Diamond Select to produce 1/4 scale figures????

Reaction score
Re: Diamond Select to produce 1/4 scale figures???

They need to redesign the body so the neck area is more like RAH or SS. The neck on the figures body is static. The headsculpts are forced to sit on top of this static neck area, and it really hurts the figures look. If they tweaked that body so the headsculpts can have their own necks, and swivel about like SS and RAH, and then they really put some real effort into those head sculpts, this line would be killer.

Reaction score

In the words of Captain Panaka "Looks pretty bad"

I think they should quit while they're ahead.

Reaction score

The bodies look really good if you see them in the toy fair thumbnails -- I like the maul with the exception of the red neck -- I am really looking forward to getting a Vader w 2 stormtroopers and a boba fett -- plus the 1/3 scale roto figure---------- last one was from Reds...Japan-correction the reds was 1/2 scale (3 ft tall)

Reaction score
I'm EXCITED about the NEW DST 18" Star Wars figures! This was the BEST Toy Fair news for me! I have collected both Hasbro and Sideshow 12" SW figures and DST's new 18" sound even BETTER! The BIGGER the BETTER I say! And, they TALK and only cost $75 each which can be discounted! I want an 18" SLAVE LEIA!!!

Reaction score

Is that a Chewie picture behind Maul?

If they do him I will pick one up in a heartbeat, (if it has real fur,) because it's probably going to take SS years before they get around to making one.

Reaction score

K_D said:
I've just realised whats bugging me about that Obi-Wan other than the face, he doesnt have a belt?
What bugs me about Obi-Wan is that bent pinky finger. That does not look right.

Reaction score

and the jedi attire is off (tabbards are too short) and no belt

Reaction score

doot said:
What bugs me about Obi-Wan is that bent pinky finger. That does not look right.
When my pinky finger was like that a doctor plunged a novacane filled needle in it and wrenched it into a vice.
-theropod

Reaction score

im really looking forward to these. my son will love them. 75 bucks for a nice big figure is great.

i will get a boba and chewie for myself if they do them.

for those who are complaining you cant compare them to the PF. just look at the price difference alone. something this big with cloth material and at that price, cant be beat.

i dont collect SS stuff, other then the PF boba, but to me all the face sculpts of the 12 inch line stink.

austin

Reaction score

I'm really curious about their 1:3 Vader and stormtrooper helmet

Reaction score

cpenafan said:
for those who are complaining you cant compare them to the PF. just look at the price difference alone. something this big with cloth material and at that price, cant be beat.
The old sayings are if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is; and you get what you pay for come to mind. Cheap usually equals cheap. In my opinion thinking you're going to be getting a PF item for a fraction of the price also means you'll be getting a fraction of the PF quality. I don't know if that is a real bargain when spending real money but even Rubies has a buying audience who can't tell the difference and buy their items so who is to say?

I'll reserve further judgment until I see some of these in person, but based on the photos I've seen posted I have better ways to waste money than on these items.

K_D

Reaction score

Luke

Indy looks good though so han could to.

Might be tempted to pick Indy up at least.

Reaction score

So far the Star Wars ones look pretty weak. Big toy dolls, really. Indy doesn't look so bad though.

1:1 Yoda for $175!???

Reaction score

Wow... these are... well, I'll just say pass. I didn't like them when I first saw the pics, so I figured I would give them a few days and come back to them. They still do not do it for me. Oh well. That isn't necessarily a bad thing - another line I know I do not have to collect. This line is on par with GG's Kustomz line to me.

K_D

Reaction score

I quite like the sculpt for the Indy head, the clothes don't look right in that photo but I'm thinking that once you mess around with it and get it in good pose they'll look fine.
I'd be tempted to paint the neck though to make the skin tone match the face as that looks odd.
I'm fairly confident that I could mock up a base for this and it wouldn't look bad as a cheap alternative for a Indy PF to go along side the few other non SW PFs I have.

Reaction score

K_D said:
With the stance of Lukes hands I can see a caption on this photo of Luke saying "Oh, you make me so angry".

Edit: Just noticed they have this photo captioned as ANH Luke Skywalker.

K_D

Reaction score

The hands seem to be the same on every one of these, I hope these hands are just for the prototypes and they're planning on making them have a bit of articulation or something....
That Luke really is awful

Reaction score

Wonder if it would be possible to get a SS PF Boba and out the armour on one of these 1/4 bodies? Make it a poseable 1/4-scale PF statue. At $75 it'd almost be worth getting one to use the body.

