granted, Abrams needed to salvage the smoking ruins of the shadow of an overall storyline, but neither the McGuffin hunt nor the resurrection of Palpatine (including the negation of the very core of the first 6 movies) did it for me. ROS turned out to be a rabbit zigzagging from one refusal of TLJ to the next, never covering ground, never making sense. It is a desperate attempt to get back on track that utterly fails because there never was a track to begin with.

I might have given up on SW altogether hadn't it been for Rogue One which was very good, and Solo which was at least better than its reputation. And now it's the Mandalorian that carries all hope. (Don't get me started on Resistance with its Jar Jar Xiono protagonist.) Or maybe my expectations are so low that it doesn't matter any more.

Reaction score
I still hold to my belief that TLJ is not only the worst of the ST, not only worse than all the PT, easily worse than the OT, but by far the worst SW film ever made. For me, personally, it's not even in the spectrum of SW it's so far removed. In essence, I write it out of my head aside from the very few crucial bits (Snoke and Luke dying) you have to adhere to.

My order from favorite to least (though some are in essence tied for me):
ESB
ROTJ
ANH
RO
SOLO
TFA
TROS
ROTS
TPM
AOTC
TLJ

IF you could Mando due to it being live-action (but not a movie) I'd place it between ANH and RO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This was the "most recent" thread for this sub-section on the main page. So chiming in to say what I've already spread around other sections of the sight:

Yes, big time. I think TLJ is not only the best of the sequels but the best Star Wars movie since the OT (beating out Rogue One for that title). I think it takes what came before in the OT, prequels, and TFA and moves all of it forward by applying serious pressure to the main characters -- in much the same way that ESB built upon the first movie.

I have plenty more to say, but I've said a lot of it in other sections. My condolences to those who really don't like it -- in my mind, you're missing out on something wonderful. But then again, I feel about TROS the way that MysterioMaximus feels about TLJ...so I guess, as Angelica might say, we can never be satisfied.

Reaction score
TFA was OK, kind of a carbon copy of ANH, so 1st time watching it I knew what was going to happen. But the movie does have some charm.

TLJ - Appreciate trying something different, & had one or 2 good scenes, but a lot of it was still carbon Copy of empire/Jedi. The movie had a lot of structural issues & undercut the bad guys to the point of no return. Character & story was inconsistent with the previous film.

RoS - The production/storyline read like 2 divorced producers fighting over what they think the history "really" was. Rey gets screwed over by the Jedi & Sith & the ending could be interpreted as F it lets start the bene gesserit.

The fact that its obvious there was never an overall plan distracts from the things you can legitimately enjoy about the movies. Good actors appropriate budget, but somehow it comes across as made from the Mortimer and Randolph school of film. (license to print money; how can we screw it up?)

Reaction score
TFA - Parts of it.
TLJ - even less parts of it
Old enough to see the Original before it was called "A new Hope" at the drive in sonny.

Reaction score
If TLJ was as well received and successful as Disney and TLJ supporters claim AND is Disney had the faith in Rian Johnson that they claimed to have he would have been the one to finish off the ST when they "parted ways" with Trevorrow.

I didn't like TLJ.

Reaction score
If TLJ was as well received and successful as Disney and TLJ supporters claim AND is Disney had the faith in Rian Johnson that they claimed to have he would have been the one to finish off the ST when they "parted ways" with Trevorrow.
CinemaBlend: How Close Rian Johnson Came To Directing Episode 9

The answer here (from an article before TLJ was released) was that his contract for VIII included an option for his own trilogy. So he was focused on developing that and planned to hand IX off to a third filmmaker to complete the trilogy. Of course, the third became the first...and we saw how that turned out.

I know Johnson is persona non grata in a lot of corners of SW fandom...but, yeah, I wish he had done IX instead of Abrams. Especially since, at the time, I was glad to trade IX for a unique trilogy from him -- but I can see why Johnson, Lucasfilm, or both now wouldn't want to deal with the crap that would entail.

edit: Also loved clicking through an early link in that article to an early-December 2017 article about how much Mark Hamill loved working with Johnson and wants to work with him on anything. While not something I've seen come up a ton here, I'm sure people in some corners of the fandom who want to stoke the story that there was huge animosity there would say this article was just a ruse for publicity. Though I thought that was supposed to be why he said nice things after the movie came out and some fans didn't like it. Hard to keep the story straight there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TFA Yes. I almost loved it.

TLJ No. I was confused, though I was entertained, I knew I did not enjoy it

ROS Yes. But also No.
It’s almost surreal and disappointing to see a Star Wars film treated this way. I see Star Wars movies as works of art. Breaking new ground, pushing the envelope on the status quo. It wasn’t Crystal Skull, but it was cheapened in other ways. Snokes in pickle jars? No thanks. He deserved better. The Emperor appears too soon and commands the fleet to rise with a hand gesture mid sentence.. seems silly. Rey Skywalker? Kill me now..

