Diamond Select to produce 1/4 scale figures????

Reaction score
Re: Diamond Select to produce 1/4 scale figures???

The Maul sculpt does look pretty good, but what really surprised me is that the outfits on Maul & Ben look great. Han just looks like junk though. Definite pass on all.

Reaction score

I'm still going with the, wait and see theory. I've seen it too many times, we all have our minds made up and the figures end up pretty cool. Yeah, I'm not crazy about the Han/Hoth but the Maul looks pretty cool(One of the better facial representations I've seen).

Reaction score

Maul looks sweet and for $80, you can't beat that...now we i can have a tatooine styled Maul next to my PF maul...of course the same quality, but still!!!!!! he turned out the best so far of the four!!!!!JMHO!!!!

Reaction score

I was interested in them.

But the inclusion of 'chase' figures on something like this?

No Sir, I don't like it.

I'll pass.

Reaction score

You know, after seeing these at SDCC, these are giant action figures. They should NOT be compared to the SS Premium Format line.

With that said, how can Diamond sell these for $80 when SS charges us $70 and up for a 12" version?

I don't get it.

Reaction score

JimCorrigan said:
You know, after seeing these at SDCC, these are giant action figures. They should NOT be compared to the SS Premium Format line.

With that said, how can Diamond sell these for $80 when SS charges us $70 and up for a 12" version?
Because the SSC is a much higher quality by direct comparison. Bigger doesn’t necessarily translate into better.

Here are a couple of the images I took at SDCC 2008 of the Diamond figures of Obi-Wan ANH and Han ESB. I wasn’t overly impressed with what I saw so I didn’t spend much time with them.

Here is Han ESB

Here is Obi-Wan ANH

Here is a close-up of the saber they have Ben posed with. I’m sure this is just ignorance on the part of whoever put him up in the display case; that hopefully he ships with the correct saber.

Reaction score

Thanks for the pics, Shadow. I have to say, those figures look remarkably underwhelming. I'm going to have to pass.

Reaction score

These are BIG and ridiculous, and I'm all in!! For $75 I say that Obi-Wan sculpt is dead-on accurate.
Problem is, where are you gonna put these monsters? It would be great if they came on giant over-sized cards with huge blisters. Then we could get them AFA graded in GINORMOUS plexi-glass cases that were seriously, like, 6 feet tall!

or maybe not

But still, I think I'm in.

Reaction score

Jack_Victory said:
JGordon24 said:
toasterstrudels said:
The face looks like it came straight from Robot Chicken.
Ohmygosh...you're right!
Hahahaha... that is funny.

As a children's "high end toy", maybe these work, but definitely not for the serious collector.
that prototype is very old and you should check out the new pictures on artasylum.com if you want your mind to be changed about the whole line, you can't go by the early stage pictures.

Reaction score

Im interested to see at least the Maul in the flesh, so to speak. If he is comparable to say, NECA's 18" lines i'll try and pick him up.

Art Asylum's latest blog also mentions they are looking into producing Vader and other armored characters.

Reaction score

are we sure han is not really leia. LOL

with that thin body and pose um...

seems like he is saying..

" oh my gosh... don't shoot me .. please mr. probe droid."

Reaction score

Darth Maul is a really cool toy! Check out the teaser....

More to come...!

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Darth Maul is a really cool toy! Check out the teaser....

More to come...!
The outfit and paint on this one are more than enough to get your money's worth, I love him!

Reaction score

LIFE SIZE YODA for only 170??!!
1:3 scale figures for only 40 dollars??!!!

Reaction score

I've shut down the other thread, so please continue to discuss here in this one.

Anyway, here are a pair of new Darth Maul teaser pictures for your viewing pleasure:

More to come....just let me know what you'd like to see!

Reaction score

i'd like to see a full body shot with cloak, and an extreme close up on his face and saber. thanks a lot!

Reaction score

Ask and ye shall receive.....

I added the extra shot of the lightsaber to show how it comes apart...the two halves are held together by small magnets in the hilts, and the blades can be inserted into each side.

There's a lot more to come...stay tuned!

Reaction score

This one looks really good , i think i will be picking this one up, i like the way his hands can bend up and down for diffirent poses instead of haveing about 12 diffirent pairs of hands. Yeah i will be picking this one up, just not sure about the others though.

Reaction score

This one is pretty impressive. I may have to seek this one out.

Nice photos Mr. Curto. How has the figure been? What would be your micro review?

