Dewback Pack

Reaction score
This is where I am on this one. I watched two Dewbacks from the legacy collection sit on the so-called clearance asile at Wal-Mart for over a year and the price never got any lower than normal Wal-Mart retail, despite the price being reprinted on a red clearance sticker. Eventually they vanished, but I don't know if they were bought or just shifted to another store.
I know exactly what you're saying because I went through the same thing! Watched some and bided my time hoping they would be discounted. Then they all vanished.

They probably ended up at Ross stores, which is just friggin' great because there aren't any of those in Michigan.

Reaction score
There's a lot of split feelings for this one. I liked the Dewback we got a few years ago, but it looked nothing like one. I like this one as well and I'll but it if I see it, but I still think the POTF Dewback looks the most screen-accurate.

Reaction score
I like the idea, but I wish they'd included a figure to sweeten the deal. Say, give us a jawa or Rum Sleg, since they were in Mos Espa near the dewbacks, or for that matter, Nobot.

Reaction score
There's a lot of split feelings for this one. I liked the Dewback we got a few years ago, but it looked nothing like one. I like this one as well and I'll but it if I see it, but I still think the POTF Dewback looks the most screen-accurate.
They're all screen accurate, it's just that there's more than one type of dewback we've seen on screen.

* The old Kenner version was based on the original trilogy prop that was in ANH right up until the special editions hit and it was animated over.
* The POTF2 version was based on the CGI special edition dewback that still appears in the versions of ANH that is featured on the DVDs and BDs today.
* The Walmart dewback we got a couple of years ago (which is basically the same as this 2012 release) is based on the newer CGI dewback seen in TPM.

So, all of them are authentic and based on the movie dewbacks - it just depends on which movie dewback you're looking at and which toy. One thing is for sure, however, the Walmart dewback that came out a couple of years ago with the sandtrooper was an odd pairing, because that one paired a TPM dewback with an ANH sandtrooper, which is something we haven't yet seen on screen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They're all screen accurate, it's just that there's more than one type of dewback we've seen on screen.

* The old Kenner version was based on the original trilogy prop that was in ANH right up until the special editions hit and it was animated over.
* The POTF2 version was based on the CGI special edition dewback that still appears in the versions of ANH that is featured on the DVDs and BDs today.
* The Walmart dewback we got a couple of years ago (which is basically the same as this 2012 release) is based on the newer CGI dewback seen in TPM.

So, all of them are authentic and based on the movie dewbacks - it just depends on which movie dewback you're looking at and which toy. One thing is for sure, however, the Walmart dewback that came out a couple of years ago with the sandtrooper was an odd pairing, because that one paired a TPM dewback with an ANH sandtrooper, which is something we haven't yet seen on screen.
Dunno how many times this needs to be explained!! :mad:

Reaction score
This is where I am on this one. I watched two Dewbacks from the legacy collection sit on the so-called clearance asile at Wal-Mart for over a year and the price never got any lower than normal Wal-Mart retail, despite the price being reprinted on a red clearance sticker. Eventually they vanished, but I don't know if they were bought or just shifted to another store.

i had 2 show a couple of weeks ago at my secondary walmart.
scanned 'em, $23.00. still passed, i've seen cheaper listings in the Scum classified boards.
checked again thursday and they both say "please see an associate"
thinking about seeing how cheap i can get one of them for this week. there are no price stickers, so who knows

Reaction score
They are the same. It is likely that they will be the same price too, except with one you get a figure - much like the Tauntaun debacle.

Reaction score
Is the Dewback even prominent enough in TPM for kids to have an interest in it? I think Hasbro knows many collectors are going to pass on this - so they must be banking on kids wanting it - I just dont see it happening. Hasbro should focus on beasts from the CW series, I think thats what kids want and they've been neglected into season 4...

Reaction score
I got the TLC off a Scummer the other day for my ANH Tatooine Focus, I know it's not really ANH but who cares?

So passing on this for sure now. I needed another Sandtrooper.

Reaction score
It's a maybe for me. The only Dewback I have is the POTF2 version (which still looks good IMO)

Reaction score
I have 3 Dewbacks in total which is good enough for me.

Still have my original Kenner Dewback from back in the day (saddle buckle is broken :( )
POTF Dewback (From the Special Editions - perhaps my favorite)
Walmart Exclusive Dewback

I too would rather see Hasbro focus on other beasts like an updated Wampa and Ronto.

Reaction score
I'd like to see other beasts made, like a new Wampa.
Not a big fan of either POTF2 or SAGA Wampa so I'd definitely like to see a new sculpt.

And since I missed the TLC release of this beastie I'll be picking him up this go around.

Reaction score
Not a big fan of either POTF2 or SAGA Wampa so I'd definitely like to see a new sculpt.

And since I missed the TLC release of this beastie I'll be picking him up this go around.
I believe the Wampa you're referring to us from TAC, which is the last one we got. But, we still need a new one!

Reaction score
Anyone coming across one of these yet? I'm looking to get two of these because I missed out on them the first time and I hope they are a bit cheaper than they were before.

Reaction score
Someone has one of these up on eBay right now so apparently these are hitting shelves. I've seen everything but this and the Vulture droid so far so i guess they'll hit on the street date.

Reaction score
And I'm guessing you can find that same sandtrooper for $5 either here in the forums or on-line so it's all good...:)

GNT

Reaction score
Exactly, I'm sure everyone already has a mountain of Sandtroopers anyways.

Reaction score
There shouldn't be any Sandtroopers in stores because the Hasbro reps were supposed to pull them all from the shelves.

Reaction score
There shouldn't be any Sandtroopers in stores because the Hasbro reps were supposed to pull them all from the shelves.
This wasn't done in all areas. I could make a run and buy at least 30 sandtroopers right now. Of course, Dengar is worse...

But on topic, I love this Dewback sculpt, but ended up with several the last time around. I wish they would have sculpted a different saddle to match the episode one on-screen look to tie in with the Phantom Menace releases...

Reaction score
Never got this, always wanted one as a kid. Easy pick up this time around. Cant wait.