Diamond Select to produce 1/4 scale figures????

Reaction score
Re: Diamond Select 1/4 scale figures

Picked up the Darth Maul 1/4 scale for under $40 with gift cards I had. Overall, really happy with it & the sound chips are a nice addition. Not too sure on some of the human likenesses coming up.

Reaction score

I saw the Maul at one of my local TRUs yesterday. It looks like they changed the lightsaber handle so that it no longer has the magnets in them, but instead are connected by a center piece? That's a good change, because the magnets are weak, and leave the saber a little weak. Plus, the ends break off if you pull them straight out of the hand. So, kudos to DST for the change.

Unfortunately, every single box I saw (6-8) was damaged. The plastic window was either dented or torn from the side. Not a huge deal if you open it, but something to watch out for.

Reaction score

Haven't really followed these with much interest...they looked kind of "meh" to me, but Curto's review and pics at least made Darth Maul look pretty cool. I happened to see one in person today at TRU and, man, this is one cool looking figure! I don't collect 1/4 scale, so I had to pass because "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
It seems there will be an 1/4 Royal Guard as well.
Man, I too was going to stay away from these, but a royal guard would be a must for me. My favorite character and my 501st outfit as well. Wonder when it will come out...

This Product is expected to be in stock on Friday, 29. May 2009 according to that German Toy Palace site.

mjb

Reaction score

I picked the 1/4 indy a couple of days ago. I have to say I am very happy with it. It looks alot betetr in person than it does on the pictures I have seen on the net. Plus, I had 75.00 in gift cards, so it only cost me 8.00.

Reaction score

ironic, but any pics? Been toying with getting it (think the sculpts good but the plastic hads a real turn off) at some point if its alright.

Reaction score

Do they expect people to buy these figures? The horror, the horror...

Reaction score

Unfortunately, the sculpt doesn't resemble Mark Hamill at all.
I really hope that's just a prototype sculpt they used before they got likeness approval.

Reaction score

I have to agree that the sculpt looks nothing like Luke/Mark, even after looking at the pics several times today...it's just not there

Reaction score

I seem to have a bit of a knack for spotting likenesses lately..

Looks like the verdict's already in folks..
this Luke's been, " shot down in a blaze of glory!!.."

Reaction score

Jon Bon Skywalker.. that is a riot!!!

So far I'd say they have their nerve!!!

Please.. somebody stop the bleeding!!! Luke looks like he has food in his mouth and is in mid swallow!!

The Maul does look pretty good from the pics here but they really have to be kidding with the sculpts and the "amounts they're talking" with regard to price.

How many lines does the Maul have? Does it really sound like him from the movie?

Reaction score

I know the sculpt is the key, and I understand and agree with the likeness issues but... It just looks like a big old fun toy. Luke, nearly 2ft tall! I may be tempted by this one at least.

Reaction score

I really like Darth Maul, but everytime I look at the four that have been shelfwarming at my local TRU it's like I want to buy it, but I just can't pull the trigger.

For $80 I can just buy a SS 12"er that would fit in with all my others.

Reaction score
DIAMOND SELECT, DARTH MAUL.

SunTzu said:
I really like Darth Maul, but everytime I look at the four that have been shelfwarming at my local TRU it's like I want to buy it, but I just can't pull the trigger.

I understand what you meen, i was concerned about this darth maul but decided to pick it up and ime happy to say that i did, the detail and clothing is really good, with the articulation and the sound chip ( which i was concerned about ) turned out really well, i would recomend this piece to any maul fan, pics to follow soon.

Pics as promised.

Compared to SS PF.

SS PF with diamonds robe on.

Reaction score
Re: DIAMOND SELECT, DARTH MAUL.

I hate to say this cause I love Sideshow a lot - particularly the premium format Maul, but I have to say -- I think the Diamond face looks a LOT more signature of Maul -- the quality of the paint isn't as great but the sculpt if the Maul is amazing -- the Luke and the rest disappoint a bit tho...

fuallmf said:
SunTzu said:

I understand what you meen, i was concerned about this darth maul but decided to pick it up and ime happy to say that i did, the detail and clothing is really good, with the articulation and the sound chip ( which i was concerned about ) turned out really well, i would recomend this piece to any maul fan, pics to follow soon.

Pics as promised.

Compared to SS PF.

SS PF with diamonds robe on.

Reaction score
Re: Diamond Select to produce 1/4 scale figures???

btw
these are the Bruce Lee Bodies from Art Asylum if I'm not mistaken===

keep Bruce if you gots 'em
he now has some friends...

demorathis said:
The bodies look really good if you see them in the toy fair thumbnails -- I like the maul with the exception of the red neck -- I am really looking forward to getting a Vader w 2 stormtroopers and a boba fett -- plus the 1/3 scale roto figure---------- last one was from Reds...Japan-correction the reds was 1/2 scale (3 ft tall)

Reaction score

demorathis said:
I hate to say this cause I love Sideshow a lot - particularly the premium format Maul, but I have to say -- I think the Diamond face looks a LOT more signature of Maul -- the quality of the paint isn't as great but the sculpt if the Maul is amazing.
I was to comment on those pictures earlier, but I backed down because I was expecting heavy flaming and being declared a mental case by SSC fanboys.

Seriously, I too find the headsculpt better for a number of reasons.
The only downside might be the horns, which looks slightly better on the Premium figure.

I stick to my previous thoughts about this line.
It may not be perfect, but I'm getting a lot more excited about every announcement than SSC managed to since their Jedi Luke.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
It may not be perfect, but I'm getting a lot more excited about every announcement than SSC managed to since their Jedi Luke.
Maul looks good, but everything that has come after is pretty bad in my opinion. What is it that's getting you excited, exactly?

Reaction score

Diamond's Ultimate Quarter Scale at NYCC 2009

Yep, that Mace Windu figure definitely has a great headsculpt.
Even Hoth Han's parka looks puffier than it originally did, which is quite an improvement.

Anakin's looks really good too, apart from the paintjob on the eyes maybe.
Old Obi Wan looks pretty good as well, apart from the neck line.
Luke still has a weird pouty expression.

Reaction score

That has to be the WORST Luke head sculpt in history.
There is no excuse to not get it right in this scale.

Reaction score

Mike_S said:
That has to be the WORST Luke head sculpt in history.
There is no excuse to not get it right in this scale.
I totally agree with ya, Mike.

Reaction score

Nice subtle hint from Curto there about the next figure that will be revealed next week. We already know its the Royal Guard because some store in Germany has it up for preorder coming out at the end of May.

Reaction score

Apart from the obvious neck join, i think old Ben looks great. Still havent got any of these yet, im hoping their going to come down in price in the UK at some point.

Reaction score

smiles_hope said:
Nice subtle hint from Curto there about the next figure that will be revealed next week. We already know its the Royal Guard because some store in Germany has it up for preorder coming out at the end of May.
Is that true? I didn't know about that...

Well, we should SEE the figure at Toy Fair...how's that?