Diamond Select to produce 1/4 scale figures????

Reaction score
Re: DIAMOND SELECT 1/4 SCALE FIGURES

Only $27.99 at BBTS, Preorder for Jan 2010. The description even states it is in perfect scale with their 1/4 scale figures.

Reaction score

BlueLeader said:
Only $27.99 at BBTS, Preorder for Jan 2010. The description even states it is in perfect scale with their 1/4 scale figures.
Wow, its been a while since anyone has quoted less than $30 for a 1/4 scale item, I'm in

Reaction score

Why does Luke look like Joaquin Phoenix?
-theropod

Reaction score

He looks too plasticy. I don't like it. With the sculpt that we've seen on the sideshow PF being so good (barring a dodgy paint app) it's going to make any Luke look pretty poor in comparison. Price advantage or not.

Reaction score

Art Asylum just announced that the DST UQS Darth Vader will be released late Summer 2010
. I am getting one if it impresses me like the Maul, Han, and Obi-Wan have. Even the Anakin is very good it just needs the face repainted.

"Are there plans to make a ultimate quarter scale darth vader?

DSTChuck: Yes he will be in stores hopefully late summer 2010."

Reaction score

We really need to see some pics of this

Reaction score

Does anyone know if the R2-D2 Quarter Scale bust-bank has been canceled? It was supposed to be released in Feb, but at Toyfair they showed a combo C-3PO/R2-D2 bank, but not the originally planned R2 one.

BJR

Reaction score

Does anyone have much experience with Diamond Select?

My plans for this line were to get both Obi-Wan Kenobi figures (ROTS and ANH), ROTS Anakin, and Darth Vader so that I could display two Obi/Vader duels.

Right now, I have two of the figures (ANH Obi and Anakin).

I purchased the ANH Obi-Wan online. The figure broke in two places during my first attempts to pose it (the joints were super stiff). I contacted Diamond since I could not return the original item for replacement. Diamond readily agreed to replace the item (correspondence via email). Only thing I had to do was ship the head of Obi-Wan to their offices and they'd ship out a replacement figure. That was two months ago. Subsequent emails have gone unanswered. Contact info on their website is limited to email. I looked at their parent company's website and found a 1-800 number that I suppose I will have to call on Monday.

I have been waiting for ROTS Obi to ship from Amazon for a couple months now, but they just changed the status yesterday to unavailable with unknown shipping date. Looking around online, I noticed Entertainment Earth lists the figure as cancelled.

I can't imagine the cancelled the line after just announcing Vader would be available later this year. Anyone know if they are eliminating some of the figures from the line?

Color me puzzled.

Ben

Reaction score

BJR said:
Does anyone have much experience with Diamond Select?

My plans for this line were to get both Obi-Wan Kenobi figures (ROTS and ANH), ROTS Anakin, and Darth Vader so that I could display two Obi/Vader duels.

Right now, I have two of the figures (ANH Obi and Anakin).

I purchased the ANH Obi-Wan online. The figure broke in two places during my first attempts to pose it (the joints were super stiff). I contacted Diamond since I could not return the original item for replacement. Diamond readily agreed to replace the item (correspondence via email). Only thing I had to do was ship the head of Obi-Wan to their offices and they'd ship out a replacement figure. That was two months ago. Subsequent emails have gone unanswered. Contact info on their website is limited to email. I looked at their parent company's website and found a 1-800 number that I suppose I will have to call on Monday.

I have been waiting for ROTS Obi to ship from Amazon for a couple months now, but they just changed the status yesterday to unavailable with unknown shipping date. Looking around online, I noticed Entertainment Earth lists the figure as cancelled.

I can't imagine the cancelled the line after just announcing Vader would be available later this year. Anyone know if they are eliminating some of the figures from the line?

Color me puzzled.

Ben
Saw this on the Diamond Select Q&A this morning...

Dear Sir, please let me know when we will see the Obi Wan Ep-3 Ultimate Quarter figure and Grand Moff Tarkin figure? Thanks!

DSTChuck: Tarkin is not on the schedule right now, we had hoped he would sell as an exclusive. Obi Wan should be in stores this summer.

Reaction score

I just spoke to a guy from Most Wanted Collectibles and he told me that he was informed by a Diamond Select rep that the UQS Tattooine Han Solo has been cancelled for now but may be released in the future.

The sculpt on it was nice and I was really looking forward to this figure.

Reaction score

Did anyone here buy the 1/4 OT Emperor?

Is this line just too ridiculously cheap-lookin' in-person to consider displaying?