I think the Mace and the ROTS Obi pics shown so far show great promise. Not so sure about the Alex Guinness likeness for the ANH Obi-Wan.

Also, disappointing news about the ANH Obi-Wan getting the ROTS saber.

Reaction score

I'm curious if/when they produce a Vader or Stormtooper

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
I've shut down the other thread, so please continue to discuss here in this one.
Yeah, you kinda closed the official, longer running thread.

I just saw this on Art Asylum's website.

Could this possibly mean we're getting a 1/4 scale Anakin soon?

Reaction score

Either one would be a welcome addition and would surely create a hotbed of attention for the line. I agree with others that using the same saber for Obi-Wan is disappointing for accuracy sake
And I still feel that the boxes cheapen the line, especially the "tickle-me-Elmo" style hole in the front plastic so you can tickle their bellies
Ok, ok I know it is to play the sound clips but I would prefer the button and "tickle hole" had been in the back of the figure.

Sergiu said:
I'm curious if/when they produce a Vader or Stormtooper

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
Mr Curto said:
Yeah, you kinda closed the official, longer running thread.
This one was more popular, so it wins out.

Here are a few more sneak peeks!

"At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last, we will have revenge." suddenly takes on a whole new meaning..

Reaction score

Oh boy. You just had to go and take a nude shot, didn't you.
You sick f***.

Reaction score

Okay, I've teased you folks long enough....the full review and Photo Archive update is now live! Enjoy!

Reaction score
Re: Diamond Select 1/4 scale figures

From ArtAsylum blog: ROTS Anakin head sculpt revealed and approved by Lucas:

A promising start.

Reaction score

Promising if you wondered what Boy George would look like if he were Anakin Skywalker maybe.

Not liking that at all.

Reaction score

It actually looks A LOT like the head sculpt for the ROTS Anakin Evolution figure.

Reaction score

CODA said:
It actually looks A LOT like the head sculpt for the ROTS Anakin Evolution figure.
Bingo

Reaction score

Final painted head :

Think Maul is still the only one i may pick up.

Reaction score

That paint job is awful.

Kills the sculpt.

As an aside...anyone know how far a sculpt can be 'pushed up'.

For example, if one had a Darren Carnell/Andy B. Anakin 1/6 could it be upped at all?

Reaction score

That Maul actually looks pretty cool.

I might pick it up after all.

Reaction score

I gotta say, with a little bit of fuzzing and a repaint, this figure will look great.

The headsculpt is very good, no doubt about that.
The jawline is more accurate than SSC's 1/6 scale figure and the hair isn't a helmet, like the SSC's has.

The factory paintjob isn't great but it is definitely better than SSC first Anakin.

Also, some of the SSC figures look little like the actors that played them. The final production piece Han Solo and Luke look awful, IMO. The new SSC PF Anakin also looks pretty off to me.

The Diamond 1/4 scale is constantly under heavy fire.
In most cases undeservedly so. Yes, the body sculpts are a little weird, the first prototype of the Emperor looked awful, but Darth Maul, Mace Windu, Obi Wan and now Anakin all look really nice (with a little bit of fuzzing).

sTk

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
The Diamond 1/4 scale is constantly under heavy fire.
In most cases undeservedly so. Yes, the body sculpts are a little weird, the first prototype of the Emperor looked awful, but Darth Maul, Mace Windu, Obi Wan and now Anakin all look really nice (with a little bit of fuzzing).
I couldn't agree more. The Darth Maul really looks awesome and I think I prefer the look of it to SSC's 1/6 [which I never truly liked as much] and I think this whole line will be really good. Hopefully they'll sort Palpatine out and if so, this could be a solid line.

In saying that I think the AA pictures aren't doing them justice as Curto's pictures showed off Maul a helluva lot better. The saber's are putting me off them but apart from that I really like these. Especially the Old-Ben.

Reaction score

Despite being a bit harsh on this one earlier - seeing the full thing has made me quite excited for this one. Some futzing needed but show me a figures that doesn't.

I'll be picking the Maul up too.

Reaction score

Agreed - seeing the head in context with the body gives a better representation. Although not coming with a robe is a bit of a downer.

I think im definately going to pick up the Maul, and then, possibly, Ani and Ep 3 Obi for a Mustafar duel.

Reaction score

Found the Maul today at two of my local TRU's for $79.99...in one box his whole foot/leg had come off.