Desert Skiff with Anakin Skywalker

Reaction score
Re: Anakin Skywalker Desert Sport Skiff

Not so sure I would want the Anakin,but the thing he's riding looks cool.

Reaction score

This is a repack of the Luke with Desert Skiff back in the day. Launches a missile and the wings are springloaded.

Reaction score

I can't believe they dug up that old fossil!

Reaction score

DarthRevan17 said:
Not so sure I would want the Anakin,but the thing he's riding looks cool.
Sadly, that "cool" thing can be had pretty cheaply on the sceondary market, as it wasn't too hard to come by in 1996. LEast the figure is an improvement this time around.

Reaction score

I wan't the figure but not the piece of [censored] he's tooling around on. I already have one from like a million years ago. You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.

Reaction score

I guess this goes to prove that Hasbro will re-issue and repaint anything.

Reaction score

One of the first POTF toys I said "NOT BUYING IT", and never did. Looks like something Green Goblin would use if he was in the Star Wars universe.

Reaction score

This would make for some pretty good pirate/Jabba's goons customs, I think. That figure actually looks pretty cool, and repainting a couple of those things would be great dio-stuff. I may actually get 1 or 2 of these. I do still have my old POTF2 one, though, haha. I'll need to see this in person, I guess.

Reaction score

LOL at the Luke above. Steroid Skywalker?

Anakin Skywalker, with new mask!
There seems to be a lot of such variations on CW Anakin, and he is in every other Battle Pack released, as well as now 2 deluxe packs.

Anakin is the central figure in the series, and kids must be scuffing him up and losing his lightsaber quite a bit, needing him to be continually replaced. That why I think reason Hasbro releases him over and over again.

Reaction score

As awful as that "Sport Skiff" was/still is, I gotta hand it to Hasbro---way to squeeze a couple extra bucks out of nothing!! This is TRULY a case of "one's man's trash is another man's treasure", as I had bought 2 of these way back when they 1st came out and about 3 or 4 years ago while doing a "SW stuff spring cleaning" I threw them in the trash....and now parents everywhere will actually be paying money to bring these into their homes...LMAO!!!

G

Wow that Anakin looks pretty good! Might just have to pick this one up.

Reaction score

I never would have thought that thing would be recycled as a Clone Wars vehicle. Is that thing actually going to be in Season 2?

G

Darth_Broem said:
I never would have thought that thing would be recycled as a Clone Wars vehicle. Is that thing actually going to be in Season 2?
This is a made up vehicle by hasbro so it will never be in a film or cartoon.

Reaction score

wiiwhitey said:
Darth_Broem said:
This is a made up vehicle by hasbro so it will never be in a film or cartoon.
Well although it is HIGHLY unlikely I wouldn't completely rule it out. However yeah I really doubt it. Personally I won't be getting this one - don't want the skiff and I'll use the new Space Anakin as the 'Ultimate Anakin'.

Reaction score

I really don't mind the Anakin, it looks pretty good. Haven't we come far enough though that we don't have to see another desert sport skiff? This is not gonna be well recieved by the collecting community. The other two however are really cool!

Reaction score

Maybe later on we can get Rex as crowd control Rex and maybe somewhere in the series we'll see a smuggler that helps out Obi-Wan and they can re-release that smuggler thing that came with Han Solo.

That missle trooper with a clone head can't be far behind now.

Dom

Reaction score

Yeah I hated the POTF deluxe. The Ani looks different though and they make work this POS into season 2. Wonder if that will change peoples minds?

Reaction score

Like the figure. Hate the thing (I refuse to call it a vehicle). Didn't buy it in 1995. I'l at least consider it this time around.

GNT

Reaction score

Never bought the original Luke version in the 90s and I'll continue that trend by not buying it this decade either. Possibly one of the worst Clone Wars products yet.

Reaction score

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this "new" deluxe figure this morning. When Hasbro digs these things out of the back of the closet I get some serious flashbacks going on.

More money saved.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Never bought the original Luke version in the 90s and I'll continue that trend by not buying it this decade either. Possibly one of the worst Clone Wars products yet.
Yes, but if this is from an upcoming TCW flashback episode where Anakin goes back to Tatooine and hunts down the parts of the Twilight, fixes the ship, and then leaves the desert sport skiff with Owen Lars, then it actually makes that 1996 one with Luke real. How's that for retcon?

Another Festivus Miracle!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Trooper31 said:
Yes, but if this is from an upcoming TCW flashback episode where Anakin goes back to Tatooine and hunts the parts of the Twilight, fixes the ship, and then leaves the desert sport skiff with Owen Lars, then it actually makes that 1996 one with Luke real. How's that for retcon?

Another Festivus Miracle!!!!!!!!
Interesting. I wonder if Hasbro called up Lucas and said "Hey George, we have this toy from 1996 that we want to legitimize. Can you put it into an episode of The Clone Wars?"

Reaction score

Trooper31 said:
Yes, but if this is from an upcoming TCW flashback episode where Anakin goes back to Tatooine and hunts the parts of the Twilight, fixes the ship, and then leaves the desert sport skiff with Owen Lars, then it actually makes that 1996 one with Luke real. How's that for retcon?
I'm sure Anakin will probably have to make his way to Toshi Station to pickup a few power converters to get the Twilight running again.

Reaction score

Man that's digging way back! Now I'm waiting for Hasbro to start re-using the 1980's Kenner Mini Rig molds.
I actually bought that Luke on the Sport Skiff back in the day when I needed one of every new figure.
It was the 1st to go a few years back when I started downsizing my collection.

Reaction score

DarthZylek said:
Trooper31 said:
I'm sure Anakin will probably have to make his way to Toshi Station to pickup a few power converters to get the Twilight running again.
Which is owned by a younger Merl Tosche, who does not like to work at the station very much, leaving Fixer's Dad to run the station and hang out with his friends. Also, we learn that they all call Owen Lars Worm, which will later lead Fixer and friends to name Luke Wormie.

Reaction score

Was never keen on the Skiff when it was first released back in the day, but seeing this image makes it look pretty cool. (to me at least) I will be getting one, although I'd have much rather seen the unreleased Nikto from the Jabba pack released with this vehicle.

Reaction score

Why would Hasbro bring something 10 years old back in the market? If it shows up in the show for some weird reason then I understand, but otherwise I call laziness.

Reaction score

Haloid1177 said:
Why would Hasbro bring something 10 years old back in the market? If it shows up in the show for some weird reason then I understand, but otherwise I call laziness.
More like 15 years.

Reaction score

It was a fun toy then and it's still a fun toy now.

I like that they've repainted it and stuck Anakin with it.

It continues the idea that this Clone Wars line is the true heir to Kenner's great Batman the Animated Series line from the early to mid 90s.

If I was a kid I'd want Anakin et al to have cool other pieces of kit ...after all unlike Luke et al the Jedi don't wear that many other costumes.

Kids will love this ... hee hee and so will I

Thank the Force for the CLone Wars, it's well and truely put the toys back into Star Wars. This will sell, unlike say Ak-Rev and Yarna

Reaction score

Warsaw_Wonder said:
Now I'm waiting for Hasbro to start re-using the 1980's Kenner Mini Rig molds.
That would be my idea of heaven

Man I loved the mini rigs back as a kid, it would be brilliant to see them brought back with updated paint jobs.

Bossk is in season 2 of CW, he could pilot CAP2!

And a clone would look great in the Mobile Laser Cannon.

Reaction score

Is this Hasbro's idea of environmentalism? Endlessly recycling old tooling? These things clogged the pegs 13-14 years ago. What's next a repaint of the "Crowd Control Stormtrooper" apparatus?

Reaction score

You know, for a kids show, this actually makes a great toy. I think that sometimes things get taken too seriously on this forum and people forget for a minute that Hasbro makes a TOY line.

To collectors this may suck but to a 5-year old, Anakin on a sport skiff is fun.

E...

Reaction score

If they limit the POTF2-Deluxe reissues to THIS one, it's fine. This isn't a terrible choice... however, it's a weak figure to release (though the headgear & poncho are kinda cool).

A much better choice would've been that abandoned Nikto Guard. Or better yet, a Weequay Pirate. This 'skiff' would fit right in with the pirates' vehicles, or any "Jabba's Goons" type scenario, too.

Sadly they went the lazy route, probably thinking "KIDS KIDS KIDS! MAIN CHARACTERS ALL THE TIME! 75 VARIATIONS OF BATMAN IN ONE TOY LINE!" and maybe a dash of "Heh, fitting that this be reissued with another Skywalker! We can even do it again in a couple years with Sandstorm Leia--she's a Skywalker, too!"

Reaction score

Us old fogies or "collectors" really do need to understand that basically anything Clone Wars related is marketed directly at kids. I know it's a crazy concept but it is actually true. Granted they can't buy $35 exclusive ships but if they beg their parents than maybe.

My initial reaction was the same. The Sport Skiff from 1995 really??? What a freaking joke! But if you are a little kid and you see Anakin on this thing you might just want it. That Anakin figure actually looks pretty good. To be honest that little toy is not a bad toy either for what it is. It's not film accurate to anything of course but again if you are a kid looking at this you might want it. It may be in that price range where the parent says "Ok, you can have that."

Just saying.