Despecialized Trilogy Harmy Version and Quality Questions

Reaction score
Kenner Headquarters Cincinnati Ohio 45202
1) Exactly which torrent files links are the most recent and best versions? I realize they are still working on one for ROTJ but have an older version.

2) Would playing it directly from my computer to the TV, via HDMI cable, be the same quality as burning it to a Blu Ray and playing it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
1) Exactly which torrent files links are the most recent and best versions? I realize they are still working on one for ROTJ but have an older version.

2) Would playing it directly from my computer to the TV, via HDMI cable, be the same quality as burning it to a Blu Ray and playing it?
I can not believe you are asking for this. This goes against everything these forums stand for. I do not believe anyone will help you in this matter. So do not bring these types of requests to this forums again.

Reaction score
How greedy can you be. Just buy them. They barely cost anything
You can't buy them dip crap. They're only available in crappy inferior Lucas format I would gladly pay for them please show me where. I want Blu ray quality theatrical release versions. Pre Lucas molestation. So grab a towel and go dry your tears.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The OP wants to watch the ORIGINAL theatrical releases. Since he's posting on a Star Wars fan forum, I'm pretty sure he already owns copies of the movies so I wouldn't call him greedy for not wanting to watch the garbage Special Editions. People need to relax.

Vader1979.... I would help you if I knew the answer to your question. I hate the Special Editions and Blu Ray versions of the OT as well and unfortunately I am still forced to watch the OT on VHS or the DVD versions that are copies of the laser discs that were released in a set with the SE about 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The OP wants to watch the ORIGINAL theatrical releases. Since he's posting on a Star Wars fan forum, I'm pretty sure he already owns copies of the movies so I wouldn't call him greedy for not wanting to watch the garbage Special Editions. People need to relax.

Vader1979.... I would help you if I knew the answer to your question. I hate the Special Editions and Blu Ray versions of the OT as well and unfortunately I am still forced to watch the OT on VHS or the DVD versions that are copies of the laser discs that were released in a set with the SE about 10 years ago.
I sure as ***** own the crappy ones. These people don't read and have to enter their 2 cents

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that does not excuse you wanting to watch an illegal version of star wars. You will just have to wait until the OT original version on blu-ray like me and the rest of us on the forums. What you are asking for is wrong. These boards are not here for users to post asking for an illegal act.

I sure as ***** own the crappy ones. These people don't read and have to enter their 2 cents

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that does not excuse you wanting to watch an illegal version of star wars. You will just have to wait until the OT original version on blu-ray like me and the rest of us on the forums. What you are asking for is wrong. These boards are not hear for users to post asking for an illegal act.
I just ordered a set of REVALVEIT lightsaber replacements. What's THAT do for ya?

:whistling:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of REVALVEIT lightsaber replacements. What's THAT do for ya?

:whistling:
While I do agree with you about wanting to watch the orginal OT in the highest definition possible, I am strongly opposed to repro vintage parts and weapons

Reaction score
I just don't want any malware... but I refuse to watch George's 90s-present monstrosities leading up to TFA. But I really want to do a proper trilogy marathon beforehand. So... I'm researching VPN services.

Reaction score
I just don't want any malware... but I refuse to watch George's 90s-present monstrosities leading up to TFA. But I really want to do a proper trilogy marathon beforehand. So... I'm researching VPN services.
EXACTLY! This will make the perfect marathon party addition.

Look into an IP blocking program to run in the background. It blocks known honeytraps, honeypots and bad IP addresses. Haven't tried it yet, but heard it's the latest from of defense

There's no malware if you read the comments about the files from other downloaders. There will be more seeders as well. Just run malwarebytes afterwards for peace of mind.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that does not excuse you wanting to watch an illegal version of star wars. You will just have to wait until the OT original version on blu-ray like me and the rest of us on the forums. What you are asking for is wrong. These boards are not here for users to post asking for an illegal act.
There's actually nothing illegal about these releases. They are free (not being sold as profit) and as long as you own a purchased version of the movie they can't touch you. These fall under the category of fan edits which only become illegal when they are sold for profit or distributed to people who do not own the movies.

Keep waiting for the original cuts of the movies. There's so much red tape involved in getting those released to the public. First hurdle is re-assembling the actual movie or finding a good quality non special edition 35mm print to pull new copies from. The original negative only exists as the SE now. You could pull from a theatrical print but you have a couple generations lost. Then there's the whole restoration thing. Then let's not forget that pesky hurdle of Fox still owning ANH. That's a big one right there. Can it be done, yes but there's a reason it hasn't been done yet. It's a massively complex undertaking.

Reaction score
Whoa, interesting to see controversy over this. Definitely was not an issue during the prequel era. Never saw anyone up in arms over it with Adywan.

Reaction score
Whoa, interesting to see controversy over this. Definitely was not an issue during the prequel era. Never saw anyone up in arms over it with Adywan.
No kidding, I have the despecialized purist edition of anh along with a 720p harmy ESB. I still need to get Harmy's ANH and ROTJ. I haven't seen the originals since my THX VHS copies.

I vote following the directions in some of the fan edit forums to get Harmy's stuff. It'll take forever but the torrents I tried weren't 720p (which I think is the highest resolution he has for them) and it's worth the wait. My torrent turned out to be a compressed version full of crushed blacks. Ugh.

Reaction score
****, the new 4K versions on Disney+ look fantastic!!! I’m hoping Harmy can use them for a future release of Despecialized.

Reaction score
I can not believe you are asking for this. This goes against everything these forums stand for. I do not believe anyone will help you in this matter. So do not bring these types of requests to this forums again.
Man! One of the funniest posts I've seen in ages. Yeah you're right, bro, they're sure carting dozens and dozens off to jail for essentially jaywalking to the unaltered Special Editions. Man this original poster must be TRULY evil. LMFAO! I don't think it's possible to be more dramatic! Get a life! I have very little sympathy for a multi-billion dollar company when it comes to the equivalent of taking a box of pens from the storage cabinet. Ever see the SW Holiday Special? Guess what...you did the same thing then.

Last edited: