Dewback Pack

GNT

Reaction score
Until we see more let the speculation begin on this one.

Looks like we'll be seeing some form of Dewback 1 of 2, 2 of 2 in the new packaging, you can just see it in the background.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I missed the Walmart exclusive Dewback last year so I'll buy whatever that new "2 of 2" version is

Reaction score
I didn't know they made an Episode I dewback!
No, the Legacy sculpt was based on the Ep.1 Dewback CGI model even though it is entirely different to both the original Ep. 4 version AND the SE CGI Ep.4 version. Yet it came with a Sandtrooper, who, strictly speaking, was never seen on this particular iteration of this beast. Keep up! LOL.

Reaction score
No, the Legacy sculpt was based on the Ep.1 Dewback CGI model even though it is entirely different to both the original Ep. 4 version AND the SE CGI Ep.4 version. Yet it came with a Sandtrooper, who, strictly speaking, was never seen on this particular iteration of this beast. Keep up! LOL.
Oh. Argh, the world of Star Wars animals is so confusing! :)

Reaction score
Eh, not sure on this. Need to see a lot of comparison pics I think...

Reaction score
Does anyone have a highly-detailed picture illustrating the differences? For how much screen time they have in Episode I (which I can't even remember), it seems odd that they didn't re-use the ANH SE model.

Reaction score
I'd love to pick this set up. I reluctantly got rid of my Walmart Dewback a while back, so I'd be game for a new set, especially if there's another one to go along with it!

Reaction score
Does anyone have a highly-detailed picture illustrating the differences? For how much screen time they have in Episode I (which I can't even remember), it seems odd that they didn't re-use the ANH SE model.
Now that's what I'd like to see. I know the difference between the original ANH and the EP1, but I thought the SE and EP1 were the same.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I absolutely hate the ep. I dewbacks...I've always thought of them as the 1997 version even when they were just background props and nothing more...

Reaction score
I like my POTF dewback, I put the new sandtrooper on the old dewback and tossed the "new" dewback in the closet where it's collecting dust

Reaction score
At first I thought the new dewback had a smaller head than the last but they are indeed the same.

Last edited:
Reaction score
hmm funny how the Sideshow Dewback is posed nearly the same as the POTF2 Dewback.

Reaction score
I will never, ever like any style of dewback other than the Star Wars '77 version. That Kenner toy and the accompanying promotional materials are too deeply ingrained.

Which is a long way of saying, "No thanks. Enjoy, imaginary audience Lucasfilm thinks will be showing up for this fiasco."

Reaction score
This is an interesting surprise. I have 2 of the Legacy ones, but if the price is right, I might pick up another.

GNT

Reaction score
I missed the last release so this is a plus, if it shows up here I'll pick one up :)

Reaction score
It's a great beast and I highly recommend it. I understand the inaccuracies, but it's too cool to pass up.

Reaction score
It's a great beast and I highly recommend it. I understand the inaccuracies, but it's too cool to pass up.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. I managed to get the Legacy version from a fellow scummer so I can pass on this one.

Reaction score
they're giant awesome lizards! I don't care if the Ep 1 version was different than the ANH SE design onscreen, I also don't mind the wires got crossed in the release of the last giant lizard toy. I'll buy this one because I missed it last time.

Reaction score
I dont think any wires got crossed or anything was a mistake. I remember a lot of discussion about this back in '09 when it first came out. Outcome was that this Ep1 look is the "official" look for a dewback in Star Wars now. For whatever reason Lucasfilm altered the look slightly when CGI'ing it for TPM. And that is now to be used everywhere. The fact that they havent gone back and changed the EPIV Dewback yet doesnt mean that they wont. I dont think we have seen any in TCW, but I guess when we do they will look like this. That was pretty much what the conclusion was, I dont know where it all came from, but it all still there in the Legacy forum.
Besides hasnt anyone watched "Anatomy of a Dewback" on the BluRay, maybe it discusses it all there?

Reaction score
Never got the first one, so I may pick this up. Just as long as it's not the same ridiculous price WalMart was asking before; $32.99:greedy_dollars:

Reaction score
I missed this the first time around...and seeing as it is a Wal-Mart exclusive I'll probably miss it again. Not cause I don't have a Wal-Mart, but because Wal-Mart only seems to stock exclusives in 1 out of 250 stores for some reason. And if I am just getting the Dewback and no figure I'd much rather have vintage packaging.

Reaction score
I dont think any wires got crossed or anything was a mistake. I remember a lot of discussion about this back in '09 when it first came out. Outcome was that this Ep1 look is the "official" look for a dewback in Star Wars now. For whatever reason Lucasfilm altered the look slightly when CGI'ing it for TPM. And that is now to be used everywhere. The fact that they havent gone back and changed the EPIV Dewback yet doesnt mean that they wont. I dont think we have seen any in TCW, but I guess when we do they will look like this. That was pretty much what the conclusion was, I dont know where it all came from, but it all still there in the Legacy forum.
Besides hasnt anyone watched "Anatomy of a Dewback" on the BluRay, maybe it discusses it all there?
I watched Anatomy of a Dewback last night...

Basically, it came down to "you can barely see the Dewback in A New Hope," so making them match perfectly wasn't a big concern. I still haven't seen any photos comparing the three versions - just photos of the toys, which are hardly a definitive source.