Dewback Pack

Reaction score
I would have actually bought the thing if it included those accessories, and many other collectors would have as well - kids wouldnt even have noticed the change, and Hasbro could have cashed in on so many more of these selling - now they have a 1-way ticket to the clearance aisle.

Reaction score
In Hasbro's defense, it's not like they displayed a complete creature, with those accessories, and then didn't ship them. They sculpted them several years ago, and as far as anyone knows, never actually completed development.

Reaction score
I would have actually bought the thing if it included those accessories, and many other collectors would have as well - kids wouldnt even have noticed the change, and Hasbro could have cashed in on so many more of these selling - now they have a 1-way ticket to the clearance aisle.
Ditto. I would have bought it too even though I don't have the room. The new accessories would have convinced to make room. Let's hope Hasbro rethinks this down the road and that the shelves aren't filled collecting dust with this repackaged version. Dang it!

Reaction score
Yeah, that news made me sad this morning. I would have purchased several of those...
i might pick up a few just for the variety as well. really would like to know what's up with the Calhoun Burns figure that looks like it got to a similar stage but never produced. Looks like it would've been in the GI Joe line around the time they released Matt Trakker.

Reaction score
i might pick up a few just for the variety as well. really would like to know what's up with the Calhoun Burns figure that looks like it got to a similar stage but never produced. Looks like it would've been in the GI Joe line around the time they released Matt Trakker.
:confused:

Have I come to the wrong place? lol

Reaction score
Ditto. I would have bought it too even though I don't have the room. The new accessories would have convinced to make room. Let's hope Hasbro rethinks this down the road and that the shelves aren't filled collecting dust with this repackaged version. Dang it!
Now would have been the time to release it, I doubt they'll do it during the release of another movie. Its a real shame because with new accessories this would have a better chance at retail. At this point, I dont see this item doing much more than collecting dust.

Reaction score
Think how much it would sell if there were some Sandtroopers on the pegs.....

(Runs and hides)

Reaction score
Throw me in on the list of those who would have bought it with the gear from Episode I.
I was able to pick up two with the first release, one full price one on clearance. I saw the re-release the other day and passed on it thinking I already have two.
What a shame, that the little bit of change could have made this one sell so much better in my opinion.

Reaction score
I had this in my hand today, but left without it. I like it, but not enough to pay $30.

I wish it weren't an exclusive. I'd probably pay $25 for it, but not $30.

Reaction score
It is sad that while they have all these tie-ins for TPM they didn't finish the development on the prequel saddle and release it that way. There were a ton of the Dewbacks on clearance the first time around. For $30 I would have bought one with the new tooling saddle. Now I'll just wait till they get clearanced out for $10 and pick up 3 for the same price. There will probably be enough floating around with all the other repack junk. :(

Reaction score
Can't wait for these to show up at your local store? As reported by swcollector.com, these are now available at Walmart.com for $29.96 along with the Vulture Droid. Get them while you can.

Reaction score
I can't believe you bastiches are going to make me buy this thing and then return it just to find out that the tail isn't really moveable as the box says...

Reaction score
I couldn't have been more pleased with this dewback... Well, maybe I could have. TPM saddle would have been nice and it would have been great to get a figure too! I missed it the first time around and I'm glad I got it this time!!!

Reaction score
The Dewback is fantastic. Love to get an extra ( got the first Wally Exclusive one from last year) but 29.99 is still way to expensive.

Reaction score
Are these in stores now? I looked last week but didn't find any of them? I atleast want one. Missed them the first go around.

Reaction score
I am well gutted that Hasbro didn't go with the TPM accessories! I feel so gutted for buying it now, but it's very Hasbro to do this sly sort of thing. More amazing photos on here:

Creative art photos on Webshots
That's the first time I'm seeing these scrapped prototype accessories. I picked up the Legacy Dewback at CV to customize him into the Ep 1 version walking along the Mos Espa streets. Darn, those really should have been included.

ZX3

Reaction score
Is this a straight repack, or is there something different about it? New deco at all?
Actually I wonder that about pretty much all of these "new" Phantom Menace vehicles (except the obviously different Vulture Droid).

Reaction score
Got this last night and put a VTC Sandtrooper on top of it. Doesn't really fit on the saddle real well but still a cool piece nonetheless.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Looks to me like Hasbro just shrunk down their 12" Dewback a little.

I gave mine a custom paint job :)
ps- I have the POTF and original Kenner versions on the way in the mail!

Reaction score
Anyone else notice how smelly the plastic was on this?

I put it on a shelf when I first got it and it overwhelmed that part of the room. :p