Reaction score

I'd like to see some pics of the Stormtrooper and Vader

Reaction score
I'm thinking the more players the better the game. I like the idea of having more choices on what I can buy. I love the Sideshow PFs, but if Diamond Select puts out good versions of the same figures, I could possibly get two maybe three different DS characters for the price of one SS PF character. I know the SS PFs aren't (Toys)plastic except for Boba(mostly) and they're limited edition, that makes no difference to me as long as I get a cool looking piece. Sounds like DS is going to be releasing some pretty cool stuff. I guess I'll just wait and see.

Reaction score
Was the Han Solo in Hoth gear on display? Has anyone seen any photos? I noticed there were two pics earlier in this thread that got taken down, and evidently one of them was the Jedi Luke, so I thought I'd ask again.

I'll admit I'm not wild about the hands. Anyone else think they look like the hands of The Wicked Witch of the West?
I'm not going to make a judgement on these until I actually see Han's likeness and find out just how hard the chase figures are going to be to get. If Han looks bad and the chase figures are a pain, then I'll probably start complaining. Otherwise, I like the size and the fact they'll have a voice chip.

Reaction score
I understand the wonky hand concerns, but if that's the biggest problem I don't see it as all that bad. Look at the SS PF Luke his fingers are way long
and msrp is $250.

Reaction score
I agree. As I said, I'm not crazy about the hands, but if the head sculpts and costumes look good, at that scale and price with the amount of articulation and a voice chip, I'm not going to let some funky looking hands stop me from buying every version of Han and Leia DST makes.

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
I'm really curious about their 1:3 Vader and stormtrooper helmet

How is it that the 1/3 scale is only $39.99 and the 1/4 is $75? It must be really low quality. And they are releasing armored figs first. Must be all plastic?

$175 for a 1:1 anatomically correct Yoda? Sounds like it won't be half bad....

Reaction score

Quick bump since Razor's Edge has the Maul 1/4 Scale up for pre-order.

Anyone looking to get into this line?

Reaction score

wclehmann said:
Anyone looking to get into this line?
I gotta say, based on what I have seen, the answer is a resounding no for me. SSC's PF, while kinda an apples and oranges comparison, blows these away as the 1/4 scale item of choice.

Reaction score

I got excited when I heard they would be offering a life-size Yoda for around $125, but spoke with a Diamond rep at Wizard World Chicago and was told they likely won't be doing that piece now. I guess it was supposed to be a life-size Yoda bank, but they don't have the rights to do life-size figures.

$125 did seem a bit too good to be true, but I'm still holding hope for SS or somebody making a life-size OT Yoda. The only official release, that I'm aware of, is the Illusive Concepts one.

I did, however, see their 1/4 scale Obi-Wan and Sidious figures. They are definitely figures and not statues, and will not replace the SS 1/4 scale line. On the other hand, they are a heck of a lot cheaper and probably not intended to replace them.

Reaction score

I ordered Maul just to see how they actually turn out. The pics are likely prototypes and not final product. I want to see what we actually get. Plus i just can't afford the premium format stuff from sideshow even though most of it is awesome. When this comes out i will post and let everyone know how it measures up.

Reaction score

It would be cool to see some pics when you get your Maul statue Jalthe

Reaction score

26" Vader for $39.99???
1:1 Yoda for $175???
I'm really sceptic but I hope....

Reaction score

I ordered the maul for my son. What kid wouldnt like a 20 inch action figure. And not a bad price also.

austin

Reaction score

MusicalJedi said:
The only official release, that I'm aware of, is the Illusive Concepts one.
No, Gentle Giant has the best Life-Size Yoda 1:1 with the FX lightsaber.

Reaction score

Probably not for me, but will wait and see what the finished product looks like.

Quite happy with the SS PF line, but it is nice to see alternative collectibles that will work for different tastes & budgets.

Reaction score

Checked out the pics on the main page. For $80 I'd expect the right lightsaber to be included...Not too impressed with the rest of the deal either. They look good from a distance, but the close-ups just aren't doing it for me. IMHO, Sideshow's got better product for a better price...

Reaction score

DarthPotts1975 said:
these look awful
They sure do! But then again if you have kids you can make them think they are getting an expensive collectable.

Reaction score

Shadow said:
K_D said:
With the stance of Lukes hands I can see a caption on this photo of Luke saying "Oh, you make me so angry".

Edit: Just noticed they have this photo captioned as ANH Luke Skywalker.
The face looks like it came straight from Robot Chicken.

Reaction score

JGordon24 said:
toasterstrudels said:
The face looks like it came straight from Robot Chicken.
Ohmygosh...you're right!
Hahahaha... that is funny.

As a children's "high end toy", maybe these work, but definitely not for the serious collector.

Reaction score

I didn't think the Maul sculpt was too bad. After looking at all the pictures there is no way I would buy one of those.