Reaction score
Re: Diamond Select to produce 1/4 scale figures???

1:3 scale??? WTF???

K_D

Reaction score

I've picked up the Mace Windu, Obi-Wan ROTS and Emperor ROTJ recently. I did modify the height of the Emperor and Obi-Wan and also made a base for Mace which I plan on doing for them all eventually
They fit in very well with the PF's imo

I plan on painting the Emperors neck so it matches the head.

Reaction score

Really nice

What about the Royal Guard, any news about that?

Reaction score

I'm SO disappointed that they cancelled Vader...

BUT not that disappointed since they Vader sculpt is one we've seen time and time again -- from the Gentle Giant scan...on statues, busts, encore 1/2 scale statue, new cookie jar, diamond bust

K_D

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
Really nice

Cancelled along with the whole line.

Reaction score

I have the Maul and really like the head. I cannot believe they canceled the line. Vader and Boba would be very cool.

Reaction score

I have a few of these and was really impressed with them (Maul, Hoth Han, Old Ben). I thought the face sculpts were great - better than the product GG has been putting out lately. I'll probably pick up a few more down the road. Bummer that it didn't take off.

Reaction score

I have both the Hoth Han and ANH Han and they are both awesome. They really stand up against the Sideshow PFs. Here are my two:

Reaction score

ALongTimeAgo - Is that Diamond Quarter scale Han a pre-production piece prototype or did a few of these find their way out to retail? If a few did find their way out into stores, it's going to be like looking for that 12 inch Indy in German Trooper disguise that Hasbro put out a few years back again (Why is Harrison Ford always so elusive at the toy aisle?).

Reaction score

K_D said:
Sergiu said:
Really nice

Cancelled along with the whole line.
Too bad, I was looking forward to see this figure, not too much to go wrong on it, since it was a helmet and some robes.

Reaction score

Darth-

There were a few that slipped out. I found a guy who had 1 for sale on ebay and I had to talk him into doing a BIN instead of waiting 6 days for it and possibly missing out on it.

I have yet to see another one on ebay or in person.

Reaction score

So what did the final list of produced figs end up being? I know there was

Maul
Old Ben
Young Ben
Hoth Han
Mace
Anakin
Luke ROTJ

Was that it?

K_D

Reaction score

toasterstrudels said:
So what did the final list of produced figs end up being? I know there was

Maul
Old Ben
Young Ben
Hoth Han
Mace
Anakin
Luke ROTJ

Was that it?
Those 7 + the ANH Han ALongTimeAgo posted a pic of and the Emperor I posted pics of.
They had previewed the ANH Luke, Vader and the Royal Guard but those never made it into stores.

Reaction score

ALongTimeAgo said:
Darth-

There were a few that slipped out. I found a guy who had 1 for sale on ebay and I had to talk him into doing a BIN instead of waiting 6 days for it and possibly missing out on it.

I have yet to see another one on ebay or in person.
You will have to post some pictures after you get it.

Reaction score

There is one pic above...I will take more tonight.

Reaction score

ALongTimeAgo said:
There is one pic above...I will take more tonight.
I was talking about posting a picture of the Darth Vader you got on ebay when you get it.

Reaction score

Anyone have any of these for sale? Since the line was so short love to put a set together. I bought Old Ben from a Comic shop. I was so looking forward to adding Vader to him but Oh well.

Reaction score

It is sad that the line has ended. I think if DS had adjusted the body so that it wasn't so thin in the middle that the line would have survived. Here are a couple of shots of mine:

Reaction score

I never really followed this line but am interested in a maul. Is he tough to get? My plan is to use the lower half of this maul with the top half of SS cyborg maul.

Reaction score

I haven't seen the Maul in quite some time. Personally I think Maul was the best of the bunch. You might have some luck a one of the many shows coming up. I always find what I'm after at FanExpo Canada. My annual August trip to T.O.
It's too bad NONE of the companies have a Canadian Exclusive
. I think GG should make a Snowtrooper Commander mini bust just for that show. I mean it's a big enough con so why not? Sorry dude got off track there
. Man that sound like an expensive project but I bet it would look amazing.
Good luck man I hope you find one.

Reaction score

I wish they did the Royal Guard and even a Stormtrooper

Reaction score

Anyone got any broken ones for sale?
I just want the robes.
I already got the maul robe for my PF

Reaction score

geez, they had the maul for $24!!

Reaction score
I know I'm late to the show, but any chance anybody here has extra parts for this one at all? Like the robe and the lightsabre?