There is barely any merchandise.. not even anything posted on the photo archive, which is what this site is all about. The Star Wars plane has crashed into the mountain! But did I enjoy it? Yeah I kinda did. If Kathy put in more hours water skiing we may have had a winner.

Last edited:
Reaction score

The answer here (from an article before TLJ was released) was that his contract for VIII included an option for his own trilogy. So he was focused on developing that and planned to hand IX off to a third filmmaker to complete the trilogy. Of course, the third became the first...and we saw how that turned out.

I know Johnson is persona non grata in a lot of corners of SW fandom...but, yeah, I wish he had done IX instead of Abrams. Especially since, at the time, I was glad to trade IX for a unique trilogy from him -- but I can see why Johnson, Lucasfilm, or both now wouldn't want to deal with the crap that would entail.

edit: Also loved clicking through an early link in that article to an early-December 2017 article about how much Mark Hamill loved working with Johnson and wants to work with him on anything. While not something I've seen come up a ton here, I'm sure people in some corners of the fandom who want to stoke the story that there was huge animosity there would say this article was just a ruse for publicity. Though I thought that was supposed to be why he said nice things after the movie came out and some fans didn't like it. Hard to keep the story straight there.
That's all well and good but it's clear that these things are fluid and plans change quickly. If they were able to pivot from Trevorrow to Abrams they could have easily pivoted from Trevorrow to Johnson for Episode 9. I don't believe for a nanosecond that if Lucasfilm came to Johnson and said "hey let's have you finish of this Trilogy. We are moving on from Trevorrow and the public response to TLJ indicates that they love your vision for TLJ" that he would have said "No"

My conspiracy theory take which is totally based in fantasy land:

They knew they had a potential lightning rod in TLJ but they weren't going to let any kind of negativity leak before release. We already had the public knowledge of the back scene drama with Rogue One and Solo leaking out and Lucasfilm was already seen as shaky by the fan base. Instead we got an empty endorsement of RJ before TLJ came out by announcing his Trilogy...which will never be made.

Reaction score
Not to open this huge can of worms again, but TLJ was very off putting because of the sexist agenda. Why bother trying to provide a strong female presence when you already have the strongest most beloved female in all if Science Fiction with Leia? She leads an entire rebellion against a Sith controlled empire, and topples them. not to mention Mon Mothma, who also is a strong female character. They also tried too hard to use the "MCU" style funny moments. Instead of building on greatness, they decided to negate all of it, so Disney's characters seem mightier than Lucas characters. It was doomed from the start. Luke, the most inspirational orphan to hero is reduced to a coward. Han solo the dashing rogue who has repented his ways is reduced to a deadbeat dad in a failed marraigh...Disney should have seen failure all over this from the start.

Reaction score
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
I am legitimately curious as to what the ratio is on the forum. So if you could, post:

The Last Jedi- Yes or No
The Force Awakens- Yes or No
Age-

If you're somewhere in the middle or indifferent and don't know what to put, consider the question this way-- Are you content with it the way it is? Or would you prefer something different from what it is?

I don't make the rules so I can't stop you, and I know this is the internet, so it can be hard, but please refrain from peppering in your fleshed out opinions on the film and from throwing in snarky or backhanded comments one way or the other. We've got threads all over the forum for bickering and pontificating.

I'm just curious how many people did or did not like The Last Jedi. And for posterity whether or not they/you/we liked The Force Awakens. And the age question is just to see if it's much of a generational thing or not. It's not to label older members as stubborn or younger members as immature. Skip the age question if you want to.

The Last Jedi- No
The Force Awakens- Yes
Age- 36
No one liked it. I don't believe anyone actually likes the film. The only people who say they like it do so because it checked a political box for them, or because they think it furthered a pet social agenda.

Reaction score
Now that all of this rubbish is over, I can safely say that 'The Last Jedi' was the most interesting film of the new trilogy. But "interesting" doesn't mean that it was good, which it most definitely was not. But, Johnson isn't a persona-non-grata to me, I have to say. His last picture has shown that given the right material he can shine, and 'Knives Out' was a clear demonstration of that. It's an excellent film. One of the best of last year.

But, unfortunately, nothing in 'The Last Jedi' stands up. The story is stupid, the logic is flawed, the characters don't act in a realistic manner, nor are they a reflection of themselves from previous movies, the humour is bloody awful and terribly jarring.

