Destroyer Droid - Walmart Wave

GNT

Reaction score
The Destroyer Droid with shield will be making it's return back in the Walmart wave. Picture is up here

Reaction score
This was a big HTF for me back in 07' and still today. Last one I bought was $10 at a Toy Show. Glad they rereleased it.

Reaction score
I still wish they'd release this canceled Destroyer Droid, it has more articulation. I also like the sculpted wires on the arms.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I might want this, depending on how the shield turns out. It does look lighter in that carded picture, so that's promising.

Reaction score
Most likely a pass for me. I really think this Movie Heroes line is focused toward kids with Hasbro looking for parents to drop the money at the cash register.

Reaction score
I like the wires on the cancelled figure. I just sold off my TAC versions not too long ago. I don't think I'll turn around and get one again.

CIS

Reaction score
Anybody know if the shield is more translucent than the previous one? Never mind, just looked at a pic of a Droideka and the shield is somewhat clear actually. Hopefully this shield is kind of transparent.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nope, I was hoping it was. I mean, it seems less blue(I never got the original), but you still can't really see the Droid through it very well. It looks like he built a snow fort. Still, it's a large piece and a solid figure that I'm glad to have. Big accessories like this seem to be a thing of the past and I'm glad this was an opportunity to rerelease a piece that wouldn't have made it to the action feature heavy Heroes line and would have been way too large for a vintage card. Gonna buy another to make the full sphere!

Reaction score
I bought two of these in 07 to get the full shield bubble, so I'm not getting it again now. The only other droideka I'd purchase is a transforming one.

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any subtle changes to this release in deco? My wife found the new figs for me today and phoned me but I told her to not get the Destroyer Droid as I thought it might be the exact same as the previous release. If there are differences I may get one just to add to my army.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll probably pass on it them. I never liked that shield. I always hoped they would re-release it with a smooth, clear and perfectly round shield, kinda like what you see in the movie.

Reaction score
The only difference appears to be the lighter colored (but not light enough) shield.
Yeah, I saw it in person for the first time this evening and it definitely is not as blue as the first release's, but you still can't see the Destroyer Droid through it. Disappointing.

Reaction score
Great figure (MUCH better than the horrible Saga Legends/Movie Legends version), but alas, the shield is not as good as I'd hope it to be.

Reaction score
Hey, could any of you guys in the US pick two of these up for me to ship to the UK. We don't have Walmarts, and so I haven't found the figure over here. PM me if you can help!

Reaction score
I got two today, but the second one may be going back. The only reason I might keep it is for the other half of the bubble, but I don't even like that too much.

I want a good droideka. They all seem to have too many problems.

Reaction score
Does the shield connect to the figure somehow? I picked one up today, and it looks like the shield just sits on the ground. Is this right?

Reaction score
^ Yeah, I think so. I don't remember there being any way to connect it to the TAC figure back then, either. I think its just a bubble that envelopes the droid.

Reaction score
Hey, could any of you guys in the US pick two of these up for me to ship to the UK. We don't have Walmarts, and so I haven't found the figure over here. PM me if you can help!
These are available in Asda! We've been finding thiese for a while now, so it shouldn't be an issue :)

Reaction score
Does the shield connect to the figure somehow? I picked one up today, and it looks like the shield just sits on the ground. Is this right?
^ Yeah, I think so. I don't remember there being any way to connect it to the TAC figure back then, either. I think its just a bubble that envelopes the droid.
It's not made to attach, but there are holes for the droid to blast through.

Reaction score
It's not made to attach, but there are holes for the droid to blast through.

That picture helps a lot. Do the two bubble halves actually close over the droid completely? I found one today at Wal Mart and the bubble half doesn't seem tall enough. I don't know how that'll work.