Destroy the Vong you say? Easier to do than you think.......

Reaction score
I am reading the NJO storyline and, although I hate to admit it, but I think Kyp's philosophy is correct. Attack darkness with darkness. What would it harm? Someone may cross over to the "Dark Side"? Well let's see. Luke, Mara, Kyp, Kam, Zekk, and Anakin/Vader all went over to the dark Side at some point and have all come back. Why not take the attack to the Vong and risk it again for the sake of the Republic? Or galaxy? Just a thought...

Reaction score
DJ,

I tend to agree with you. It is pretty obvious that the "sitting around, waiting for something to happen, defend oneself" attitude in recent NJO events isn't going to save the day.

Reaction score
I don't think that Luke want the Jedi to be passive, it's just that he doesn't want the Jedi leading every charge and using the force aggressively. the Jedi are supposed to be the GUARDIANS of peace and justice, not the aggressors. Also, there are only about a hundred or so Jedi...it's not like they can have a huge army of Jedi Knights storm into every Yuzaan Vong stronghold and wipe everyone out! Plus, with the Jedi unable to sense the YV in the force, it might be prudent to rethink they're tactics instead of rushing in where angels fear to tread. Not to mention the Jedi are alreeady feared by a majority of the New Republic, and with Tsavong La's offer of peace if the Jedi are turned over to him....they are having more trouble trying to help out.

Also...Kyp's tactics will ultimately lead to the darkside....what's worse, the Yuzaan Vong or a hundred or so Darth Vaders???

I think with what Anakin discovered on Yavin in the last novel, we're going to see a change in Luke's thinking.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

Reaction score
The Jedi are the guardians of peace and justice, like a police force. Our local police spend most of their time handing out speeding tickets, but sometimes they are called out to save lives, take a bullet, and sometimes even kill. I don't see where the Jedi should be any less active in wartime.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force!