But, given its competition, the bland and insipid semi-remake of 'The Force Awakens' and the stupidly named, dreadfully plotted, slapdashed mess that was 'The Rise of Skywalker', 'The Last Jedi' ends up being noteworthy simply because it took a few risks. Risks that ultimately proved to be its downfall, and probably the ultimate downfall of the entire trilogy as well.

At the end of the day the whole trilogy of films ends up, not enhancing the Star Wars story, but severely damaging it in a very real way. So, in that respect, it becomes impossible to like 'The Last Jedi', but not only that, it's impossible to like any of the films in the last trilogy.

Reaction score

You seem like a rather level headed fellow, so I come to you with a plea. Explain to me what you liked so much about TLJ? This is not meant in a combative way and I will not respond with scoffs and rants. I honestly cannot see what others may be interested in with this movie. I will admit that I came into this Disney Trilogy with a lot of baggage and expectations from the EU. Once I got over that I could at least enjoy TFA.

TLJ starts with a couple of terrible jokes and a decent scene of space combat (that was itself quite flawed) followed by the horrendously filmed and non-explained flying Leia scene. After that, there is Rey trying to persuade Jake Skywalker, a side quest that accomplishes nothing and a slow speed chase through space. The visuals in many parts were great.

So I'm truly interested... did you read any of the EU? Are you really into the visuals? Was it the connection with Rey and Kylo (which was actually not bad in my opinion and actually paid off in TROS)?

Reaction score
On the first viewing I really liked parts. Some of the scenes were amazing to watch. But as soon as I began to question some of what I saw and watched it a second time I really disliked it. In fact, did I even watch it twice? I honestly can't remember now.. I must have done, I always believed I had.. odd.

Anyway, first of all, straight out of the gate my biggest gripe was how none of the answers I was asking were explained. For me there were so many things left unanswered after TFA.

I wanted world building around the First Order & to know who on earth Snoke was. They completely discarded 2 years worth of people questioning and making videos/talking about "Who is Snoke?". This made me lose so much faith in the franchise and the direction they were going in when they threw him in the trash can.

I LOVED the scene in TROS when it was finally explained who Snoke was.. that really pulled me back into it. It's just a shame that it was 2 years too late, and that the rest of TROS felt like an absolute disjointed mess to me.

Back to TLJ, I still question the time span - the fact they can be in a high risk space chase but still have time/capability to fly off to another planet - train to be a Jedi/chase after some stupid side quest and still make it back before the timer runs out? It seemed really weird to me that they were so worried about how much time they had left whilst they were SO far away from the action - it just didn't feel right at all.

"Ships can fly really fast and it was explained how they were able to do that."

Yeah? So what - I could start on a 5 hour train journey battling back and forth in a hostage situation to stop it from blowing up - hop off the train onto a helicopter and go for lunch for an hour in a completely different destination and fly back to catch up with the train before it reaches it's destination and still save the day. It's all feasible and could work in the laws of our universe - but from an entertainment/logic perspective, it is still an utterly stupid narrative to play out.

I don't know, I really can't put my finger on it - it just felt SO off. Maybe I'm a pessimist/sociopath - if I was in an incredibly dangerous situation that was only going to end one way, but managed to get to an entirely different planet and escape that danger I'd certainly lose some of my motivation for going back..

I'm repeating myself now, god some parts of this film really winds me up. Which is hella frustrating because there are some awesome plot elements to the story. And y'know what? I didn't even mind Luke's character arc at all - I was confused by the backlash to that, actually!

The humour and the General Hux stuff I didn't mind at first, I knew straight away "Ahh, you're doing a Marvel thing, I like that - audiences will like this - nice one Rian, you're keeping the product fresh!"

Rose - I didn't mind her, she was a little irritating but generally OK as a character. However I couldn't remember if she lived or died at the end. Was she in TROS?

I do kinda remember zoning out at the end as they were all getting back together onto the Millenium Falcon and thinking "Ehhh, I don't really care where you all go from here.". Which evidently showed as I largely noped out Star Wars for a few years.

I'm going to give it a re-watch though, I want the Sequel Trilogy to make sense and I really want to at least be able to look at them storywise in a good light. Now some of the world building has been expanded on I might be able go in without the expectation of finding out who Snoke was, etc.

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet A LOT of money that you could take all that was filmed in this trilogy and make a better trilogy simply with the edit. (If you haven't seen "How Star Wars was saved in the Edit" you should.
Lol I am on it as soon as I secure what I need. If you edit TLJ and move parts of it around with parts of ROS...it works but you only have 2 movies worth of stuff...unless you completely use filler. Things i would change:
The last jedi battle in throne room would be combined with ROS final battle, erasing Palpy from the story almost entirely.
Coward luke needs to train rey willingly with council from Yoda, Ben, and Anakin. He is in isolation simply because he got stuck there.

Last edited: