Dewback Pack

Reaction score
What should I get, TLC Dewback, or this one?
It's basically going to be the exact same creature repackaged (maybe a VERY VERY slight paint diefference to pull in the completists. Plus, the EXACT Sandtrooper was abundantly released in the TVC line' 1st or 2nd wave, thus you've probably already got that(if not, it's easily found here in the classified at RS or at amazon or at rip-off-Bay). Therefore, my personal suggestion to you would be this:
If you can find the "older" one("older" meaning that it was just released earlier, there is nothing "old" about it), ---many Walmarts still have them laying around in stray spots(and not always in the Star Wars section, so keep your eyes peeled), I would suggest getting that version, ESPECIALLY because many WM's have now had it on clearance for a while now (simply cause many of the boxes have been dented, slightly crushed etc). Thus, I would suggest go for that one if you can find it. Look through 2,3 or 4 WM's if that's possible for you. Believe me, this will pay off in the long run because this "newer" packaged set is the same price (more if you find it at clearance) for just the Dewback alone w/out even the figure & his accessories(for poking/prodding the animal included. Good luck my my friend, & good hunting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally made it over to the Walmart I knew still had a couple dewbacks to see if they were still there and at the $14.50 price. Indeed, there was one left, but it was totally ripped open in the corner. I couldn't tell if it was all there, yet still got in line to get at that price. Disgruntled by the lack of cashiers with the number of people in line and the item not being in decent shape, I walked away.

Reaction score
Made it to a different Walmart kinda out of the way today and scored two mint Dewbacks at $14.50. Also, got one leftover 8-pack of Saga Legends for $12.50 (was glad to get another Stormtrooper, though I really have no interest in the space trooper it also came with).

Finally made it over to the Walmart I knew still had a couple dewbacks to see if they were still there and at the $14.50 price. Indeed, there was one left, but it was totally ripped open in the corner. I couldn't tell if it was all there, yet still got in line to get at that price. Disgruntled by the lack of cashiers with the number of people in line and the item not being in decent shape, I walked away.

Reaction score
Got one of these for $14.50 tonight whilst grocery gettin'. Kinda cheap and I'm a man-child that needs to bribe myself into fulfilling routine adult tasks.

Reaction score
Had the first one. Bought this one because it was half-off. It's worth getting.

Reaction score
To any who have purchased both versions, does the 2nd release have a better paint app on the saddle than the first release (with trooper included)?

Thanks.

Reaction score
To any who have purchased both versions, does the 2nd release have a better paint app on the saddle than the first release (with trooper included)?

Thanks.
Dont know if it helps but this is the second version saddle

Dont you think these guys look so much better after some touch up paint? My cell phone pics dont do it justice, it looks fantastic in person.

ETA: I thought I had an old thread on this dewback , here - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1078537/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just picked this up today. Why does my Sandtrooper look like he has a broken pelvis?

Reaction score
No, it's a DTF Dewey. My sandie is from TVC - the very dirty version. I also tried the white-pauldroned clean version, and he seems even more prone to hip displacia.